BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

wonder what the dollar-peso ratio is....it was 52 to $1 when i left....

56php - 1$!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a deal on Expedia.com at the Mandarin for $115 a night, complementary breakfast, spa treatment and a superior room for Monday.

Then we are going to Tagatay for a picnic at her landlady's cottage with her landlord/landlady and their kids on Tuesday.  Marifiel is renting a van for us.  I'll mention Antonios to her.  We'll goto the outdoor market and cook a meal together as a family.  Then we'll drive back to her place and stay the night there.

In the morning, we'll drive to her family's province then to Subic Bay, then she wants to have a lunch out doors and go for a boat ride with her cousins.  Then, we'll stay the night there on the beachfront somewhere.  Eye, do you have a hotel recommendation on the beach front that is romantic and cozy?

Then we'll drive back to Makati and just check into the Mandarin again and spend some quality time together until Sunday when we'll goto Mass together and then I leave that night.  She is trying to talk me into another 2 week stay tho, lol.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#3]
The Mandarin is a first class 5 star hotel. One of the best in Manila. You will not have any problems there. Treat her to a buffet lunch or dinner in the Mandarin Hotel's  - PASEO UNO. The food is fantastic. Costs around P1,000.00 ++ (taxes) per person.

The Captain's Bar is also a good place to go to in the evening to watch a "live band".

I will check on / ask around about the Hotel in Subic. They are near the waterfront, but NOT beachfront. It is a pier.... if i remember correctly.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:41:37 AM EDT
[#4]
About a year, or year  and a half ago, there was this news story about being able to shoot RPGs at cows?  I'm not sure if that was the Philipines or Indonesia.  From what i remember you paid $100 to shoot at a cow with the PRG.  If ya missed or something you only paid half for the second RPG rocket.   Thats something i'd like to try at least once!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Mandarin is a first class 5 star hotel. One of the best in Manila. You will not have any problems there. Treat her to a buffet lunch or dinner in the Mandarin Hotel's  - PASEO UNO. The food is fantastic. Costs around P1,000.00 ++ (taxes) per person.

The Captain's Bar is also a good place to go to in the evening to watch a "live band".

I will check on / ask around about the Hotel in Subic. They are near the waterfront, but NOT beachfront. It is a pier.... if i remember correctly.

What about White Rock Beach Hotel?  Looks beachfront.  :)
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:16:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:59:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
About a year, or year  and a half ago, there was this news story about being able to shoot RPGs at cows?  I'm not sure if that was the Philipines or Indonesia.  From what i remember you paid $100 to shoot at a cow with the PRG.  If ya missed or something you only paid half for the second RPG rocket.   Thats something i'd like to try at least once!

Hahaha! Definitely NOT here! RPGs are "rare" in these parts. Only ones I know who have them here are muslim secessionist rebs way down south of Mindanao Islands.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:02:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh! I thought you meant the hotels INSIDE Subic - the previous naval base. Yes, I have heard of White Rock Beach Hotel. It is Outside the base, and it is beachfront. I have not been there personally, but have some friends who have. I will ask them how it is.

Will get back to you on that.

[ETA: Are you flying in THIS monday? Sept. 26,2005?]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh! I thought you meant the hotels INSIDE Subic - the previous naval base. Yes, I have heard of White Rock Beach Hotel. It is Outside the base, and it is beachfront. I have not been there personally, but have some friends who have. I will ask them how it is.

Will get back to you on that.

[ETA: Are you flying in THIS monday? Sept. 26,2005?]

I actually stayed at the White Rock on one of my two week active duties back in the 80's.  It was nice.  Don't know how it survived the years, but I would think that some of the newer ones might be a lot nicer especially with a special lady.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Schmeghead aren't you the guy that was trying get up the guts to ask out the convience store girl a couple of weeks ago?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top