Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I for one think it might not be so bad.............

If it can be changed just a little ..........

..................to make it ........... MOCK ISLAM!

Then I'm all for it.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Emails going out right now:

RE: Pennsylvania Memorial to Flight 93 is an ISLAMIC CRESCENT!!!

Dear Governor Rendell,

Look at the plans for the Pennsylvania Memorial to those killed on Flight 93:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/blog_9_8_05_1045.html
and here...
http://www.zombietime.com/flight_93_memorial_project/

The official Memorial to the heroes of Flight 93 which was hijacked on 9-11 by Islamic terrorists and crashed in Pennsylvania is going to be a huge RED CRESCENT. The "Red Crescent" is the most widely-known symbol of ISLAM which flys on many national flags of Islamic nations.

This is the most despicable insult I can ever imagine to the brave American HEROES who fought back against the Islamic terrorists on 9-11 and most likely saved the US Capitol from being destroyed that day!

How DARE anyone make a memorial to those killed by ISLAMIC terrorists look just like the most common symbol of ISLAM!!! This would be like making the Holocaust museum in the shape of a swatstika!

This must not stand!!!

I urge you to use your power to STOP this atrocious insult to America and to the innocent Americans who were massacred on 9-11!!!

Do NOT let this American Memorial to 9-11 become a huge symbol of ISLAM carved into our countryside!!!

* Email Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell here

* Email Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum here

* Email Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter here

US SENATE:
* Locate And Contact YOUR Senators.

US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES:
* Locate And Contact YOUR Representative.

* Rush Limbaugh: [email protected]
* Bill O'Reilly: [email protected]
* Sean Hannity: www.hannity.com/index/contact-form
* Shepard Smith: [email protected]
* Brit Hume: [email protected]
* Micheal Savage: [email protected]
* Micheal Medved: www.michaelmedved.com/contact.shtml
* Neal Boortz: [email protected]
* Dennis Prager: [email protected]
* Mike Gallagher: [email protected]
* Hugh Hewitt: [email protected]
* Laura Ingraham: [email protected]

Strike that.

Bill Shuster's territory

www.house.gov/shuster/district.htm

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]

This has to be a joke...

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it just me, or is EVERY freaking day becoming more and
more insane???

The only reason I haven't run my head through a wall is this ARFCOM.  I feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one that feels the way I do about certain things.

A-FUCKING-MEN!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I think this is my first "succesful" thread. Contacting Rendell is probably useless, knowing him. For PA residents your local reps are a good idea. PA has a lot of vets and they know it.

Kinda glad I didn't drive home to Wilkes-Barre. I would've felt dirty crossing the state line.

Quoted:

Anyone want to join me?  I propose we stae a coup in some banana republic and start our own nation.

I'm with ya Ops. Be more fun than grad school.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I can't wait to get my new swastika shaped Holocaust Memorial.

Perfect analogy!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to puke, this is fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
that's it!

I'm going postal
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Now that is one of the most fucked up thiings I have seen today in my life.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#10]
WTF?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Didn't muslims during the crusade fight under the crescent flag?

Yeah. That's why the WTF comments.

Guys, muslim died on that plane, too.  We're just be ethnically and religiously sensitive.

Yeah, the muslims on the plane were the hijackers...
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Between seizing guns in LA and kissing the ass of islamic numb nuts by building a monument to honor terrorism ,for the first time in my 35 years of life today I am ashamed to call myself an American....truely sickening
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:44:07 AM EDT
[#13]
BTT, this is an outrage!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:13:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Here is the official website:

http://www.flight93memorialproject.org/

Look at the picture!  I just heard this on NPR.  They described the memorial as red maples in the shape of a crescent.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Look at the picture!  I just heard this on NPR.  They described the memorial as red maples in the shape of a crescent.

Last time I chedked, maple burns right?  It would be a darn shame if someone accidentally set fire to that thing.  I hate forrest/wild fires.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I showed the picture to several of my Art classes yesterday.   I didn't tell them what it was and asked them to tell me what they thought it looked like.    In each class, they came up with "Islam".  

Then I told them what it was for.  They all had the same thoughts as are expressed here.   The analogy of a "rising sun" over the Pearl Harbor memorial was made by several.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#17]
what are the family members of the Americans who died on that plane saying?

They have more right to be pissed off than anybody on this website
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it just me, or is EVERY freaking day becoming more and
more insane???

No its no just you -Its real, and its real sickening

America is erroding from the inside out.

