Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Wroight man for the job.  Wot jawb?  Well, nominating a conservative justice to the Supremes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He fraud me, make sure he make a great deal with me an then he sure that he brings out the hammer and saw of dead to dead me. Beware now of the Clique Mob and the Governor of my state who is his good frien and is outside my door!

Bartender... Another drink for this fine Virginian.

DanM
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Lesser of two evils
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How has Bush been a disappointment?
Buncha closet dems here, I see.

Anyone tell you we don't like closet types here.

9/11
national debt
trade deficit
border security
criminal aliens
Rx drug coverage
Poor performance of FEMA

I might even throw in Iraq but I am witholding judgment for now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I wake up everyday waiting for Bush to act like a conservative.

With open borders, not fighting a war to win it, spending more and more money, etc. ,I wonder if the

pandering to the Dems. can get any worse.

Like every other politician, the get in and freeze up just trying not to make anyone uncomfortable.

Next election I'll watch forums like this one for insight and opinions, but I don't expect much from any

Democrat or Republican.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Cause he has balls!

I like balls....
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anybody but Kerry

Bush has been an utter disappointment

+1

Yeah real good job with the borders and Vicente Fox. President Bush said he would sign a renewal of the AWB, correct ? I hate democrats and liberals with a passion but he has been a dude dud. Wait and see how much love he gets around here when Gonzales gets the nod for SCOTUS

Exactly. I've been saying the same thing around here but the "Bush is God" bunch just goes crazy when you criticize Bush. Gonzales would be about as bad as Ginsburg AFAIC and I think she's a total moonbat.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Cause he has balls!

I like balls....

...bouncing on your chin.
J/K
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Cause he has balls!

I like balls....

...bouncing on your chin.

You just made me spit Captain Morgans on my monitor, you owe me both a drink and a new Sony
J/K

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Your history is lacking. FOPA was a MASSIVE help to gun owners. The fact that someone tossed in an administrative closure of the tax payment system for MGs was a small part of it. I wish it wasn't there, but it failing to sign it because of that poision pill would have meant no repeals of certain components of the '68 GCA. Do you enjoy military surplus ammo? Do you enjoy military surplus guns? Do you enjoy protection from local anti gun laws while traveling? Or would you rather by .223 at your local guns store for $1 a round, with them required to log your purchase?

You do know Reagan supported the Brady bill and pushed for it, right?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Buncha closet dems here, I see.

Bush has been a HUGE disappointment in his second term....what flavor kool-aid are you drinking?

There's no "closet dems"...we call em like we see em.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#12]

9/11
national debt
trade deficit
border security
criminal aliens
Rx drug coverage
Poor performance of FEMA

1. How so? You blame Bush for 9/11 while ignoring that bastard Ckinton who had 8 years to do something and didn't?
2. What do you expect with a global war going on? You think things were all peaches and cream and balanced budgets in WW2?
3. I'll give you that. You think anyone else would do any better?
4. Repeating yourself?
5. Explain.
6. FEMA response was no slower than any other disaster. That is a fact. The Dems were just using this to score points, cover local officials ass, and you bought it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Bush has been a HUGE disappointment in his second term....what flavor kool-aid are you drinking?

You wanna expand on that or can you not? Sounds like the one drinking the koolaid is you. Any more talking points that you've been fed that you wanna spew?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Gonzales would be about as bad as Ginsburg AFAIC and I think she's a total moonbat.

You got some kind of funky headdress on and sacrificing a chicken to tell the future? I wasn't aware Gonzales was nominated or is that more of the moonbat talking points?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

You wanna expand on that or can you not? Sounds like the one drinking the koolaid is you. Any more talking points that you've been fed that you wanna spew?

Sure, as far as YOUR list of talking points, those are all basic and elementary as far as politics are concerned.....those are dime a dozen arguments against any liberal fool walking along the street.

The reason I feel President Bush has let us down is mainly in the border situation, not to mention that he has brought new life to "the Clintons" by allowing them back where they don't deserve to be.

Can you honestly say....hughjafi....that you are 100%...totally satisfied with our commander in chief?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I wake up everyday waiting for Bush to act like a conservative.

With open borders, not fighting a war to win it, spending more and more money, etc. ,I wonder if the

pandering to the Dems. can get any worse.

Like every other politician, the get in and freeze up just trying not to make anyone uncomfortable.

Next election I'll watch forums like this one for insight and opinions, but I don't expect much from any

Democrat or Republican.

Open borders my ass.  Come to Texas to see how "open" the borders are.  Or are you bitching because Cubans who wash up alive on Florida shores are granted asylum?

