BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Spike was fun.

End of first season and he drives off in the Caddie(?) to the sounds of Do You Know the Way to San Jose?

Desoto.  Spike, like Angel is a Mopar guy.  & IIRC the ep you're thinking of is probably "Becoming, Part 2" the last ep of the 2nd season.  Or possibly "Lovers Walk" a 3rd season ep though the end music in that was "My Way" from the Sid & Nancy soundtrack (they could have replaced the music in the syndicated version or the DVDs).  Was Dru with him?

And the babes.  

Hottest BuffyBabe?  Too many to choose from.
Buffy=much cuter in the early seasons when she had some meat on her bones.
Willow=redhead, 'nuff said
Faith=smoking hot
Cordelia= though hotter on "Angel" when she lost the queenbitca attitude.  Major bonus points whenever she was in her cheerleading outfit
Anya=quirky but her straight forward "please remove your clothing so we can copulate" personality is refreshing.
Tara=not really "hot" but attractive in a hippy chick EarthMother way.  She'd be the one I'd want to be the mother of my children (even if she is a lesbian).
Dawn=cute 'lil sis who grew up into a real heartbreaker.
Joyce=one word:MILF

Darla=nice but kind of a bitca.  Not quite sure what Angel saw in her.  
Drusilla=my sweet, dark evil ripe plum, my black goddess....her being crazy is a slight turnoff but she is rather naughty & loves to be spanked  
Harmony=curvy blonde vampchick.  The Diet Coke of evil undead.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:37:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There was one episode involving some sort of student slaughter at the high school, it was pulled from the schedule when the Columbine shootings happened. They did air it about a year later, if I remember correctly. As I recall there was no real parallel with Columbine at all, just network ninny's over reacting.

Any idea what season/show it is, if it made it onto the DVDs?

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:22:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you would have told me two years ago that I would get hooked, then subsequently watch all 7 seasons of Buffy The Vampire Slayer I would have told you yoru were nuts.  But here I am.  Last three discs of season 7 sitting on my TV in their Netflix wrappers waiting for me to watch this weekend.

Who else is hooked?

My only complaint has been that  it needs more guns and less clothing.

Those are the best ones to have.  The Capt from Firefly is in the last 5 episodes..Caleb
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:44:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There was one episode involving some sort of student slaughter at the high school, it was pulled from the schedule when the Columbine shootings happened. They did air it about a year later, if I remember correctly. As I recall there was no real parallel with Columbine at all, just network ninny's over reacting.

Kharn

I'm pretty sure its season 3...the one with the mayor.  All of the episodes are on the DVDs
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#5]
One of my guilty pleasures.  I can't think of another show that was part comedy, part drama, and part action.  The writing was inspired and I absolutely loved the show.  It took me until 2004 to find another TV show that I enjoyed watching and would follow - actually 3 shows now:  24, Battlestar Galactica, and Lost.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Halfway through the next to last episode.  She just got the bitching red axe thingy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Because of Joss Whedon.  If you like Buffy (I only tolerate it, myself) try Firefly or the movie Serenity when it comes out in two weeks.  Firefly is right up a gun lover's alley, you'll have a new favorite show for sure.

edit for spelling

buffy was ok cuz it had the band chick who ended up becoming a lipstick lesbian. plus, it had some truly memorable episodes like the silent grinning guys (holy shit that was creepy!!!). i wish paul rubens had been in the show, that woulda been a hoot!

i like angel and fucking LOVE firefly!!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:58:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

I'm pretty sure its season 3...the one with the mayor.  All of the episodes are on the DVDs

Actually, there were two BTVS episodes which were delayed because of the Columbine shootings - but both eventually aired.

The first was Earshot, about a troubled teen whose plan to snipe students from the school's clocktower happily coincided with Buffy's newfound ability to read minds (she stopped him, of course).  It was originally scheduled to air the very day after the Columbine shootings.  With less than a day to react, it is completely understandable IMHO why they held off on airing it.  OTOH, when some folks suggested that it should never be aired, it prompted SMG to make the statements she did about guns not being to blame for Columbine - which earned her a warm place in our hearts forever (as if she didn't already have one ).  STORY

The second delayed episode was the season finale - Graduation Day, Part 2 - in which the students arm themselves to prevent the "Ascension" of the evil Mayor at their graduation ceremony.  This was a stretch, even for the anti-gun crowd, because the students were mostly armed with arcane weapons.  Nevertheless, the fact that it involved a bunch of armed students at school prompted them to delay its airing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My niece looks a lot like Sara Michelle Geller, so it just weirds me out too much to think of her as hot.

I promise it won't weird me out....Got pics?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#10]
It's a  good show, but I think Angel was better.  They should have made a sixth season for that show because it was very open-ended.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:11:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Joss Whedon is the best Sci-fi writer out there now. He also did Alien ressurection...

Oye.

"Alien Resurrection" = worst movie ever.  Worst waste of a free movie ticket I ever spent.  That movie absoutely ruined the franchise.  Neber watd $$$ on it, but "AvP" was apparently just piss-icing no that sh!t cake.  Get "Alien" & "Aliens" & call it a series.  Before the "Resurrection", I viewed "Alien 3" as borderline, at best.  I now consider it a virtual masterpiece by relative comparison.

You beat me to it.  Alien Resurrection blew goats.  

To be fair, he got shafted with having to work in the confines of 3.  (2 left off really nice and open for the next writer, but whoever wrote or influence 3... *shudder*)

About Buffy, whats is the episode where the Native America warrior spirts are attacking cause they're mad and Spike(?)  gets on the diatribe with Buffy and Willow that  no shit they are mad  they lost, cause they got their asses kicked, thati s what conquering nations do.  *gasp, run-on*
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:23:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's a  good show, but I think Angel was better.  They should have made a sixth season for that show because it was very open-ended.

I agree.   Angel had good character development and a fairly good story line.  As said before, Joss Whedon knows how to write.

Can't wait to see Serenity.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#13]
OK OK mentiioning Alien ressurection as a Whedon Credit was not so good, a lot of people did'nt like it. (though I did, it was like a duke nuke'em Game) But he has plenty of other good shisse to his name. As to you fools thinking that watching Buffy is gay.............Since when is watching barely clothed, kung-fu fighting, female vampires, gay?? Those wimins are HOT FOOL! how is looking at their crotch while they do high kicks gay? lemme guess, instead you watch wrestling. The manly art of two buff sweaty guys getting into Karma Sutra positions!! So piss off and go eat some fag faeces.................you fag!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:55:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I liked the first few seasons of Angel.  But they ruined it (for me) when they brung in the gay green demon and the black street thug.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I liked the first few seasons of Angel.  But they ruined it when they brung in the gay green demon and the black street thug.

Lorne was a great character IMHO.  And I never really considered him "gay" - I just thought he was "theatrical."

Gunn I could take or leave...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top