Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I would like to present an article on black confederates...enjoy.

There were Black Confederate soldiers. This is a fact, not fiction. Conservative estimates state that over 50,000 African-Confederates served in the Confederate Army. Many of these men saw combat and participated in it. Some died.

Although the Confederate Congress did not authorize Colored Units in the Confederate Army until 1865, when it was too late, there were many unofficial soldiers overlooked by officers who were desperate to fill the ranks so quickly dwindling. Also, many individual Southern states authorized colored militia units. For example, Alabama in 1862.

Some would ask, "Why would they serve; why would they fight?" They served and fought for the same reasons as their white counterparts. They felt that the South was their home, too. Whether slave or free, each had a stake in the society and each had a home they felt endeared to. For example, many Charleston negroes actually cheered at the possibility that they would be able to shoot Yankees shortly after the outbreak of War. (1)

African-Confederates not only offered their services as soldiers but also as laborers. Many colored communities took up collections for the Confederate War Effort. Even individual negroes, both free and slave, contributed their money for the Confederate Government.

The African-Confederate went to War for the South as body servants, teamsters, laborers, and even soldiers. Many saw action. Some were wounded and some were killed in defense of the South. Most were loyal and cared for their master with whom they went to war. Many cases tell of a body servant removing a wounded soldier to the surgeon or taking the body of a fallen soldier home for proper burial.

Their efforts remain largely forgotten as it does not fit into the well defined roles of the different races. It also causes the mold of the North as liberator and the South as an enslaver to crack just a little.

www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Bunker/1163/black.html

Umm, first off if their is one thing Slaves were it was ignorant. They probably did'nt even realise the Emancipation proclamation had been passed. Second they served with the promise of freedom The union black troops did'nt have to fight for that, they were already free. Even the words you used quoted were telling,  "Master" and "servant", "colored" and "negro" I mean during WWII the Nazis actually employed Jews to seek out and capture other jews with the promise of better treatment and not ending up in an oven, They were called "jew catchers". The Nazis loved to see Jews fight amongst themselves, It proved they were sub-human. But guess what? I don't think they deserve a medal or plaque or a war pension from Germany!!  And lastly how about the fact that once union troops entered Confederate territory the whole Black population tried in any way they could to help. From feeding Soldiers to acting as scouts and telling the army the layout of the land for marching purposes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
God bless the Confederacy
www.wordsmythe.com/images/Confederate%20Navy%20Jack.jpg

I don't know about that.
BUT
The guy is a dumbass - the founding fathers would tar and feather them all if they came back and found the birthplace of the revolution in the state it is today.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:03:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:05:38 AM EDT
[#7]
This guy is bitter as hell.  Good!  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#8]
yep, a little bitter

i'm betting a pair of wranglers and a southern accent gets his girlfriend all wet........................
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll be thinking about you this winter while you are freezing your ass off cause there isn't any heating oil.

rk
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:28:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hell at least I have had biscuits and gravy.

Damn yankees.

But no good pizza or wings (and no, the little pidgeon parts at Jillians do not count as "chicken wings")

Wings are overrated. I prefer meat to picking at bones.

Agreed on pizza though. No contest.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#11]
yep...that boy sure is a rude one...

see sig line.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Southern by the Grace of God, f*** the DU'rs
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#13]
That person was angry about something, but I couldn't make out what it was though.

GM
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Right back at him...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
don't know who wrote it, came across it at DU, if it's a dupe, I apoligize....but somebody pissed in this authors cornflakes.

Fuck the South. Fuck 'em. We should have let them go when they wanted to leave. But no, we had to kill half a million people so they'd stay part of our special Union. Fighting for the right to keep slaves - yeah, those are states we want to keep.

And now what do we get? We're the fucking Arrogant Northeast Liberal Elite? How about this for arrogant: the South is the Real America? The Authentic America. Really?

Cause we fucking founded this country, assholes. Those Founding Fathers you keep going on and on about? All that bullshit about what you think they meant by the Second Amendment giving you the right to keep your assault weapons in the glove compartment because you didn't bother to read the first half of the fucking sentence? Who do you think those wig-wearing lacy-shirt sporting revolutionaries were? They were fucking blue-staters, dickhead. Boston? Philadelphia? New York? Hello? Think there might be a reason all the fucking monuments are up here in our backyard?

No, No. Get the fuck out. We're not letting you visit the Liberty Bell and fucking Plymouth Rock anymore until you get over your real American selves and start respecting those other nine amendments. Who do you think those fucking stripes on the flag are for? Nine are for fucking blue states. And it would be 10 if those Vermonters had gotten their fucking Subarus together and broken off from New York a little earlier. Get it? We started this shit, so don't get all uppity about how real you are you Johnny-come-lately "Oooooh I've been a state for almost a hundred years" dickheads. Fuck off.

