Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2001 10:49:40 AM EDT
...on your member pic??

zaz
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It's an IMI Tavor, the gun that I am going insane waiting for the civilian version.

[rail]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Armed Scientist:
It's an IMI Tavor, the gun that I am going insane waiting for the civilian version.

[rail]
View Quote

I am going even MORE insane waiting for it. That's a carbine version, 16" bbl, and it uses readily available AR15 magazines. kind of like a Steyr AUG, only with cheap mags

It uses the Bullpup concept of design, placing the trigger ahead of the action, and could conceivable be made in a "post ban" civvie legal config in the U.S. It would most likely be the minium legal length, 26", and thus more compact than the AR15, while maintaining a legal 16 bbl. Right now, IMI's got it over in Israel, and they're not sharing. The sunset of the '94 AW ban may bring them to US production, in a glorious preban, semiauto config.

It's my dream gun, and that's why it's my sig. pic.

Specs on all four models at:[url]http://www.imi-israel.co.il/[/url]

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#3]

I am going even MORE insane waiting for it. That's a carbine version, 16" bbl, and it uses readily available AR15 magazines. kind of like a Steyr AUG, only with cheap mags

It uses the Bullpup concept of design, placing the trigger ahead of the action, and could conceivable be made in a "post ban" civvie legal config in the U.S. It would most likely be the minium legal length, 26", and thus more compact than the AR15, while maintaining a legal 16 bbl. Right now, IMI's got it over in Israel, and they're not sharing. The sunset of the '94 AW ban may bring them to US production, in a glorious preban, semiauto config.

It's my dream gun, and that's why it's my sig. pic.

Specs on all four models at:[url]http://www.imi-israel.co.il/[/url]

Juggernaut
View Quote

I swear, the kid's so sharp that it almost makes me teary eyed with pride.

Now for the non teary eye'd part of the response....and pray tell dear sir, how much does one of these IMI Tavor's cost in US Dollars.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, in US dollars, most likely under 1k each, maybe as little as $500 or so if you bought in large quantities, which is how IMI want you to buy them.

They are as yet offered in select fire, though a semi auto version would not be difficult to make.

The real kicker is that US dollars aren't likely to be he method of choice for paying for them, since the '86 ban on non sporting firearms sure ain't going to let them in.

The good news is that they could be made with a minimum of evil features here in the US, for civvie use, and when the ban sunbsets, they can simply be made as semiauto clones of the FA versions.

So, meanwhile, we sit and languish waiting for a US manf. to make them here.

Juggernaut

(off to Mejico for the week, hold my calls[;)])
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top