Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The whole article is not available online. I did read the whole article this morning.  The guy was arrested for looting, and was arrested by the feds not the National guard.
I wonder though, if first L.T. Jim Jones had any right to search this guys truck.  Reading this article Jones was acting like a typical asshole Mass State trooper who forgot he has zero police powers in New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The whole article is not available online. I did read the whole article this morning.  The guy was arrested for looting, and was arrested by the feds not the National guard.
I wonder though, if first L.T. Jim Jones had any right to search this guys truck.  Reading this article Jones was acting like a typical asshole Mass State trooper who forgot he has zero police powers in New Orleans.

FYI all of the Feds, out of state LEOs and many .mil types have been sworn in as LA LEOs.

My buddy in CBP took his oath with about 200 other feds in an aircraft hanger.

I know you would rather know what you are talking about as opposed to talking out of your ass.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The long and short of it is that he is, apparently deservingly, going to Federal Pound Me In The Ass Prison...

FOr what? Exercising his 2nd A. rights?

Navy (sitting on the USNS comfort in Gulfport) Doc

For possessing explosives, and stolen IDs if you need help reading the article! Having weapons while commiting other crimes is just an optional extra charge.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Will somebody PLEASE send those carpet bagger MFers back home.

Oh, Sub. You and Cindy Sheehan. "Occupied New Orleans."
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#5]

FYI all of the Feds, out of state LEOs and many .mil types have been sworn in as LA LEOs.

My buddy in CBP took his oath with about 200 other feds in an aircraft hanger.

I know you would rather know what you are talking about as opposed to talking out of your ass.

FYI No where in the article did it say Massachusetts National Guard was was sworn in as LA LEO's. I question the search by Jones and will the search stand up in court.
I wonder what was in plain sight and what was hidden, and did the driver consent to a search.
Martial law is not in effect, but the Constitution still is.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's NOT the 'wild, wild West'!

It's the American South!

Except for the 'stolen' identity cards, that fellow sounds just like me going out to the Hun Farm!

Somehow, this article depresses the shiite out of me.

What is it, you think?

The confiscation of weapons from American Citizens?

Hmmm?

"They call these cop killers,'' Jones said, checking out the black-tipped silver bullets in an assault rifle clip.

Yeah. Right.

BTW, I would bet that 'clip' was a direct quote from Jones.

Eric The(HowAbout,CivilRightsForEveryone?)Hun

Bothers me too, EXCEPT, it sounds to ME like it is VERY possible (the IDs gave it away) that he VERY LIKELY STOLE the firearms and ammo... and was likely up to no-good... and not in a "Hun" (onery) way either Hopefully those guns get returned to the rightful owners (eventually), whomever they may be ....
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, dupe.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's just carpet nuke the whole state, it's the only way to be sure...

Yeah that was crude, insensitive, unneeded, and vile. So sue me. I am tired of that place.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:38:59 PM EDT
[#10]
sorry guys.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#11]
From what I can tell the guy had stollen ID's and should be locked up for trying to steal other people's identity should it be proven that he is guilty of such..  However, the media discredited itself by trying to hammer home that the use of "military grade" ammo kills cops or any bullet that has a colored tip is evil.  It is BS reporting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How many LEOs have died in sniping incidents during the period since Hurricane Katrina?

None.

Well, then how many have been wounded during sniping incidents during this period?

Two.

The same number as NOPD officers who have committed suicide during this period.

A modest proposal would be to disarm the NOPD before they hurt themselves any further.

Now...how many buildings, bridges, etc. have been blown up by renegades?

Eric The(StandDown,Folks,WeHaveMetTheEnemyAndTheyIsUs)Hun

Hummm... I never looked at it that way. You have a very valid point.

Scary stuff.

ETA- As for your NY comments above..... I have to agree.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It's not just the weapons. It's the bomb-making materials that's really alarming,'' McNeill said, looking over the fuses and mercury switches

Blasting cap in pic + the ID cards = this guys in ATF trouble.

I hope he doesnt have an AR15com screen name.

Hey, I've got a license for those!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#14]
WOW!   If they had found some Wolf ammo in his truck they could charge him with being a Russian spy.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Since when is owning blasting caps illegal? I had 100 of them along with 50# of blasting agent and 50#s of detigel when I was blasting for my basement. I didn't have no stinking liscense either. This was about 15 years ago.  Has there been a change in the law?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
From what I can tell the guy had stollen ID's and should be locked up for trying to steal other people's identity should it be proven that he is guilty of such..  However, the media discredited itself by trying to hammer home that the use of "military grade" ammo kills cops or any bullet that has a colored tip is evil.  It is BS reporting.

A lone voice of reason.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I say it's a set up, to point the finger at looters for stealing firearms, when the residents return to their empty homes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They discovered one of them when a man drove up to a checkpoint Saturday night in a beat-up pickup truck and a box of military-grade ammunition fell out.

Aside from all the other "details", since when did "military ammo" falling from the back of a truck become probable cause of anything?

That's what scares me.

Massachusetts National Guard

In Massachusetts it is illegal to possess ammunition or ammunition parts including empty shell casings, bullets, powder and primers without possessing an FID card.  So if you have a spent Wolf 7.62X39 shell casing in your car travelling through MA don't get pulled over.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quoted:

AGNTSA

AGNTPostA.

Try to save 'double-tapping' for your fellow civilians in your jurisdiction!

Eric The(Unintended)Hun

No, they are the civilians...not me...I'm law enforcement
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll bet we never hear about this guy again.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

news.bostonherald.com/galleries/images/15857_091705arrestjw03.jpg

``It's not just the weapons. It's the bomb-making materials that's really alarming,'' McNeill said, looking over the fuses and mercury switches.

Really officer. Those aren't mercury switches..
It's for the fireworks next weekend. The Mayor wants to welcome people back to New Orleans..

I wonder if the tattoos on his right arm wil ID him as a Skin Head??

that's not a fucking blasting cap, it's a electronic match for high-end model rockets.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#22]
tag
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top