Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2001 12:01:10 PM EDT
Attorney General Ashcroft is a friend to gun owners and freedom lovers.  However his wording as noted in this article leaves a huge hole and invites trouble from anti-types.

You'll want to check this article out:

[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23712[/url]

I think perhaps we should let the Attorney General know that this concerns us but let's do this in a respectful manner.  Let's show that we are an intelligent group of concerned citizens - ok?

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You posted a address to a file on your computers hard drive- not the link to the article.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes I really wonder about myself.....

Thanks for the heads-up ArmdLbrl!  This one oughta work a litle better:

[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23712[/url]

Read away......

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#3]
The phrase ashcroft is using, "compelling state interest," is the legal standard used for the most protected fundamental rights (it's called "scrict scrutiny"). It's legalese, a term of art. It's the strictest standard by which any law is tested to see if it withstands constitutional muster. Usually it is used for racial equal protection issues, voting, speech, etc. There is no other standard that would allow more protection. It is the hardest test for any law to pass, and they usually fail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top