Arrogant? You wanna talk about us Northeasterners being fucking arrogant? What's more American than arrogance? Hmmm? Maybe horsies? I don't think so. Arrogance is the fucking cornerstone of what it means to be American. And I wouldn't be so fucking arrogant if I wasn't paying for your fucking bridges, bitch.

All those Federal taxes you love to hate? It all comes from us and goes to you, so shut up and enjoy your fucking Tennessee Valley Authority electricity and your fancy highways that we paid for. And the next time Florida gets hit by a hurricane you can come crying to us if you want to, but you're the ones who built on a fucking swamp. "Let the Spanish keep it, it’s a shithole," we said, but you had to have your fucking orange juice.

The next dickwad who says, "It’s your money, not the government's money" is gonna get their ass kicked. Nine of the ten states that get the most federal fucking dollars and pay the least... can you guess? Go on, guess. That’s right, motherfucker, they're red states. And eight of the ten states that receive the least and pay the most? It’s too easy, asshole, they’re blue states. It’s not your money, assholes, it’s fucking our money. What was that Real American Value you were spouting a minute ago? Self reliance? Try this for self reliance: buy your own fucking stop signs, assholes.

Let’s talk about those values for a fucking minute. You and your Southern values can bite my ass because the blue states got the values over you fucking Real Americans every day of the goddamn week. Which state do you think has the lowest divorce rate you marriage-hyping dickwads? Well? Can you guess? It’s fucking Massachusetts, the fucking center of the gay marriage universe. Yes, that’s right, the state you love to tie around the neck of anyone to the left of Strom Thurmond has the lowest divorce rate in the fucking nation. Think that’s just some aberration? How about this: 9 of the 10 lowest divorce rates are fucking blue states, asshole, and most are in the Northeast, where our values suck so bad. And where are the highest divorce rates? Care to fucking guess? 10 of the top 10 are fucking red-ass we're-so-fucking-moral states. And while Nevada is the worst, the Bible Belt is doing its fucking part.

But two guys making out is going to fucking ruin marriage for you? Yeah? Seems like you're ruining it pretty well on your own, you little bastards. Oh, but that's ok because you go to church, right? I mean you do, right? Cause we fucking get to hear about it every goddamn year at election time. Yes, we're fascinated by how you get up every Sunday morning and sing, and then you're fucking towers of moral superiority. Yeah, that's a workable formula. Maybe us fucking Northerners don't talk about religion as much as you because we're not so busy sinning, hmmm? Ever think of that, you self-righteous assholes? No, you're too busy erecting giant stone tablets of the Ten Commandments in buildings paid for by the fucking Northeast Liberal Elite. And who has the highest murder rates in the nation? It ain't us up here in the North, assholes.

Well this gravy train is fucking over. Take your liberal-bashing, federal-tax-leaching, confederate-flag-waving, holier-than-thou, hypocritical bullshit and shove it up your ass.

And no, you can't have your fucking convention in New York next time. Fuck off.

And they think they can "win the south"........fuckin idiots.

COME ON CIVIL WAR 2!!!!

GR
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
And who has the highest murder rates in the nation? It ain't us up here in the North, assholes.

And they think they can "win the south"........f'n idiots.

I don't believe the idiot knows his ass from the one he is sniffing.

www.bestplaces.net/docs/studies/crime3.aspx

You have to go way down the Top 100 to get to a city in the South.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever if you knuclkeheads want to waste your time and rot your brain reading the drivel over there at DU, (your only hurting your ownself), that said however; IMO we should ban folks that consistently drag this BS over here and post it as if it's news-worthy.

Mike

Mr Wilson....you think I should be banned for this?

are you serious?

ever heard the saying "keep your enemies close"?

arrogant?

The saying is "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!"

Although if you keep company with vile degenerates you will begin to do the same thing.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Despite all their hatred of the South, they certainly don't seem to mind moving here...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Hang on, let me see if I give a shit...
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh Yeah well why is everybody moving the fuck outta up North????
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Morons like him/her are why Massachusetts is the only state to have a population loss in 2004. Liberals don't tolerant anyone whose beliefs don't mirror there own.  So normal people are leaving them to their misery, and moving out of state.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Damn yankees.

+1 million  I loves me some biscuits and gravy.  At school they serve it all day long in one of the mess halls.

Grits too :)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
- Civil war was over states rights...not slavery.

I still don't buy that one. If there wasn't slavery, we wouldn't have had the war.

Of course, the Federal Gov should have just outlawed it, bought the slaves, and gone home. Would have been cheaper in money and lives.

I thought the war started because the south was being taxed and tariffed to the point it was cheaper to buy goods overseas. Slavery wasn't much of an issue until Lincoln was running for re-election and needed a new political platform to stay in office and galvanize the north into continued support for the war.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#26]
The founding fathers would walk into a starbucks in any of the major blue cities and proceed to kick everyone fucking ass.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever if you knuclkeheads want to waste your time and rot your brain reading the drivel over there at DU, (your only hurting your ownself), that said however; IMO we should ban folks that consistently drag this BS over here and post it as if it's news-worthy.