Yesterday I was stopped by the USBP for a check.  Nothing wrong, just stopping ALL vehicles on US 90 just outside of Bracketville.   Most friendly encounter with any LEO.  For every other LEO I saw, I saw 10 USBP officers.  Flatbed trucks full of brand new vehicles.  USBP helicopters being serviced at every FBO i visited.  Ronnie Milsap can find a USBP officer.  Even Piccilo (without the SEC) could find an officer on the Texas border.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I voted for Bush to piss off fat ass m moore...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Blah blah blah, not really saying anything

Like it or not, Clinton is an ex-president and will be a world figure.
It is smarter to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Very smart if you ask me.
It's also smart to get the illegals voting republican rather than dem since they will be here whether we close the border or not.

Can you honestly say....hughjafi....that you are 100%...totally satisfied with our commander in chief?

About 98% and that's far better than any President in my voting history, hell since the 50's.

BTW, I voted for Bush's father in my first election. He screwed me on gun rights as well.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Why?  Because the 1994 Clintoon evil-looking firearm ban DIED.  Because firearm manufacturers and dealers got the protection they needed.  Because no new gun ban legislation has made it to his desk and changing the President would energize the left.

And for all bitching about the border, when was the last time you visited a border area?  For me, it was YESTERDAY.  And yes, I was stopped.  TWICE.  A blonde-haired guy with USCF, NRA nad TSRA stickers on the back of the car.  Bicycle on top  (1911 inside).  And why was I stopped?  Because ALL vehicles on US 90 are stopped.  US 90 DOESN'T cross the border.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, as far as YOUR list of talking points, those are all basic and elementary as far as politics are concerned.....those are dime a dozen arguments against any liberal fool walking along the street.

The reason I feel President Bush has let us down is mainly in the border situation, not to mention that he has brought new life to "the Clintons" by allowing them back where they don't deserve to be.

When was the last time you visited a border area?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Reagan: now there was a republican whose economic policies reflected his political view.

Many "liberal" economists (which mean "conservative/republican" in America) are very dissapointed with Bush's fiscal decisions to say the least... Even fox news ran an article about Republicans being quote "Drunk with power" with no democrats to stop them from blowing away money WHILE WE ARE AT WAR!

PS: The reason they can do that is because the war on terror is being financed by debt. MY generation will pay for it, with blood and with money. I'm thankful for the sacrifice my peers make in blood. But with the money, it's just like a credit card... "debt money" is still money and you can't just blow it away because it'll come back to hit you... right when China/India and other countries are starting gain economic steam.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I am not going to read this thread... Not gonna do it...

Thousand points of light...

that is all
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#23]
disagree with bush on some things and agree with kerry on nothing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#24]

PS: The reason they can do that is because the war on terror is being financed by debt. MY generation will pay for it, with blood and with money. I'm thankful for the sacrifice my peers make in blood. But with the money, it's just like a credit card... "debt money" is still money and you can't just blow it away because it'll come back to hit you... right when China/India and other countries are starting gain economic steam.

Same as any war. WW2 was much more costly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:40:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Hate to break it to the naysayers here but the tax cuts have been more than offset by the increased economy meaning revenue has NOT suffered.  It is Ronnie all over again whem you look at the bottom line.

Now if we can get spending under control...but without line item veto, pork-infested legislation makes its way though meaning 50 Alaskans get a new bridge at the cost of some 19 MILLION dollars EACH!  YIKES, $941 MILLION DOLLARS FOR 50 PEOPLE?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#26]
The President is doing as Theodore Roosevelt said with regards to illegal immigration.  Doubt me?  Try visiting a border area.

I know, the naysayers here live FAR from the border....
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I Just say on TV Kerry may run again if he can. Which would be very good for the Republicans. Thats retarted that kerrys even thinking about it. Hillary is looking like shell go for it too. Too terrible canidates if you ask me. I hope the republicans come up with someone to kick ass
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I Just say on TV Kerry may run again if he can. Which would be very good for the Republicans. Thats retarted that kerrys even thinking about it. Hillary is looking like shell go for it too. Too terrible canidates if you ask me. I hope the republicans come up with someone to kick ass

Maybe it'll be a Clinton/Kerry ticket?  Patty
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe it'll be a Clinton/Kerry ticket?  Patty

Thats even worse haha. Who do the republicans got?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Supreme Court Justices.

That was the biggest reason.

I couldn't imagine what hell spawn Kerry would put in there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Supreme Court Justices.

a big plus 1.  The reason I voted for Bush is because I knew he has the same priorities as I do.  As much as I loved his father I never liked him as a politician.  Way too moderate.  GW is what his father isn't.  He draws a line in the sand and will not let anyone or thing cross it.

