Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2001 11:46:31 PM EDT
I wonder if I am the only one that does this.  

I stay up very late(4-5am) alone doing work and what not.  I also live on a very busy street in a large city.  Hence, whenever I am up late I always have a pistol with me next to the computer.  I do this mainly because there are lots of people always walking around late around here and in case I have to take a walk outside myself.  And being on a major street I usually see lots of drunks and rowdy types driving around, on more then a few occasions I have had people come right up to my window asking for info....they usualy leave rather quickly....[pistol]....LOL.

Am I the only one that does this?????

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I keep my SA TRP in the top drawer of my desk, but I never have anyone walk up to my window (my room is on the 2nd floor [:)]).

If that was the case, I would make sure they knew they weren't welcome, BUT I wouldn't flash my weapon, or allow it to be seen.

They might just store this info for future reference, in case they ever need a gun, or want to sell one.  Since your residence is visible from the street, they could watch you to see when you are gone....
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, you should move.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Am I the only one that does this?????
View Quote

I'm happy that I don't have to. But I had two handguns (a Hi-Cap 45 and a Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt) readily available when I lived in a groundfloor one-room apartment in Phoenix.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have had people come right up to my window asking for info....sgtar15
View Quote

BTW, do you live in a McDonald's drive thru window???[:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a loaded Mak in the drawer undernath the keyboard I'm typing on.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If that was the case, I would make sure they knew they weren't welcome, BUT I wouldn't flash my weapon, or allow it to be seen.

Actually it was only once that a person saw the pistol, and that was entirely by mistake, she saw it on the desk after she came to the window...scared the crap out of her.

Usually they I just tell them to F-off, then I go outside to look around.

I would move, but the rent is cheap and I am currently disabled.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm doing the same as we speak..
Since I don't live in a federal Building or a Post Office or a court house etc....I might as well have a gun with me right? Why set yourself up to be a victim of a home invasion or Robbery? I can imagine the news media on that one."Man victim of home invasion brutally beaten and his .357 was 15 feet away on his night stand" If your not mentally prepared for it or you think it will never happen to you...your wrong! Dead wrong! It can happen to anyone. I look at it like this.
I have a CCW and I have carried a handgun for the last 7 years of my life to be more "prepared" in case a situation where my life is threatened presents itself. Why wouldn't I be just as careful in my own home? A lock on the door only works to keep out the honest people. I have reenacted several scenarios with my Wife about what the plan of action would be from every room in the house, in case something was to happen. If I'm not home the Wife is mentally prepared to react to a situation. what amazes me is the people who never think about these things and walk around through life with the blinders on until they are screwed and don't know what to do except bend over....
Anyone who thinks this is paranoia needs to wake up.

John  
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:09:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Glock 30 on the mouse cord right now@ 1:05 a.m. in the middle of nowhere. I fell nekkid w/out it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:21:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually it was only once that a person saw the pistol, and that was entirely by mistake

I would move, but the rent is cheap and I am currently disabled.

sgtar15
View Quote

Sounds good to me, I misunderstood you.  Just making sure you aren't flashing weapons at crack hoes and their boyfriends, like McUZI likes to do.

Sorry about the McDonalds joke, I've lived in shitholes myself, so I sympathize.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BTW, do you live in a McDonald's drive thru window???[:D]
View Quote

Yes I do as a matter of fact!!  And I am now taking orders via internet....your happy meal will be delievered in 4-6 weeks [:D]

sgtar15

PS No offence taken
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeap..right on time! It's 1:30am here and the first cop of the night is right in front of my computer window with a drunk driver!!!  

Gotta love Saturday night!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Make that two cops
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I got coyotes and crickets outside my window.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 1:28:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Yea, don't rub it in.  I'll be out there soon enough Gunmonkey, just need to tie up a few loose ends first

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 1:55:39 AM EDT
[#15]
LOL, Sure feels good knowing I'm not the only one.As i type this i have a AK underfolder to my left,a BHP and kimber sitting on my scanner to my right.thats just what i can grab without moving out of my chair.mmk
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 2:10:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By madman kirk:
i have a AK underfolder to my left,a BHP and kimber sitting on my scanner to my right.thats just what i can grab without moving out of my chair.mmk
View Quote

Jeez, you give a new meaning to the term 'armchair commando'! [;)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 2:32:55 AM EDT
[#17]
  Heh, got you all beat, my gun safe is right next to my computer. I'm within reach of everything. Nothing like living in a world that is 4x4. Just kidding I do go to the range and work sometimes.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 2:43:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Hell, I do that in the afternoon too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:07:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Yep I do that too.  When I go to the living room to watch TV I'll take my pistol and lay it on the coffee table in front of the couch.  I even take a pistol in the shower now as a buddy of mine did the same and actually had a guy break in to his house when he was in the shower.  When I start thinking it won't happen to me is when I'm not prepared.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#20]
You know, thats funny, I have a thing about bringing guns in the bathroom with me too[:D]. Maybe i'm a little paranoid but i'll be damned if some MF is going to catch me off guard in the shower![uzi]
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top