Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Same problem here since the upgrade. Slow to load and change pages too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

ARRRGHHH!!!

THREE FUCKING TIMES TO GET THIS POSTED!!!!!

Well that explains the other 2 Dupes
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.vaq34.com/junk/arfslow.jpg

Looks like you're still using an old windows OS, old PC? Get a new one, your commodore 64 won't last forever
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:13:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like you're still using an old windows OS, old PC? Get a new one, your commodore 64 won't last forever

u can set xp to classic theme
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Firefox is working better than IE, but I do get that with IE everytime, and Firefox doesn't always load the pages here the fastest either.  My computer is totally optimized to fun the fastest for Microsoft Flight Sim, and I have scanned for spyware, viruses, and anything else with three different programs.  The update has slowed things down IMO.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Slower to load for me too.
The time it took to type the first 10 words was all lines instead of letters waiting for it to download.

I have the same thing going on...it is the site, not me, I have a good computer, 1337 5k1llz, and no problems at other sites...it's not that big of a deal but I didnt' have the problem before the downgrade update (actually I really like the look of things now).
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta try this ????

As soon as I hit the button

WHAM
It's gone.

Ever see the commercial where the guy throws the comp. out the window????
Might be the cure.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I sometimes can't get new pages to load, then no AR15.com for about 5 minutes.  Seems to happen about 5 mins before the hour most of the time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Slower to load for me too.
The time it took to type the first 10 words was all lines instead of letters waiting for it to download.

add me to the list....

me three. mmk

and me.

It's Goatboy's fault.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Plus 1 and i'm on cable.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea, old, XP SP2, IE6.2, Firefox 1.06.
I won't go into the specs on the comnputer other than to say it's running a 3.0 P4 and 2 gig of memory.
I like the DOS 3.1 look, fuck all of that gay flashy shit.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Errr, you should know me better than that Paul.
Microsoft ASW - Check
Spybot - Check
Ad-Aware - Check
Spy Sweeper - Check
AVG - Check
Norton AV - Check
Norton Firewall - Check
Hardware Firewall - Check

Quoted:
Purge your spywares and try again.

Blazing fast as normal for me too.

Try Microsoft Anti-spyware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Ad-Aware - or get a Mac (or Linux).

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Plus Pme/

It's doing it////wait, NOW I can see letters instead of lines!

Exactly like the picture KA3B posted.  Has done that for a little while now.

Athlon XP2400 Barton core, 256M RAM, Win XP Pro SP2, Norman Sandbox corporate, Zone Alarm, and hardware firewall.  All windows updates installed, Norman up to date, Java up to date.  I run SpyBot and AdAware frequently, with current updates.  Cable internet at roughly 3MB actual.

To those posting "the problem is your browser, switch to FireFox": quit posting out of your ass.  I think we have well established that there is an issue related to the site.

Do you put new tires on your car because the shocks are bad?

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#15]
UPDATE.......It only does it when there is a delay in loading the advertisement at the top of the page.  

I would hazard a guess that the Javascript for the reply box loads AFTER the advertisement, hence the delay???

Either the script for the reply box should be moved ahead of the advertisement, or the ad server tweaked to catch up to the rest of the page.......just a suggestion!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#16]
it happens to me using verizon broadband on the laptop.  using wireless to a LAN or wired i don't have the probem. same comp, same browser.  

I get the exact screen. (usally it happens in buttfuck egypt. KY is the worst offender. no offense to it's fine residents)
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Just tried to post a new topic, hit send three times, got the "wait 12 seconds" message, it did not post!

FTW over?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top