Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2001 9:11:49 AM EDT
For some reason, I thought of this western I saw
when I was about 7 years old. I have no idea who's in it, but I do remember a few things:

It was from the 1970's

The hero was probably in his late teens to twenties

He shot golden bullets (maybe not all bullets were golden, but some were)

He was taught by some sort of mentor to be a gunfighter

There may have a scene where he shot six poker chips as they were tossed into the air in a saloon.

I believe in the end he rescues the girl from a cave, which is about to be dynamited.

This may have been a TV movie - I know it was during the 70's because we moved in 1980 and I saw this at our old house.

Any leads at all are appreciated.  So far the IMDB hasn't helped.

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Nickel plated (or chrome) six-shooters? Did the good guy wear white?  I remember a movie with the chip scene you mentioned.  The good guy had a seven-shot revolver.  In the saloon scene someone threw seven chips, but he shot only six not wanting to reveal his identity.  I think the character's name was Jim Hammer.

Eddie
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe you're right about chrome/nickel revolvers. And I also thought he had a 7 shot revolver, but I was worried I got the movie confused with 'the villian', where arnold schwarzenegger had '7 shot 6 shooters'

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top