Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2001 10:03:03 AM EDT
I just recieved this email from a Mr. philemon land,(lower case on name just like in email), and he is the Eastern District Bank manager of United Bank For Africa PLC.(UBA)

All I have to do is contact him and give him my bank account number so he can transfer 26 million US dollars into it. I will get to keep 20% just for letting him do this! Out of the blue I get to be a millionaire!  Who wants to be me, I ask you! The luckiest man that ever sh!t between two shoes!

The letter is riddeled with misspelled words and grammatical errors. I guess you don't have to be perfect to be Eastern District Manager in Africa.

I know this is a con so save your warnings, friends. My question to you, my peers, is what should I do about it? Should I contact some kind of legal authority? SEC, IRS, Postal Inspector, dog catcher? If nothing else I will call the number provided and yank this guy's chain like some gullible punkin roller.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Tell him that transactions of this nature are best done in person. I'll go with ya if he agrees to meet ya.(Ya Right)
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/index.htm?financial_crimes.htm&1[/url]

There is widespread fraud being committed in the U.S. by organized African criminals.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Good thing we're all good people here.  It would suck for these guys to get ahold of the checking account number from the check posted from that deadbeat Moreland in the LEGP forum. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a variation on a scam that has been going on for years.
If you wanted to report it to someone call the DOJ and they will point you in the direction of the department that handles this kind of fraud.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]

The letter is riddeled with misspelled words and grammatical errors. I guess you don't have to be perfect to be Eastern District Manager in Africa.
View Quote

There's some type of an export ban on Microsoft Word, so he must be using WordPerfect. [:D]

You could create a new account and give this to him.  Without proper approval he can't remove money from the account, just make a deposit of $26 million dollars.  And when he does, take the $26M and run!
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anybody know Rosie O'Donut's bank account number?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top