Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:42:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Tallahassee is full of communists, government drones, and academic slugs. People there favor mandatory gay marriage - for heterosexuals. If you're looking for some non-communist company, IM me and I'll give you my son's cell #.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:25:08 AM EDT
[#2]
After the hysteria dies down and people give it all some thought, the conclusion will be that the writers of the Constitution were right, after all.  The role of the Federal Governemnt is limited as it should be.  The national government showed its weakness in many ways.  As some of the earlier posters put it, people don't trust the government.  Maybe that's too strong but, then again it has happened many times in the past.  And, it's just possible the writers of the Constitution knew that the government couldn't really do much in real terms for you, but just wants power.  We may just go back to a little less government, because it looks like Bravo Sierra.

As far as the looters stealing guns, I believe it is true.  But don't FFL regulations require secure storage?  ALso, I'd wonder what kind of storage police stations have.  No, not in a textbook, but in the real world in Louisiana.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I was just reading this thread and a liberal co-worker (who knows I am conservative, pro-gun, etc) came into my office, sat down, and confessed that, in light of recent events, he is considering getting a firearm. We had a good discussion, and he agreed to go with me to the range soon. I just joined a range 1/2 mile from his house- he says he can hear the gunfire from there, but never considered owning one because he never felt it was necessary.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm willing to bet that louisiana will have a simlar gun ban like commiefornia..........that is if the congress doesn't enact a new AW ban, that will make the 94 one look like a pro-gun law........, which will be only  a matter of time before that happens, count on it.

I will bet you any amount of money you want that NO does NOT pass a gun ban and that Congress only passes one if it is taken over by the Democrats and a Democratic president is elected in 2008.

Forgetting Reagan?  

And GHWB 41.  Their bans are what really fuck with us as gunowners, and guess what their Republicans.  We need a GOP friendly Libertarian in office in 2008.  I do not see a difference between McCain and Hillary.

In all honesty- we need a Libertarian-friendly GOP'er. Much more likely to get elected than a Libertarian, I'm afraid.

The fact that the Libertarians constantly nominate criminals and ne'er-do-wells hasn't helped them.

/just my two bits

On topic, I'm seeing Katrina and current events as a catalyst for more people buying firearms. However, beware what you wish for: There are lots of Liberals out there buying guns to protect themselves from Conservative "Tyranny".
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:47:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm willing to bet that louisiana will have a simlar gun ban like commiefornia..........that is if the congress doesn't enact a new AW ban, that will make the 94 one look like a pro-gun law........, which will be only  a matter of time before that happens, count on it.

I will bet you any amount of money you want that NO does NOT pass a gun ban and that Congress only passes one if it is taken over by the Democrats and a Democratic president is elected in 2008.

Forgetting Reagan?  

And GHWB 41.  Their bans are what really fuck with us as gunowners, and guess what their Republicans.  We need a GOP friendly Libertarian in office in 2008.  I do not see a difference between McCain and Hillary.

In all honesty- we need a Libertarian-friendly GOP'er. Much more likely to get elected than a Libertarian, I'm afraid.

The fact that the Libertarians constantly nominate criminals and ne'er-do-wells hasn't helped them.

/just my two bits

On topic, I'm seeing Katrina and current events as a catalyst for more people buying firearms. However, beware what you wish for: There are lots of Liberals out there buying guns to protect themselves from Conservative "Tyranny".

So?  They will eventually find themselves pro gun, and after that they will discover they can't be Democrats anymore.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forgetting Reagan?  

Gee golly whiz.  Ever do any research.  Those were passed by Dem Congress and were added to other bills which gun owners wanted.

Have you ever read the Libertarian Party's platform?  They are almost as bad as the DEMs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/just my two bits

So?  They will eventually find themselves pro gun, and after that they will discover they can't be Democrats anymore.  

Haha, I hadn't thought of it like that. I'd welcome them with open arms when they hear the "pop" as they remove their heads from their butts.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Everyone who reads this should donate $50 to the NRA-ILA.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forgetting Reagan?  

Gee golly whiz.  Ever do any research.  Those were passed by Dem Congress and were added to other bills which gun owners wanted.

Have you ever read the Libertarian Party's platform?  They are almost as bad as the DEMs.

Note the fact I said "GOP friendly Libertarian" in lame mans terms >>Right leaning<< and I do not mean Joe Scarbourough or Ron Paul.  I mean a libertarian who is Pro-Military and Anti-Government who has other policy focal points than the legalization of Marajuana.  They do exist.  The border/immigration situation can be brought to a happy median.  We need to use more force In Iraq by that I mean Syria and Iran.  We need more self sufficiency and a useful energy policy like using what is here.  There is a laundry list of things that need addressing neither party is doing anything about.  

The GOP is not doing what we elected them to do so what is your answer?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:09:39 AM EDT
[#10]
"lame mans terms"  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Every where I go, be it here in Tally or in Polk County, newspaper, T.V., CONSERVATIVE RADIO, from cops/NG/SO, and even on the street, the sheeple want MORE gun control...

Not sure I agree.   Even Bill OReilly said he was going to buy a gun.....
I'm hearing plenty the other way around.

+1

I've been the "Dear Abby" of firearms to every unarmed sheep I know since this started.

I'm only too glad to oblige.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Already told the Fire Chief as i tell evrry new firechief elected in my department.

Search parties I will have a .45 on for Snakes, Bears or the Foul Play the person might have run into!! Not open for Discussion, If he feels diffrently then i will not respond!!

Now ammended to add. "If there is any hint it is a terrorist incident or other lawlessness that caused the dispatch, there will be not only a .45 on my hip but an Ar-15 on my shoulder, Deal with it!!!"

I too have noticed since 9-11-01 even more liberals are facing the reality that the World is a dangerous place and all the group hugs in the world won't change that, and that you either gain the capability to become violent if necesary yourself or you will be consumed by the evil doers who start the violence!!

I've heard it stated before "Liberals are just someone who hasn't been a crime victim yet!"
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Katrina, gun control???  

All Katrina has proven was how the system can't protect you when the SHTF so you are basically on your own.  

Anyone pushing gun control and using Katrina/NOLA as an example will look like an idiot because they can not guarantee anyones safety from the thugs and looters if something like this ever happens again.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top