BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather see good ole Louisiana coonasses and rednecks down there protecting the ones that want to do good (or came to the realization they f'ed up by staying) and then kicking ass and taking names of the 10%ers.

Are you referring to the LNG PFC "Coonasses?"

Do you think you could find a little more respectful term to use regarding our Troops?

No, he's referring to the  local-yokels...

Basically saying he'd rather see a local 'vigilance committee' kicking looter ass a/o the Army getting some more MOUT practice...
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
When you take your swear in oath it is to protect this country from all foes,even domestic!!!

When 80 percent of the people of NO leave at the demand of the local Government,the remaining 20 percent(maybe ten percent can't leave)and 10 percent stay because they think it will be as the last Hurricains!

And that 10 percent stay because they think the storm will petter out and they will be safe to loot!!!

You don't see pictures of people in wheel chairs looting,just the young healthy lions!!!

I know some are there because of circumstances beyound thier control,but many are there just for the chance to loot and steal(they didn't know the leveys were actually going to give way)and they would have no where to take and hourd thier stash!!!!

They are the ones that will get what they deserve when the man in uniform comes!!!

I say good job for our men in uniform!!!!    You know that there is another storm brewing right now!!!

May God help the responders!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What are the chances of embedded journalist and videos of the operations?

That will happen. On a side note, I can see the name for the video game already: "Grand Theft Auto meets Big Easy Looters meets the 82nd Airborne."

GHOST RECON

" THE BIG EASY"

I like the sound of that
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[
I've been trying to remain upbeat but this is just beyond all belief.  

It's all pretty unreal and hard to believe.  How many Farah "Skyhook" Aidids are running around over there?

The parallels to Somalia are pretty sad - U.S GHETTO. compared to a 3rd world jungle.

fixed it
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:52:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Troops begin combat operations in New Orleans

Our country has been officially flushed down the shitter.  hr

Well, maybe it's just in the toilet and turning clockwise.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:55:40 PM EDT
[#7]
So when can we expect "Combat Operations" along the southern borders of the United States?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a real hard time stomaching the thought of troops being called in clear and sweep NO.  Cordon off the city and let them come out when they are hungry.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
American troops in New Orleans is hardly a laughing matter.  For one thing, some American soldiers may die, tragically at the hands of someone they thought they were helping.  Secondly, American soldiers are now authorized to kill, to conduct "combat operations" in America against Americans.  Granted, it is needed, but it is tragic and sobering.  It is not something we want to get into a habit of.

What this guy said.

This is a disgrace. It will be a black mark on American History for generations.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm surprised nobody has called for the nuking of N.O.....

Really though...I think they should announce an amnesty period wherein civic leaders could ask for people remaining in N.O. to evac.  After that, send in the Army.

I'll be utterly disgusted if 1 person is killed by a N.O. insurgent.  It was pretty disgusting already with the National Guardsman being shot.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So when can we expect "Combat Operations" along the southern borders of the United States?

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
American troops in New Orleans is hardly a laughing matter.  For one thing, some American soldiers may die, tragically at the hands of someone they thought they were helping.  Secondly, American soldiers are now authorized to kill, to conduct "combat operations" in America against Americans.  Granted, it is needed, but it is tragic and sobering.  It is not something we want to get into a habit of.

The NG will be conducting 'combat ops' in NO, not active duty. The NG reports directly up to the Govenor of the state. She will be responsible(Iknow ) for the NG.

The active duty soldiers there are conducting humantarian ops.  They will likely stay away from the  warlords thugs, for political reasons. ( and rightly so, I might add)
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:06:12 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are still in NO, and NOT waiting to be rescued, armed, and running around with a bunch of thugs shooting at the people who are there to help the people who actually WANT to be helped...then you deserve everything that's coming your way. As soon as those 5.56's start flying those fuckers will be shitting bricks and assuming thier usual postions...

...face down, fingers locked and hands on thier heads.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Fucking asshat.
What the fuck do you think happened during the 1989 World Series you stupid assfucked moron.
People were not going around shooting the police and national guard, they were going into burning buildings and into the FUCKING FREEWAY OVERPASS/BRIDGE to pull people out of crushed cars.