...so true
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

From the official site:

"The competition was funded through the generous support of the Heinz Endowments and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation."
As in Hanoi-John Kerry's wife's foundation.

See the other finalist designs here

They all suck.

But the Red Crescent sucks the most.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
There's just nothing to say. Unless you live in Pa. and own a bulldozer.

Not true really.  You can contact your senators and reps as well as the national parks services, and express your displeasure.  Not that it will do a whole lot, but elections are coming up sooner than you may think.  thay might help put some pressure on them for action.  I do live in PA, unfortunately still don't have a bulldozer of my own...  Follow the lead set by some other posters here, contact local media, national media, and your elected officials, it's not much, but it's a start.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#21]
This really doesn't surprise me. Every "arts council" in every city in the forsaken country is dominated by leftist elitists who stick it in the eye of the great unwashed every chance they get.

If I were to create a piece of "art" that was a page from the koran with dogshit and blood all over it and try to get .gov funding to exhibit it in some public museum, I would be arrested. Now, swap out the koran page for Jesus, Ronald Magnus or the Statue of Liberty, and I'd be the toast of the fucking town.

Just once I would like to crash one of their cocktail parties with ten people with axehandles and create some "performance art."

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck the whole memorial thing anyway.  .gov buys all the land around there for this poject, land that I hunt, land that locals hunt, land that was open pretty much for atv riding, etc.  Guess what?  None of that going on anymore once this thing goes up.  The road that runs up to the site used to be a quiet country road, now every weekend it is packed with people driving from all over to see an empty field(abandoned strip mine) with a chain link fence around it.  Real estate being bought up by city people and then they get all pissed when they see people walking down the raod with a rifle or shotgun during hunting season, no BS this really happened!

A memprial?  What a waste.  We have a memorial, many actually. The graves of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen killed fighting the motherfuckers aroundt the globe.

Memorial....  What a fucking waste....  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#23]
It gets worse.  The apex of the crescent points towards Mecca.

ace.mu.nu/archives/117149.php
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-7/1048722/outrage.jpg

can this be confirmed or just put out there to piss everybody off?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Follow the links.  They lead to Islamic sites where you can determine the direction to pray towards Mecca for various cities.  That's the direction for Pittsburgh, PA.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:44:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Umm...I am spechless.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:58:50 PM EDT
[#27]
WTF?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't handle this liberal shit anymore, I am goign to go clean soem rifles and load some ammunition up
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#30]
The architect who designed the Flight 93 memorial has been commissioned to do one for the victims of hurricane Katrina

New York—The man in the middle of the controversial, Flight 93 memorial is extending his prolific creative talents southward.

Paul Murdoch, architect of the disputed “Crescent of Embrace” has also made a galley proposal to New Orleans officials, called the “Ligature of Lamentations.”

Critics say the memorial’s architectural basis gives on the feel of a noose—the type of strangulation device use to lynch African Americans less than 100 years ago.

“If one wants to parse long enough, I suppose I could see anything in that diagram, “says Murdoch. “But again, those that want to impute negative significance to this will do it no matter what I say about it.”

Murdoch says the memorial’s elliptically-shaped and segregated wading pool symbolizes the “endless circles” FEMA authorities were seen running in during the first hours of the crisis.

“To see anything other than that is just preposterous. Nest thing you know, they’re going to say the wading pool is insensitive by itself.”

Murdoch’s Shankville, Pennsylvania memorial design is still in dispute, as some say they can see a similarity between Islam’s red crescent, and the red crescent shape of the memorial, which uses the name “Crescent” in its title.

“If they get away with censoring this,” he says, “Then they’ll be able to stop me from marketing my acrylic, Anne Frank Attic Storage units. And that’s a day I don’t want to see.”

politicaltherapy.blogspot.com/2005/09/flight-93-memorial-designer-to-lend.html
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unbelievably, it is true.  I just confirmed it for myself.

Start with the coordinates of the crash which are  40.052 N, 78.8963 W  (+40° 3' 7.20", -78° 53' 46.68").  You can see on Google Maps that this is just north of Shanksville-Stonycreek:

Then download the site plan for the "Crescent of Embrace" memorial from the official memorial website (note that north is straight up):

Next go to one of the websites that calculate the Qibla (direction to Mecca) given a set of latitude/longitude coordinates:

Finally, overlay the pointer to Mecca (55° 10.92´ from true North) onto the site plan:

The same image with the pointer lengthened and a right-angle cross-bar drawn so you can more easily see how it touches the ends of the crescent:

Words fail me.  What is wrong with America?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is what it looks like if you overlay the Islamic red crescent from the flag of Tunisia as others have done in other forums:

Decide for yourself.

