Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#1]

'89 Fender American Strat w/ carvin single coil humbucker and Fender Deluxe 85.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/jadams951/Guitar-2005.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/jadams951/GuitarAmp.jpg

Dig the pictogram!

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I digress though... Is that REAL diamond plate on the explorer or is that a custom job?

Yes it is real diamond plate.  I built that guitar myself for my Senior Project in High School, I ordered all the parts from Warmoth, except the pickups which I had to get elsewhere.  So I went down to a local warehouse where they build boats and I asked if I could have a peice of scrap aluminum diamond plate for my project, so I got a peice and spent about 20 hours in my schools metal shop cutting and shaping the plate to my guitar.  I mostly used a plasma cutter, router, and belt sander for the job, then I polished it all up and screwed it onto the face of my guitar.  It was a lot of fun, but I never play it because 1. I don't really care for tremelos as I use the bridge as an anchor for my hand, 2. the neck is not to my liking (it has stainless steel apex frets, kinda strange) and 3 the tone is so unlike my other guitars.  So it just not so suitable to me, but it looks sweet and has sentimental value.  You can check out my little page on the Warmoth website if you want:
www.warmoth.com/gallery/guitar/misc/brianhames.htm

Brian

What kind of tone does it have- real tinny and metallic?  Lots of harmonics?  

Actually its tone is pretty deep, a little to muddy for my tastes, probably due to the constuction and the EMG 89 in the neck, but I have that EMG-EXG (I think thats what its called), which boosts the highs and lows and cuts the mids, but it dosen't seem to do a whole lot.  I haven't picked it up in eons, maybe I should tool around with it some more.

Brian
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dig the pictogram!

If you want some there is a guy selling them over on HKPRO.com for like $4
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dig the pictogram!

If you want some there is a guy selling them over on HKPRO.com for like $4

Thanks for the heads up...me likey!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:56:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Figured I'll add mine
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice spread, but why look at instruments when you can hear them play?  

www.myspace.com/orangedimension

That is the webpage for my band, Orange Dimension, and if you have a Myspace account you can see the band photo of us with our instruments.  I am playing my electric blue Ibanez SGR200 bass through a Fender Rumble 100, with a Rocktron Austin Gold distortion pedal occasionally used for a little extra growl and volume.

Ha, a hijack to turn this into a music techie and band thread!

BTW, are the Playschool toys in the background to keep the drummer happy during set breaks?

[ETA]  OK, to get things back on track...how long have you been playing bass/guitar?  what style of music do you play?

[EAT2]  fixed link to band...

Orange Dimension has 9 10 friends.  Including ME!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's an old pic of my Martin DX-1.  The collection has grown considerably since then... (guitars and guns)
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nice spread, but why look at instruments when you can hear them play?  

Well,
I'm playing on this one...

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000676N/103-9961338-2390220?v=glance

Rich
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top