Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2001 10:25:20 AM EDT
Don't get me wrong, I believe you MUST support the pro-gun agenda to retain the RKBA and I do!

I just have a problem with GOA and other groups (NRA somewhat excluded from my position on this subject) constantly asking for money for this or that and asking me to take some survey and send in $25 to a zillion dollars when they WILL NOT supply me with a financial statement showing how they spend the bucks they receive.

If they would report how the contributions are spent or provide the results of an independent audit I think they would get allot more people to contribute.

I will not send money to any organization which does not disclose their expenses. I have seen too many organizations which were in business for nothing more than to raise money and pay the administration of the group.

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll only support groups who are/will do something with what I give them. There are many groups out there(I won't name any) that have done nothing for the pro-gun movement. Why support them?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Let's see:  Getting some unwanted mail vs. living in a place like the PRK, where the RKBA issue is moot.

Gee, I don't know if I can make that decision.

Get a life!

Merlin
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, we also get a lot 5%^&%$$ calls from various companies to enroll into this and that ..

It's just like that .. So if feel if it is for a good cause .. do it or else trash it just like the rest of the other mail you get.

Link Posted: 7/20/2001 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I believe that anti gun orgs. are at a disadvantage funding wise. Anti gun orgs get funding from corp and Hollywood stars by the millions for that "feel good, be good" persona. I don't believe the NRA, GOA etc. get too much corp dollars other than gun mfgs. Therefore soliciting members to contribute more is the way to make up the funding for lawyers and the backing of politicians. NOTHING in life is free my friend. Not even freedom.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
All that you have said is true. You may have missed my point.

As I said, I don't have any problem supporting groups which put the money raised where they say they will. What I have a problem with is organizations which solicit continually for funds and will not honor repeated requests for any form of accountability for what they do with the money raised.

I can't name any projects, PAQs or efforts SOME of these organizations have ever done yet they are constantly requesting funds to counter the anti-gun groups.

The question is... WHAT DO THEY DO WITH THE MONEY THEY RAISE?

Pure, simple and to the point.

Where does the money go? What do they spend it on?

Can any of you point with substaniated documentation where the money goes?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The question is... WHAT DO THEY DO WITH THE MONEY THEY RAISE?

Pure, simple and to the point.

Where does the money go? What do they spend it on?

Can any of you point with substaniated documentation where the money goes?
View Quote

no documentation to back this up but just a guess to ask for more money? all those evnvolopes and letters arnt cheap
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
(NRA somewhat excluded from my position on this subject)
View Quote

It's funny you would exclude the NRA, they are the WORST, and they compromise a lot more than GOA.  Do you believe that NRA is the only group that does anything?  That said, I am a member of and contribute to NRA, SAS, and GOA.  They don't have time to sit around and 'disclose' everything just for you.

I know that GOA is working very hard to get national reciprocity passed.  I don't know if you carry, and I don't care, but I do carry and I travel a lot on my job, so I want to be able to carry anywhere I go.  I get sick and tired of going to places like Chicago, D.C. and NYC and not be able to legally carry.  NRA is not even addressing this subject.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#8]
No I am not.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll only support groups who are/will do something with what I give them. There are many groups out there(I won't name any) that have done nothing for the pro-gun movement. Why support them?
View Quote
Please, name some names.  What supposed pro-gun groups out there are asking for donations and doing nothing?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 2:06:55 AM EDT
[#10]
It's prety simple,realy. If you notice,very few solicitations(Read NONE) are hand written. This means they are computer generated. They are sent out to everyone on the list. Of course GOA,CCRKBA,NRA etc DOES NOT EXPECT YOU TO SEND MONEY EVERY TIME!!!! I send money when I can afford to. I do,however,take the time to fill out and return all corespondence with those asking for donations even if to say I can't afford to contribute at this time. This is NOT a waste of time people!
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 3:11:41 AM EDT
[#11]
NO.
But I am tired of compromose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top