User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And the answer is...

[ding ding ding] COLORADO!

You have NO IDEA of the number of armed people here in the Rocky Mountain state, or of the type of horrific topography an enemy would have to deal with as hidden resistors rained a bloody hail of bullets down on them from hidden mountain aireys and from previously quiet forests.

It would be ugly. If the enemy air power was negated by US forces, his armies would suffer grevious casualties assaulting in the foothils alone!  

Oh please Denver and Bolder would fold in 5 min. if the enemy said they brought latté.

Wrong answer, Steve. While Boulder's got its share of hippies and college punks, the surrounding towns (Longmont, Loveland (home of Jensen Arms, that store alone could hold off an army division - you have to see it to believe it!), Superior, and Broomfield, has a very high hunter/redneck contingent.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Texas hands down. Remember the Alamo! I'm not so sure about Florida. It seems to me that you have a lot of retirees from New England and Cuban immigrants there. I really don't think they'd be very motivated or effective against an invading force.

Basically, BushCountry would defend everyone else http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/countymap.htm
I'd like to think that Georgia would be in the top 10, but we probably have too many Lib-tards in Atlanta. Besides, we couldn't defend Atlanta the last time a foreign army invaded it.

Actually, Georgia would win with proper employment of tactics:  Let the envaders take Atl quickly, then surroun them, lay siege and cut off their supply of Starbucks and Bagels.  White Flags by noon...[/quote]

You the man!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm going with North Dakota. Seriously.

Got a little of this in mind?

You may be onto something...

All you Texas fans, what say you?

P.S.  Maryland would certainly be towards the bottom of the list
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Rhode Island
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
TX,MISS,AZ...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I think people are making the mistake of equating lax gun laws and local gun culture with the ability to "inflict damage" on an invading army.  Subconscience delusions of grandeur and machismo.    

It's the gonna be the state with the most complex terrain (urban areas) and high concentrations of people.  That's probably CA, even with their bolt action rifles and 10 shot handguns.  Although one can say that for Texas too.  In states with large, open areas, the invading army has the advantage.    Anyone living on a farm isn't going to last long.      

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I vote for Alaska, mostly because everyone I have met from TX, OH, HI, FL, CA, CO, AZ, etc are pansies.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm gonna say probably Montana, Texas &...Arizona.  Vermont, NH and Maine might kick some ass too, but obviously not as much since the populations are smaller.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think people are making the mistake of equating lax gun laws and local gun culture with the ability to "inflict damage" on an invading army.  Subconscience delusions of grandeur and machismo.    

It's the gonna be the state with the most complex urban areas and high concentrations of people.  That's probably CA, even with their bolt action rifles and 10 shot handguns.  Although one can say that for Texas too.  In states with large, open areas, the invading army has the advantage.    Anyone living on a farm isn't going to last long.      

So AZ is still good to go

We don't have those silly restrictions, and the last time I drove across town, it was 89 miles from my driveway to the far edge of Goodyear. Soon Phoenix will encompass everything from Springerville  to the east, Prescott in the north, Nogales in the south, and the spot where California was, up until that earthquake.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Son, Please.

The Great State of Texas.

More punch per pound of bull than the entire DU.

(Not to mention, we a bunch of mean SOB's once riled )
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:49:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And the answer is...

You have NO IDEA of the number of armed people here in the Rocky Mountain state, or of the type of horrific topography an enemy would have to deal with as hidden resistors rained a bloody hail of bullets down on them from hidden mountain aireys and from previously quiet forests.

It would be ugly. If the enemy air power was negated by US forces, his armies would suffer grevious casualties assaulting in the foothils alone!  

Oh please Denver and Bolder would fold in 5 min. if the enemy said they brought latté.

Wrong answer, Steve. While Boulder's got its share of hippies and college punks, the surrounding towns (Longmont, Loveland (home of Jensen Arms, that store alone could hold off an army division - you have to see it to believe it!), Superior, and Broomfield, has a very high hunter/redneck contingent.

