Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
One of those Senators had him backpedalling!
Talking about if Congress has the authority to stop war. Roberts fumbled and avoided the issue multiple times.
I'm pretty much tired of the whole Bush Administration.
Not that the other choices would have been even close to better.

Fuckin politics.

Gee, everyone else is talking about how bright he is.  Could this just be another excuse to bash Bush?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
One of those Senators had him backpedalling!
Talking about if Congress has the authority to stop war. Roberts fumbled and avoided the issue multiple times.

I'm pretty much tired of the whole Bush Administration.
Not that the other choices would have been even close to better.

Fuckin politics.

That was during Sen. Leahy's questioning on the War Powers Act.  Leahy trying to make paraells with Vietnam and our current War in Iraq/War on Terror.  Boasting how Congress got us out of that war by cutting off funds to the troops(and his was a deciding vote),  That's somthing to be proud of .  I like the way Roberts refused to answer due to it could be a case to come up in the near future.  Again...another home run

Congress should be able to stop a war.
Or to put it more simply, someone needs to be able to rein in our War hungry President.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Too complicated a subject for the usual imbeciles on this site. They are busy screaming that the NRA sucks.  

Ah yes, the NRA -- an cult organization that pretends it can do no wrong, and somehow gets their followers members to believe it.  Not than any of the other pro-gun organizations have any better of a track record.  But that's for a different thread.

I listened to part of it.  Seems like a decent enough choice, and certainly better than anyone the democrat's would have picked.

Still tired of Bush, his war-mongering, illegal-immigrant loving administration, and the far-right extremists that provide unwavering support.  But he's still better than Gore or Kerry would have been.  

"Marvin the Martian" in '08!

Far-right extremists supporters????  It seems that the far right hammers him as much as the far left.  In fact, they are so much alike that it is hard to tell them apart.

Which are you?

Warmongering?  Yeah, I guess we should have just curled up into a ball after 9/11.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Congress should be able to stop a war.
Or to put it more simply, someone needs to be able to rein in our War hungry President.

Yep, and a weak-kneed, pacifist, leftist Congress is JUST the answer!

What we need to do is fight wars like we mean it so we can WIN QUICKLY and get it over with!

"War hungry". Yeah.

Ok, maybe not war hungry.
How about monkey brained buffoon? Thats probably more accurate.
You could tack on a few other choices words as well.
But not war hungry. War, in this case, is needed. Too bad hes fucked it up in every other possible way.

Yeah, you could tack on a few other choice words and they would be just as irrelevant as "money brained buffoon".  Damn, you sound just like DU.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Ok, maybe not war hungry.
How about monkey brained buffoon? Thats probably more accurate.
You could tack on a few other choices words as well.
But not war hungry. War, in this case, is needed. Too bad hes fucked it up in every other possible way.

Oh, I see.

So you don't know WTF you're talking about, to the extent that you choose crazy words you later retract.

And you expect us to take your opinion seriously?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top