Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hats off to them, there are just some jobs that the general population is not fit for and thus cannot understand.  IE coroners, hospice workers, etc.  I am disturbed at this growing trend to keep people alive at all costs just because science has given us the capabiltiy, without concern for the physical and emotional tole it will take on those providing the care, the family, and most importantly the dying themselves.  If the ball hadnt been dropped so badly these people would have been evac'd in the days prior to the storm hitting, but if your breathing depends on a 120 v wall plug being operational you arent prospective for recovery (ie dying of combined old age, cancer, etc), you arent truly alive and free now are you?  Like the lady said, leave them to die without their life prolonging medical treatment and leave them to the ruffians, or give them some morphine and let them slip away a few days or hours early.  THIS IS NOT ABORTION THIS IS LETTING SOMEONE DIE WITH DIGNITY, digntiy being something in short supply these days as people center their lives around government and private handouts to sustain their way of life, aiding in all this madness in the first place.  

That's what they thought in Germany in 1939.

Exactly-+1

The first people the Nazis killed were not the Jews, but the mentally and physically retarded.  If you will read the arguments supporting this policy, the wording is almost identical to the wording above.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything that has happened in new orleans can be summed up in one simple phrase:

A crisis of poor leadership.

If I were a new orleanians voter there would be no way----and I mean absolutely no way-----that I would ever vote for nagin or blanco for any political office ever again. Period. Exclamation point and end of story! Those two jokers personify the word "incompetent" and the phrase "unfit for command". It baffles me how those two ever got elected in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it is sad that the identities of those Doctors need to be protected

This fits the definition of a mercy killing if anything ever did.

The Docters did a great thing!!

I would hope they would do that for me when I am dying

I absolutely cannot agree any more with this.   I pray that I never have to die suffering, like I had to watch my mother do... She passed away at 43 years old from cancer....  I was 21 and it's screwed me up more ways than I can even begin to explain.

If that has to be me someday, I just pray that someone will be strong enough for me, to do the same..... I'm not afraid to die.  I just want it to be with a little dignity and as easily as it can possibly be....  

If I could, I'll push the IV myself.....  I can only hope I'll be so lucky if the time comes.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe this? Found this on Yahoo News:

Dozens Found Dead at New Orleans Hospital

By ADAM NOSSITER, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 2 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS - The bodies of more than 40 mostly elderly patients were found in a flooded-out hospital in the biggest known cluster of corpses to be discovered so far in hurricane-ravaged New Orleans.

The exact circumstances under which they died were unclear, with at least one hospital official saying Monday at least a few of the patients were dead before the storm, and another saying the rising temperature in the hospital afterward likely contributed to some of the deaths.

The announcement, which raised Louisiana's official death toll to nearly 280, came as
President Bush got his first up-close look at the destruction and the embattled director of the
Federal Emergency Management Agency resigned.

<snip>

At least 40 bodies were found Sunday at the 317-bed Memorial Medical Center, but the exact number was unclear. Bob Johannesen, a spokesman for the state Department of Health and Hospitals, said 45 patients had been found; hospital assistant administrator David Goodson said there were 44, plus three on the grounds.

Also unclear was exactly how the patients died.

Steven Campanini, a spokesman for the hospital's owner, Tenet Healthcare Corp., said some of the patients were dead before the storm arrived, and none of the deaths resulted from lack of food, water or electricity to power medical equipment. He said many were seriously ill.

Goodson said patients died while waiting to be evacuated over the four days after the hurricane hit, as temperatures inside the hospital reached 106 degrees. "I would suggest that that had a lot to do with" the deaths, he said of the heat.

Family members and nurses were "literally standing over the patients, fanning them," he said.

Associated Press writers Erin McClam, Mary Foster, Colleen Long, Warren Levinson and Howie Rumberg contributed to this report.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top