Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2001 7:03:45 PM EDT
I just bought a 92 at a gun show. Its an old Italian gun that was shipped to England for LEO use and somehow made it to Melbourne Fla. Its stamped  ***ffleton England (the die made a light hit)and has numerous proof marks and a lanyard loop. Its DA/SA but has no decock lever. Anybody know where I can find the history of this thing?
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an original Model 92. I was working parttime in a gunshop in the mid 80's. We got a bunch of Beretta 92's in. The box had where they were manufactured cut off. My guess is they were 92's made in Brazil prior to Taurus buying the factory. They had really small fixed sights, and some even had the magazine release on the bottom of the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
tc6969, are you sure it's a 92, & [u]not[/u] a "51" ???
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with Stg44 – it sounds like a plain old Model 92.  If so, it should have frame mounted safety like a 1911 and a magazine release button on the left rear side of the grip near the bottom.  It should not have a decock lever.

If I recall correctly, it was introduced in about 1976 and was later replaced by the Model 92S, which replaced the safety with a slide mounted decock lever (but left the magazine release unchanged).

While I don’t have a copy, I suspect this gun is covered in Gene Gangarosa’s “Modern Beretta Firearms”, which is published by Stoeger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top