Well you are right , except for Superior(I lived in Louiseville, complete pussy yuppies and Superior seems at least as bad) as a matter of fact I did not even unpack my heat when I lived in Louiseville !
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I wanted to add something to my comment about appalachia....it's our version of Afganistan...
terrain favors a defender - the land is steep and punishing, but hill people know their land like....the back of their briar-scared hands.  

something else particularly unique about appalachia, the appalachian chain runs from pennsylvania down through Georgia..  thin at the top (PA) and bottom (GA) but thick in KY - the people have sort of been cut off from the rest of the country, and they are a little different, from the language to the way they think.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Well don't be looking to Canada, to much Gun-Control up here. It's getting to point where we can't even yell at criminals anymore, or we'll get charged with harassment. Hell pretty soon we'll be leaving front doors open, so that we don't get sued for liable by the criminals, in case they hurt themselves breaking in.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I vote for Alaska, mostly because everyone I have met from TX, OH, HI, FL, CA, CO, AZ, etc are pansies.

Anyone who lives where the whole friggin state gets covered in snow with any regularity is quite possibly mentally unbalanced, and possibly insane...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#15]
At first I thought Hawaii, because the invading army would have to stage multiple amphibious assualts, plus there are remote areas, cliffs, and jungles for guerilla fighting.  But how many guns do they have?

Then I thought Idaho.  Lots of mountains, be great for guerilla fighting.  Also, lots of guns per capita (not very many people though).  But hey, Larry Craig is their senator and he's on the NRA board.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Anyone who lives where the whole friggin state gets covered in snow with any regularity is quite possibly mentally unbalanced, and possibly insane...

That's what Napoleon and Hitler said too

As for Denver and Boulder, I wasn't counting on them to lift a finger. What I was hoping for was a LOT of collateral damage
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:00:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
TX sure, FL and AZ,--arnt there lots of gun grabin liberals there in FL and AZ lacks people

i'll put MS over FL and AZ

KY, and WV would be up there too i think.....

The east coast of Florida is where all the Liberals live, at least the lower part. We here on the Gulf coast can put up a Texas size fight!

I still think TX will come out far and above all other States though.

We need a poll!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe West Virginia.  ALL MOUNTAINS.  Fairly close to the east coast population centers.  Lots of guns and hillbillies.  I'm sure they have caves too.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Hell we would all put a hell of a fight. Except for the states that border with Mexico. You're being invaded now and can't stop them, much less an actual army.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Ohio could put a hurt'in on any invading force.
Most everyone is well armed and has what it would take to use them, with the exception of some in the large cities.

+1 Ohio doesnt get enough credit, aside from the big cities most have firearms. And the rural areas are fairly well populated for being rural. Although I think texas might still be a tad better because they have a larger population.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TX sure, FL and AZ,--arnt there lots of gun grabin liberals there in FL and AZ lacks people

The east coast of Florida is where all the Liberals live, at least the lower part. We here on the Gulf coast can put up a Texas size fight!

I still think TX will come out far and above all other States though.

We need a poll!

Big Roger on that my Bullets are so powerful I can get 3 kills for each shot...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#22]
i think LA would inflict the most damage. Tell the people of NO that the enemy supply trains are full of plasma TVs and fried chicken.  Once they are in the rear area they would snipe at anything moving. wait i just saw that on the news.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hell we would all put a hell of a fight. Except for the states that border with Mexico. You're being invaded now and can't stop them, much less an actual army.

they aren't "invading" jeez, they are simply migrating here in hopes of a better life. I can't believe all of you insensitive bastards ragging on all these poor undocumented migrant workers. Our country is better from it.

It is sad but this is what our government is telling us
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:11:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

We're waiting for all of them to come up here, then we're going down there and leaving you with the population of mexico and The  Feinstein Clone Army Of  Kalifornia.