Did SoCal fall into anarchy when the I-10 and the I-5/I-14 connector bridge fell down during the Northrige quake? No, people were helping the homeless out, giving them shelter and feeding them.

Shut the fuck up.

Quoted:
Just wait until there's an earthquake in LA again.  South Central will make this look like Kindergarten.

G

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A serious Wake Up call for many.

The Silver Lining

Did for me. Kicked me from "planning" into "doing."  

This entire week has been a huge learning experience for me.

I hope you've checked in at the Survival Forum.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd rather see good ole Louisiana coonasses and rednecks down there protecting the ones that want to do good (or came to the realization they f'ed up by staying) and then kicking ass and taking names of the 10%ers.

Are you referring to the LNG PFC "Coonasses?"

Do you think you could find a little more respectful term to use regarding our Troops?

You're from Alabama - I'm surprised you're not familiar w/ the terminology.

I'm 99.9% certain that he's referring to the locals.  BTW, I'm a coonass.  Personally, I don't find the term disrespectful.

FWIW, I've got plenty of family over there.  Well, I hope they're not there anymore.  They should have gotten the fuck out.  They may be alive, they may be dead - I really don't know.

If they are still there, and are doing nothing about the looters and shooters, they are part of the problem.*  If they are still there, and are looting, they should be shot.  I would just prefer the shooting was done by concerned citizens than by people who should be in Iraq/A-stan (or home w/ their families) right now.

Jake.

* After hearing about the ppl shooting at rescuers, and New Orleanians bitching about the rescue effort taking too long, my wife looked confused for a second, then mad.  She says: "If I was waiting on a helicopter to rescue me, and some assholes started shooting at it, I'd kill them."  God, I do love that woman..........
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Okay i have to ask i have seen and heard the term coonass
what does it really mean bayou dweller? cajin decent?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:30:00 AM EDT
[#18]

The NG will be conducting 'combat ops' in NO, not active duty. The NG reports directly up to the Govenor of the state. She will be responsible(Iknow ) for the NG.

The active duty soldiers there are conducting humantarian ops.  They will likely stay away from the  warlords thugs, for political reasons. ( and rightly so, I might add)

which is really somewhat sad,based on past experience with both.no mudslinging or anything of that nature,i'm just saying that i think the Regular Army guys should take care of the more serious issues.some might think that they would be overly aggressive,and in some cases,that may be called for,but overall,they're seasoned units used to weird shit going on, and they're more likely to remain cool under fire or in adverse situations,in spite of their natural aggression.harder to explain than to accept when you're the one in their boots. with all the looting,shooting,etc going on down there, with a high civilian population,i think i'd rather have someone exposed to millions of rounds per year in training working around it and executing the ROE,than someone who qualifies once or twice a year,and that's about it. once again,not knocking the LANG,just saying,i think experience should be taken into account;in spite of views shown on the news and popular opinion, Active Duty troops do not just shoot at anything that moves.however,if it moves and it's identified as hostile, then it is shot at alot.... but generally speaking,AD personnel are going to identify their targets before they shoot.in the end,may be safer all around
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:24:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Really not much difference.  National Guardsmen are Federal troops, wether the state is employing them or not.  They are federally trained, they have federal time (in Iraq), and all the weapons they will employ against looters are federally owned.  Either way, I hope they kick some ass and stay safe so we can get this cleaned up quickly.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:44:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Welcome to the jungle, baby.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:18:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Okay i have to ask i have seen and heard the term coonass
what does it really mean bayou dweller? cajin decent?

I don't mind answering.  It was originally an epithet for Cajuns.

There are two major origin theories.  The "original" one is that it was a corruption of the French "conasse" (which essentially translates as "dirty whore") that the "real" French used toward Cajuns when the "real French" pussies overheard Cajun GIs speaking their "corrupted" version of French during WWII.  While it sounds about par for the course, the word actually predates WWII.