Unsurprisingly, at some sites there are people defending the design with all sorts of misconceived liberal blather.  They have such indefensible positions that they are reduced to bizarre claims like "The trees must be planted in a crescent because if they are planted in a complete circle some will die out due to shading from others until they naturally form a crescent."  Yes, I've noticed how all the forests primeval are filled with trees growing in naturally shaped crescent patterns.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#33]
UN MOTHERFUCKING BELIEVABLE!!!!

Not only did this liberal motherfucker design a monument to honor these islamic scum he makes it point to fucking mecca.

FUCK THIS!!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Not sure what can be done, but I am going to write my congressmen tomorrow (on Sept. 11) to complain.  This is more of the same bullshit:  "We need to understand why the terrorists hate us."
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#35]
How can one respond to this, seriously?  I haven't been disgusted like this before.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I sure hope nobody accidentally spills chemicals that are toxic to Maples on that beautiful monument to the Isamic movement.

ETA, this HAS to be a particularly tasteless joke.

Can anybody provide proof that this is real.  That it is approved, and who is responsible for it?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Very poor choice.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

ETA, this HAS to be a particularly tasteless joke.

Can anybody provide proof that this is real.  That it is approved, and who is responsible for it?

Read the links that have already been posted.

Announcement in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette newspaper:

www.post-gazette.com/pg/05251/567702.stm

Official Flight 93 Memorial Project website (note National Park Service logo in upper left corner):

www.flight93memorialproject.org/default.asp

September 7'th press release announcing selection of final design:

www.flight93memorialproject.org/design_announcement.asp

Description of final selected design - "Crescent of Embrace":

www.flight93memorialproject.org/crescent_of_embrace.asp

Read them and weep.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#39]
BTT,

This is 9/11, this topic has to be put where more people can see it and email/call.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Give it twenty years max and our country will look like Beirut if this shit is allowed to stand........
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#41]
That is just too much.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Un fucking real!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Rat motherfuckers!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#44]
The only thing worse I could think of would be for some group to build a mosque right in the middle of the crescent, and then call the adhan (muslim call to prayer) from the minaret (tallest tower of the mosque) five times a day.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
ASSHAT Designer calls it (I shit you not), "a Crescent of Embrace"

www.post-gazette.com/pg/05251/567702.stm

CONTACT

Office Address
5150 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 504
Los Angeles, California 90036

Phone
323.931.2271 Office
323.931.9203 Fax

Information and Resumes:

[email protected]

I just called his office. You know how you can just tell by a guys voice that their gay? Holy Shit he sounds like a fag, he's 48 and sounds like a fucking girl still. Fucking piece of shit. I called again and left a message saying:

"Why the fuck did you copy the Islamic flag to remember the people killed by the Islams? Why dont you go put a swastika on the memorial for the victims of the holocaust!? What the hell is wrong with you!?"

If i hear back from this dick head ill post what he says, i doubt it though.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Edit: above post says it all pretty well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#47]

Well I for one think it might not be so bad.............

If it can be changed just a little ..........

..................to make it ........... MOCK ISLAM!

Then I'm all for it.

Ohhhh, I really like this. How about dozens of statues of those child angel figurines peeing into a crescent shaped pond that encircles the crash site...

Wish could have read your post before the edit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Makes me want to load up a super soaker with pigs blood and do a drive by squirting on a mosque
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Here is an interesting tidbit.  From the design announcement page of the memorial's official website, we see that:

The competition was funded through the generous support of the Heinz Endowments and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.

Many of you probably already have opinions about the Heinz Endowments foundation, but what about the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation?  Let's take a look at a quotation from their March, 2003 press release on their official website:

Knight Foundation Announces
Middle East Grants

March 19, 2003

MIAMI - As war broke out in Iraq this week, The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation has approved several new grants to help the American and Arab worlds better understand each other.

The recipients of grants from Knight's journalism program promote both the free flow of news and journalism training.

"This effort to expand domestic understanding of and an appreciation for Arab culture and the Muslim faith in the United States is important," said Hodding Carter III, president and CEO of Knight Foundation.

(emphasis in red by me)

I won't add any commentary of my own.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Note that Hodding Carter III is the very same asshat that served in the (Jimmy "the Brain") Carter Administration.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top