Mike

i kinda feel the same way

there is no substance over at DU, we know how they think, nothing will surprise me, its comedic
i dont care anymore what is posted there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#28]
God I love reading the works of Master Trolls.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'd bet Virginia, a southern state, could match -- pound for pound -- "all the fucking monuments" from Masshole.

In fact, I believe Virginia is called the Land of the Presidents, or some such.

George Washington, James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, William Harrison, John Tyler, Zachary Taylor, Woodrow Wilson might have a thing or two to correct this dipshit on.

Not to mention non-presidents like George Mason, Patrick Henry, George Wythe, etc.......

What a fuckstain that guy must be....

that kinda jumped out at me right off the bat, too...
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Anyone who cannot articulate their position without using 'fuck', 'fucking', 'fucker', 'fuckity fuck fuck fuck' every fourth word, is far too emotionally dwarfed and conversationally illiterate for anything deeper than a Woody Woodpecker cartoon.

+1.  I got bored after the 20th F-Bomb or so.  So much for that good old Northern edumacation.

John Kerry.... is that you?

Everytime I hear one of those winey little terds make comments like that I think to myself that they'd (Blue States) be no better off than Ethiopian (or NOLA) refugees if it were not for the 'fly-over', red states' food supply.

Keep it up, that mentality will keep Republicans in power for generations to come.

ETA:  No offense to Aimless and the other good folks trapped behind enemy lines.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Glad I know I am part of the special breed who can piss of liberals just by being.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
nice language.

No kidding.... I quit reading half way through because all the foul language destroyed any minute bit of credability that the author might have scored.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't call myself a southerner I call myself an American who was lucky enough to be a Virginian.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#37]
If the north is so great why the fuck are there so many damn yankees down here?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Proud to be  Southern born.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If the north is so great why the fuck are there so many damn yankees down here?

+1 The North has taxed and regulated themselves into oblivion.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't lock Nephilim's thread...lock up Nephilim.....what a complete loser!
There are some mighty fine young men from the south who serve this nation....I few I know of have given their lives in Iraq.  The south stood for states rights....slavery was a by-product.  It was in the south that my grandfather taught me to love and respect this country....and the men and principles that founded it.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Damn yankees.

You mean it's two words?!?!?! All this time, I thought it was "damnyankees".

I've met a few good yankees and a whole lotta' good southerners. (The author of this post doesn't sound like one of the good yankees.)
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Should try Krispy Kreme donuts in Hotlanta. Dunkin Donuts can't compete.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
There are some mighty fine young men from the south who serve this nation....I few I know of have given their lives in Iraq.  The south stood for states rights....slavery was a by-product.  It was in the south that my grandfather taught me to love and respect this country....and the men and principles that founded it.  

Well said.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Why am I a loser?   I didn't write that.....go back and re-read the whole post slick.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I can't believe this has already made it to page 4.  And I didn't even read pages 2 and 3.

SM
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:54:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why am I a loser?   I didn't write that.....go back and re-read the whole post slick.

I know. I was wondering why they were slamming you and not the DU author!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Wow, Nevada has the highest divorce rates. Who would have guessed, I suppose this retard never took into consideration the fact that people fly INTO Nevada to get married AND divorced. I am confident that Nevada also has the highest marriage rate in the US too. As for the founding fathers being from the Northeast, weren't quite a few from England? My family has been in America since the 1600s (I'd like to hear that whiney bitch be able to say that), my parents grew up in the northeast and moved to the southwest because the northeast sucks that bad
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Wow.... this guy doesn't have a clue. He is the same type of d-bag who was sitting in downtown London 250 years ago talking about how retarded the British Colonists were. And as for this...

The next dickwad who says, "It’s your money, not the government's money" is gonna get their ass kicked.
I'd like to see him try to make good on his threat with this Southerner.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Aside from his retarded and wrong rant against the second amendment I loved his letter.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#50]
my assault weapon doesnt fit in my glove compartment (box for us southern folk) but kimber sure does...those fore fathers he claims we bitch about started this "shit" with the intentions of escaping government tyranny and interference in their daily lives..the tradition and spirit the fore fathers and 1st american patriots strived so hard for to secure surely has escaped the blue states of today..the tradition and torch has been passed to the south, and has remained in her hands for quite some time..please "cut us loose"...free us from your constant whining, socialist views, and problems...you can have your government handouts, government "protection", government "restraint"...in the south we take care of our own..and we prosper on our own..life sure may seem slow down here..but we southerners sure as hell arent..so go ahead, pronounce your alliegence to God and canada...or better yet just canada...since your precious 9th circus of appeals kinda ruled that important God part out..we dont need you..feel free to leave at anytime...and like a fellow arfcommer said before concerning this very subject..please release smith & wesson and colt (and i have to add kimber) to where they rightfully belong   [><]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top