Patty
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Same as any war. WW2 was much more costly.

Ahhh...my bad,  there might be more "likeness"  between us than you're willing to except with all of that Kool-Aid you've been deepthroating

You've got to at least think about my position right?

He's no Reagan,.....I still love 'em but, he's let me down.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#33]
The line-Item veto is blatantly unconstitutional and I don't want Bush or any other President to have that kind of power.

The answer to pork barrel legislation is not giving the Executive legislative powers.  The answer is holding the legislature accountable.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Supreme Court Justices.

a big plus 1.  The reason I voted for Bush is because I knew he has the same priorities as I do.  As much as I loved his father I never liked him as a politician.  Way too moderate.  GW is what his father isn't.  He draws a line in the sand and will not let anyone or thing cross it.

Patty

Finally voices of reason and from Oregon???  Damn, I guess my plans for pushing the left coast into the Pacific have to be modified...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The line-Item veto is blatantly unconstitutional and I don't want Bush or any other President to have that kind of power.

The answer to pork barrel legislation is not giving the Executive legislative powers.  The answer is holding the legislature accountable.

You cannot hold individuals accountable on a national basis.  All politics are local.

While implementation of line item veto is de facto legislation in the executive branch, the threat of line item veto is more than enough to prevent the incessant tacking of riders onto every spending bill.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:50:00 AM EDT
[#36]
I voted for President Bush for several reasons, but the most compelling was and is that he is a good man who believes what he says and says what he believes.  I don't agree with all of his positions, but at least I know he honestly believes in them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:00:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Anybody but Kerry.George isn't very impressive as  a man, but anybody but Kerry.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:54:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Less screwed up than Gore or Kerry.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:00:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Because I am a Repulican I vote for Repulicans, hows that for logic?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:00:50 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Condoms for the congo
Rx drug welfare for seniors
Amnesty proposals for illegals
Vocal support of AWB (I know, he was lying when he said he supported it.  Is it a good thing when the president lies?)
Appointed Gonzalez to AG, a man who thinks illegal immigrants are "otherwise law abiding" and "citizens."
Failure to secure the border.
Failure to bitch slap OPEC.
Failure to punish the Saudis for the cole bombing and 9/11.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:29:43 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Condoms for the congo

Who cares?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:31:34 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Here's my sole reason:

Beyond that, I held no hope for Bush.

Pretty much same for me.

I had fairly low expectations for Bush.

Anything I agreed with Bush doing would be gravy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I didn't vote for Bush as much as I voted against Kerry.

If its a choice between McCain and Clinton in 2008... I'll probably vote Badnarik.

Then you may as well vote for Clinton. Thanks for supporting the second ammendment and low taxes......

You think McCain is for guns and lower taxes?

Wake up, dude. Put down the Cool-aid.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#44]
I think Bush is a GOOD guy, he was running against John Kerry in a two man race, he was running a platform to keep fighting the war on terror.

Keep in mind I completely disagree with a lot of the things that Bush has done but can you bashers imagine what it would be with John Kerry as president???  Hopefully the next time around we will be able to field a stronger conservative/libertarian minded canditate who will do a better job of stoping government spending while continueing to fight Islamic terrorists.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:51:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Keep in mind I completely disagree with a lot of the things that Bush has done but can you bashers imagine what it would be with John Kerry as president???.

They wouldn't mind.

They'd still have something to biotch about, which is all they really want out of life.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:55:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Because I absolutely, positively, REFUSE to EVER vote for a democrat. Period.

Bush is great in some areas, and less than great in others. His worst is still light-years better than any dem's best.

Let the "lesser of two evils" bullshit fly. We make "lesser of two evil" decisions every damned day. It's called living in reality. Deal with it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:56:36 AM EDT
[#47]
He was the better of the two choices. AND there were only two choices.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Keep in mind I completely disagree with a lot of the things that Bush has done but can you bashers imagine what it would be with John Kerry as president???.

They wouldn't mind.

They'd still have something to biotch about, which is all they really want out of life.

Certainly seems that way, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:19:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Let the "lesser of two evils" bullshit fly. We make "lesser of two evil" decisions every damned day. It's called living in reality. Deal with it.

Yup.

If America had to choose between voting for garandman, or John Kerry, choosing garandman would STILL be the lesser of two evils.

All we are really talking about is a matter of degrees.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:23:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Supreme Court Justices.

Patty

Finally voices of reason and from Oregon???  Damn, I guess my plans for pushing the left coast into the Pacific have to be modified...

I wish there were more of 'mes' here in Oregon.  If we could just push Portland up into Washington!

Patty
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top