Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2001 8:05:29 AM EDT
Hello,
i found a Hesse in a shop and can make a deal on it , my questions are they worth a crap ?? its a 308 that takes fal mags. the fit and finish was pretty good also , but i know nothing about them so should i pass or make the deal . here is a link to the rifle .its the target rifle model
Thanks to all that reply

TargetShooter2
http://www.hessearms.com/con1-40.htm
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you can get a real sweet deal,you might want to think twice. The FAL mags reportedly have to be modified in the Hesse. Everything I`ve read indicates once so modified, the mags no longer work in FAL clones. This would violate ATF rules on mag modifications. Armalite`s web site should have more info on this topic as well as the AR-10 forum here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Hesse = crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, and oh yeah, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, and if I remember correctly, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.

Oh, and they suck pretty bad too.  Anything over $.50 is too much for a Hesse anything.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Unless you can get a real sweet deal,you might want to think twice. The FAL mags reportedly have to be modified in the Hesse. Everything I`ve read indicates once so modified, the mags no longer work in FAL clones. This would violate ATF rules on mag modifications.
View Quote

The mags don't have to WORK in the original gun, they simply have to be able to FIT in the original magwell.  AR10 mags won't WORK in M14s, but they FIT in the magwell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top