Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2001 12:46:14 PM EDT
I have had this thing for like 7-8 years now.made by norinco and marked 5.56x45 (.223) and it doubles,yet fires blanks like its never going to quit.live ammo seems to malfunction it. by the way,what is the value and proper configuration? anyone in GA want to trade for an AK in 7.62x39? even a beater post ban that looks more like a real AK,slant brake,cleaning rod etc. Any one know where to get a MAADI?

All Forums  •  Rifles and Parts  •  bwk-92 sporter?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Usually when the .223 Norinco starts doubling, it's because the bolt is dirty.  They use a springloaded firing pin.  A slightly different set-up than a 7.62x39.  When they get dirty, the firing pin doesn't reset properly and you get doubles.  Since you fire blanks out of it, and blanks are notorious for being dirty, odds are you need to clean the bolt out well.  It's not a thing you really have to clean much, just once every 500-1000rds.  More if using dirty ammo.  

I've had best results using the steel case .223.  Never a malfunction in my Norinco .223.  The AK was made for steel and seems to work better with it than brass.

The 7.62x39 BWK's were junk.  US made recievers that are too soft and wear out.  The BWK-92 in .223 is real Norinco and will run forever.  They were a post-ban configured gun.  The "92" in BWK-92 indicates it was imported after the 89 ban.  There should be no bayo lug, have thumbhole stock, etc.  I don't know if the BWKs came with muzzle threads or not.  

My bet is if you soak and clean the bolt really good the malfunctions will go away.  The gun's worth $350-400 to give you a general idea of the value.  

Ross
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok Iguess I need to go into more detail.it doubles,bang-bang then it jams,with the empty #2 case in the chamber and the hammer down. it jams like as in dosen't fire again,but is not stuck or hard to open or anything just quits working.can american parts be used to lose the butthole stock?
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah, then I would look at the internals.  I.e. hammer/trigger/sear combo.  The hammer isn't getting caught by the disconector/sear and being held to the rear.  It goes forward as the next round is loaded and fires the gun again on closing.  The bolt works again, but the third time there may not be enough energy to fire a thrid time.  The hammer comes to rest in the forward position.  Obviously the rifle stops working unless the hammer gets cocked again, by pulling the bolt back.  

Alternatively, the hammer/sear engagement may be worn and when the bolt slams forward, the vibration lets the hammer fly forward.  Had that happen with an FAL with US internals.  Weak US spring wouldn't hold the sear in place.  

It would look more like worn internals (or someone tried to do some home gunsmithing on it before you got it) or a weak spring (which is less likely).  

You can use US parts to ditch the thumbhole in the same manner as any AK.  You'll need whatever the number of parts required is.  You can't use mag parts as there aren't any .223 mag parts made in the US.  Between the US made internals (same as 7.62x39 for Mak-90) and US made furniture (again same as Mak-90) you should be able to do it pretty easy.  I'm not sure about the gas piston.  I think the .223 is different from the 7.62x39.  

I have a Choate thumbhole on mine.  It looks tacky, but it fits, is comfortable and handles great.  For looks I have two Hungarians and a Bulgarian.  My Mak-90 .223 is a working gun.  No cares about looks, all about function.

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top