Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
A few times I have had a car act suspicious behind me....

I just pull up my shirt put my hand on my Piece and turn around.

mind you this is after a car was following me at walking speed in my apt parking lot for like 50 yards.

if someone(s) is walking towards me, I will actually cross the street or stop till they go by.
I have had people follow me on foot too, one guy was pan handling at a 7-11.
He asked for change, i said no cash. I walked off towards my apt. next thing I know the guy is following me.
So i casually look back and adjust my pistol. He decided to go back to the front of the store.

SA. its important.

You mean you BRANDISH your pistol!!!@@?? Shame on you! You might scare any nearby soccer moms!

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#2]
how do they define brandishing compared to open carry?
does the gun have to be in your hand to be brandishing it?
also, how can they cite you for disturbing the peace if you are in a open carry state and you are just exerciseing your right to do so?

edit:
these questions are not ment to relate to the original posters story. just out of legal curiosity.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
how do they define brandishing compared to open carry?
does the gun have to be in your hand to be brandishing it?
also, how can they cite you for disturbing the peace if you are in a open carry state and you are just exerciseing your right to do so?

edit:
these questions are not ment to relate to the original posters story. just out of legal curiosity.

In AZ, simply uncovering your firearm is not brandishing. You need to unholster it to be brandishing. You can get popped with intimidation with a firearm or some raw recruit may try to get Ag Assault, but it won't stick. Open carry is legal and fine in AZ. You could defend "flashing" your firearm in AZ. Some states will press charges if your concealed piece sees the light of day.

In Ohio, you need to unconceal your firearm before getting into your car, but you have to have a CCW to carry loaded in your car. My head hurts thinking about that one. Leave it to politicians...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top