Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2001 6:56:58 AM EDT
Former FBI Agent's Gun Used to Kill Marine Recruit
The Washington Post says some of the hundreds of guns reported missing by the FBI (news - web sites) have been linked to a murder in Prince William County.

Two teen-agers were charged Thursday in last week's shooting death of an 18-year-old Marine recruit.

The Post says the teen-agers also are accused of [b]stealing three guns from the home of a deceased FBI agent, including two service weapons and one personal firearm.[/b]

Authorities say the weapon that was used to kill William Williams II was the agent's personal weapon and not issued by the FBI. But law enforcement officials tell The Post that none of the firearms should have made it into the hands of the juveniles.

[b]wow, what a conclusion. The juveniles stole them!!  I sense another crazy law on the horizon.[/b]

The incident is being investigated by the FBI's Washington field office.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It should be against the law to steal a firearm that doesn't belong to you. It should also be illegal to kill someone. We need some sensible laws.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#2]
447 to go.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:09:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It should be against the law to steal a firearm that doesn't belong to you. It should also be illegal to kill someone. We need some sensible laws.
View Quote
My thoughts exactly.  We should make these crimes [b]really REALLY[/b] illegal.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Because, like, if it was illegal and stuff...people would know it was bad to steal and kill. Kitties are fuzzy.

FMCDH
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

------------------
"The best way to deal with a person with a gun is to say, 'I know you're upset.' Compassion is the answer. They are human beings and want the same things I do. Try to be compassionate with them and relate to them."
--Jessica Flag, Million Mom March participant
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Do you mean stealing someones property is illegal?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#6]
But what if I had an unhappy childhood?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought all Marines where bullet-proof. Of course he was just a recruit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree, we do need more laws.  If we made guns totally illegal, nobody would have them except the police and the military.  Sure, some badguys would have them, but in time they would go away.  I think for the good of all (especially the children), we should all sacrifice our safety and ban all guns.

What did Benjamin Franklin say?  "He who sacrifices liberty for security deserves both".

I think it's about time we have some common-sense gun legislation.

[puke]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I thought all Marines where bullet-proof. Of course he was just a recruit.
View Quote

[V]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#10]
If that was an agency weapon then they should pass a law that says all duty weapons will be left at work.  That way when they leave the building they are like the rest of us and have to apply for a permit to carry a weapon.  If the state doesn't issue them to the populous then the police don't get them when they are off duty either.  This may have stopped this problem for the FBI and may change the attitudes of many officers on the CCW issue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Ditto that was a rude thinng to say, The recruit died, it is not a joke.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#12]
NO, marines are not bullet proof, they are bullet stoppers.
GG
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If that was an agency weapon then they should pass a law that says all duty weapons will be left at work.  That way when they leave the building they are like the rest of us and have to apply for a permit to carry a weapon.  If the state doesn't issue them to the populous then the police don't get them when they are off duty either.  This may have stopped this problem for the FBI and may change the attitudes of many officers on the CCW issue.
View Quote
i like that idea same with high cap mags and post 86 mgs and all the other stuff leos can have but i cant
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#14]
For the record I am a former Marine
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I thought there was no such thing as a "former" marine, "semper fi" and all.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#16]
...how did those teenagers get onto Parris Island to kill a recruit, anyway?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Major Murphy:
View Quote
shot him when he was off base?
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Have things changed?  When I was in the Corps stationed in NC, MD would have been "out of bounds" meaning too far away to go on liberty. Paris Island is further south than LeJeune.

Also as a recruit we NEVER could leave unless some dire emergency.  

Perhaps the victim had enlisted but had not yet left for boot camp & thus they refer to him as a recruit. Maybe the press likes to refer to Marines fresh out of boot camp as recruits.

I hope the Corps hasn't softened up more than I thought.

No matter what, I'm sorry the guy got whacked. Now I hope some slick attorney doesn't get the shooters off as being afraid for their lives from a trained killer Marine.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Was the gun that killed the marine a semi-automatic?  The news media seems to be fixated on the word "semi-automatic" these days.  I guess it is worse if it was done with a pistol rather than a revolver. But one thing for sure, the poor guy is just as dead, whether he was a shot with a revolver or a pistol.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Major Murphy:
View Quote
shot him when he was off base?
View Quote
He was probably in DEP. But I don't know why they would call him a recruit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top