Then we build the wall.....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

they aren't "invading" jeez, they are simply migrating here in hopes of a better life. I can't believe all of you insensitive bastards ragging on all these poor undocumented migrant workers. Our country is better from it.

Aren't you being missed at DU?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Gotta defer to the Lone Star State in terms of inflicting serious casualties on the Chinese,,,er  I mean, any hypothetical invader.  I gotta say that despite the reputation, ther are LOTS of AR and AK owners in Dade and Broward counties.  We would put some serious hurt on those Gooks!

Er..I mean Chinks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/icbm/mm3-launch.jpg

I was hoping someone else would see it my way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Alaska.  They'd fucking freeze to death.  

"During the commie scare-era of the Cold War, someone pointed out that Russia was, in fact, a mere twelve miles away from Alaska. This caused panic at first, until someone also pointed out that nobody in his right mind would invade there because it was too fucking cold. Everybody moved on past the commie scare and the Cold War continued to live up to its name."
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi there Stucky! This is Arizona checking in with the fifth fucking largest city in the country.

And once you get away from the city, you get to the towns, where open carry is the norm.

Also home to the plant where the sweet little AH64 D Longbow is made, as well as Dillon Aero.

Just up the road from Boeing is Talley Defense. I can't tell you exactly what they make there, but I can tell you it makes tannerite look like a wet fart.

Sure, we have our problems, but I'd wager that between the Mormons and the Shitkickers, backed up by the countless class 3 junkies could hand out a healthy dose of fucking hurt.

Nobody wants to come here anyhow. In the summer it's a hundred and eleventy billion degrees out with 60% humidity.

What he said.  Our city people are armed to the teeth.  House-to-house fighting is the real bitch in any war.  

We'll tell the Mesa PD the invaders are non-Mormon Mexicans with butter knives... they'll be on them quick
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
TEXAS!!!!!!  just ask mexico
FL. would kick ass also along with AZ.

ca would not know what to do.

ca....    
i feel so sorry for myself.  if i used one of mine to defend myself.. my local authorities would be more busy figuring out what to do w me than the invaders.... !!  and you know they would be  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:37:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Montana, Wyoming, and all those other sparsly populated states with nuclear missles.  Remember that you need to only get close with those weapons.   Truly the type that you aim in the general direction unlike shotguns.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd love to agree with all the people saying Texas and even include my great state of Georgia(can't believe no one from here has chimed in yet).  But the reality is, we are already on the losing end of an invasion(and I'm not talking about yankees moving in) and no one has done shit about it so far.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.fas.org/nuke/guide/usa/icbm/mm3-launch.jpg

Quoted:
Ask Napolean and Hitler what destroyed them in Russia, the Russians or the Russian Winter.

We could kill 90% of any invading force without a shot being fired.  There are maybe 5 MSRs that we could cut off with no problems and a small amount of C-4.
Then let the invaders freeze to death.
Give me 200 Alaskans and one Alaskan winter and it would be a done deal.
also, for # of weapons per capita, nobody touches Alaska (Anchorage would fall pretty fast, but they are mostly pussies)
They would never make it past the brooks range.

North Dakota gets just as cold and we have nukes.  You do not want a half-million nuclear-armed Scandinavians and Indians pissed off at you.

You want hot dish?  We've got your hot dish!!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Montanna - Free men there.   or perhaps Waco Texas.  The invaders would of course be Nazi or KBG chapters operating as government agents "protecting the people" while shooting, firebombing or killing mothers holding babies.

The only invasion this country will suffer is by our own government as it gives a wink and a nod to mexicans (I truely DO like Mexicans) as they cross the borders we refuse to close.  And the invasion of a police State in the name of 'homeland security'.

Homeland security Should BE a 12 guage pump shotgun.   NOT the KGB mascarading in ATF, FBI, HS or other govt provided uniforms while they tramble on the constitution.   NO, I am NOT a right wing extremist, just pointing out that GOVT can use it's unlimited power very unwisely and unjustly.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Well, AZ, NM, CA, TX ain't doing too hot against the current invasion.

