Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/21/2001 8:53:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2001 9:51:58 PM EDT by EIGHTYDUECE]
I have seen one for sale at a recent gunshow in NIB condition. I have the guys buis. card and I need to know how well it is made and how well it stands up to Glocks, Delta-Elites.. etc I love how it feels in my hand and the look of it is very appealing. It would be a range gun only. I would love to add a 10mm to my collection. Thanks for any advice :)
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 9:40:12 PM EDT
They are a solid gun, well able to handle the 10mm. (maybe not 100mm though [;)] ) I found them to be a bit big and bulky for my tastes. Trigger was a bit long and stacky as well, but I am not a fan of double/single action pistols. If it works for ya though, I couln't think of a reason not to buy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:25:17 PM EDT
I wouldn't unless it was a really smokin' deal. Most guns, except Glocks, won't hold up to a steady diet of 10mm. The only Star I'd be interested in is a Firestar and if the price was dirt cheap. Stars generally speaking have an inferior rep.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:48:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2001 11:45:35 PM EDT by warlord]
Originally Posted By Chairborne Ranger: Most guns, except Glocks, won't hold up to a steady diet of 10mm. . . . Stars generally speaking have an inferior rep.
View Quote
I don't know about the Megastar, but I have a 9mm Nato carbon steel Star Model 30(an aluminum frame was also available), which is somewhat similar to a Baretta 92F. I have put thru thousands of 9mm to and not a problem.
Originally Posted By EIGHTYDUECE: how well it stands up to Glocks, Delta-Elites.. etc
View Quote
My buddy owns a firing range, and his rental Colt 10mm Delta Elited lasted about 5,000 rounds of factory tens before the frame cracked.
Top Top