Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2001 7:28:24 AM EDT
What do you guys and gals think? Which should I spend my tax refund on? I can pick up a SAR 1 and SAR 2 + 1000 rounds of ammo and some mags, or I could buy an Armalite M15A4 Flat Top.

Please help me!
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Whadda ya already have? I vote Armalite, as this is AR15.com.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#2]
<----  Look at my screen name.  You know what I am gonna say! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#3]
if you dont have an AR then thats what I would get. If you have one all ready then go with the SAR's
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree with Dave.  If you already have an AR, get the SAR1...skip the SAR2 if you already have an AR and use the extra money on more mags and ammo.
If you don't have an AR, get the Armalite or a Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Get the SAR.  Heavier caliber, plus there's no front sight post interfering with your scope's line of vision.  You also get ammo, and mags.  Though an AR (without the front sight post) might be better if you want a light varmint type gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By |\|F/\:
Get the SAR.  Heavier caliber, plus there's no front sight post interfering with your scope's line of vision.
View Quote

Heavier caliber? No. Bigger bullet, but much less in the way of antipersonell effectiveness.
Better penetration of hard cover, but much less wounding power.
As for a scope...putting a magnified scope on an SAR1 is like putting a pink bow on a hog.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top