My vote? Tennessee.  The Volunteer State.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:56:44 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Gotta defer to the Lone Star State in terms of inflicting serious casualties on the Chinese,,,er  I mean, any hypothetical invader.  I gotta say that despite the reputation, ther are LOTS of AR and AK owners in Dade and Broward counties.  We would put some serious hurt on those Gooks!
Er..I mean Chinks.

Soooo politically incorrect.  Good.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I haven't read the thread except the first page, but Im going to go ahead and vote KENTUCKY!!

One of the most gun-friendly states in this union. If they even thought of venturing more than 10 miles outside of Louisville or Lexington, they'd never stand a chance.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Why invade? You could gain control of the country's primary politicians, resources, monetary institutions, immigration policies, and media then just move in all legal like.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Texas, unless they happen to get to KY during Knob Creek..

I doubt any of those fat bastards could carry a rifle much less run with a LBV on.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#42]
much as i love my home state, most of texas is perfect tank country, which is not good terrain for guerrilla fighting.  i'd have to vote for the more mountainous states, especially in the appalachians.  colorado has too many liberals, and montana has too few humans.  i suspect that virginia and the carolinas have the combination of good terrain and enough population density to put a hurt on a combined-arms invader.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I think NH would be very tough to invade, for one thing, any invading army would have to get through our toll booth, would get backed up for miles and soon fall prey to our latest mosquito borne WMD, Eastern Equine Encephalitis.

Those that don't fall ill will soon realize there is nothing in NH worth fighting over, retreat into Massachusetts, hopefully engaging in rape, pillage and murder on an unprecedented scale.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I think NH would be very tough to invade, for one thing, any invading army would have to get through our toll booth, would get backed up for miles and soon fall prey to our latest mosquito borne WMD, Eastern Equine Encephalitis.

Those that don't fall ill will soon realize there is nothing in NH worth fighting over, retreat into Massachusetts, hopefully engaging in rape, pillage and murder on an unprecedented scale.

Not to mention having to stop at the State Liquor Store on I93
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
TX

I dont think any civilians could stop an invading army with small arms alone. Cause alot or trouble and kill alot of soldiers but not stop them.

Ask the soviets about how that worked out in Afghanistan/Chechnya
Ask our own army about how that worked out in Vietnam
Ask the Brits how that worked out in America
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Aren't you being missed at DU?

you... uh... forget to read the bottom of my post there buddy? It isn't only the democrats either, our own republican senator is teaming with Ted Kennedy to try and legalize them. But I'm sorry, you obviously have a better idea on what we are being told in AZ by our governor/senators from over there in Missouri
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
And the answer is...

Oh please Denver and Boulder would fold in 5 min. if the enemy said they brought latté.

You think you're tough for eating beans every day? The scarecrows in Denver would give anything for a taste of what you got. They've been under siege for about three months. They live on rats and on sawdust and sometimes... on each other. At night, the pyres for the dead light up the sky. It's medieval.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#48]
The Great State of Alaska would just freeze them damn people to death, and thos that survived would simply be eaten by the bears and wolfs.  

This is an easy one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#49]
I've read all four pages of this thread so far and the one thing I've noticed is, it don't matter where an invading army lands, this country is still full of proud Partriots who would quickly show any invader the folly of their mistake

Sure we would have to sacrifice a state or two (Kalifornia comes to mind) and a few libtard cities, but by and large any invaders would pay a very heavy price for their foolishness!!!

And to those who say that AZ can't even handle the current 'invasion' keep one thought in mind, so far the goobermint has our hands tied, in the case of an all out enemy military invasion all bets would be off!!!......
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#50]
ya the british didnt have tanks,planes or choppers when we fought them ether. As for ND we all know the germans can fight but the damn swedes probably cant figure out how to load a gun.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top