The one I subscribe to, and which makes more sense, is that it originated over here.  Cajuns were long considered the "other blacks" in LA.  So, if they didn't like "coons," you can imagine how much they liked Cajuns to call them "coon's asses" or "coonasses."
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
At least there is not hoards of skinnies fatties with AK's and RPG's

Get-some

Taffy

I hope you guys get this under control real soon.

fixed it for ya, none of the people I've seen on TV are skinny, most of them are grossly over weight.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If US troops are engaged in combat action against US citizens on US soil,  THAT is a direct and clear violation of the Posse Comitatus act,  in simple fact.    No "exceptions"  change that fact.

This is a bad day for America.

I don't say that something shouldn't be done...but our own armed services should not be the ones to
engage the remaining criminals in combat.      If the police won't do it, then perhaps volunteers would do it.   Volunteers with prior training and experience, of course.

CJ

so if 1/3-2/3 of the New Orleans cops didn't show/bailed/were incapable of responding to this disaster, how're they going to get that many "volunteers",not to mention they'd have to be screened in some way or another if they're doing anything LE related. Not quite practical,in my opinion.And personally,in my opinion,i'd rather have a trained soldier with a loaded weapon than a "volunteer",who could fit a variety of descriptions.but that's just me
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If US troops are engaged in combat action against US citizens on US soil,  THAT is a direct and clear violation of the Posse Comitatus act,  in simple fact.    No "exceptions"  change that fact.

This is a bad day for America.

I don't say that something shouldn't be done...but our own armed services should not be the ones to
engage the remaining criminals in combat.      If the police won't do it, then perhaps volunteers would do it.   Volunteers with prior training and experience, of course.

CJ

Don't know what the scope or background of your legal training is. . . .   Here's the language of the Posse Comitatus Act:

18 U.S.C. § 1385.  Use of Army and Air Force as posse comitatus

Whoever, except in cases and under circumstances expressly authorized by the Constitution or Act of Congress, willfully uses any part of the Army or the Air Force as a posse comitatus or otherwise to execute the laws shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.

The "exceptions" include the Constitution and other laws.  There is a very powerful Article II Constittuional argument on behalf of the President's actions in ordering the military to N.O. and the Constituion always trumps statutes, including the Posse Comitatus Act.  From a headnote on an opinion of the U.S. Attorney General:

President has power, under Constitution [Const. art. 2, § 1, cl. 1] and laws of United States, to call national guard into federal service and use those forces, together with such of armed forces as he deems necessary, to suppress domestic violence, obstruction, and resistance to federal law and federal court orders; and such power is not impaired by 18 USCS § 1385.  

41 Op Atty Gen 313 (1957).

There are also other statutory authorities that would authorize the military's involvement in N.O.  As well, by its plain terms, the Posse Comitatus Act does not apply to the Navy or the Coast Guard.  Finally, it does not prohibit the Army or the Air Force from aiding in the execution of laws.  

Of course, your legal training may have led you to a different conclusion.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#26]
The NG is not the Army.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Due to these anarchists, my family appreciates the arsenal I have at the ready.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The NG is not the Army.

actually, the NG is an army, created by the authority of the US government to "raise armies".  it is neither paramilitary nor militia, and is utterly subject to the USAR's chain of command.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I wonder how long before the media plays this off as ethnic cleansing
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The NG is not the Army.

actually, the NG is an army, created by the authority of the US government to "raise armies".  it is neither paramilitary nor militia, and is utterly subject to the USAR's chain of command.

The National Guard, Army and Air, has dual status under the law.  It can operate as a state actor, or as a federal actor.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Some chatter on the LNG stream - should open up in Windows Media player -

205.252.89.181:8000/live.m3u

Tagged for scanner.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The NG is not the Army.

i don't think anyone was speaking technically,i just think they meant that the NG is not the same as Regular Army,which no one can really argue.it's not a derogatory thing,i think the point is that they each have differing levels of experience and are both good in their own areas.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
At least there is not hoards of skinnies fatties with AK's and RPG's

Get-some

Taffy

I hope you guys get this under control real soon.

fixed it for ya, none of the people I've seen on TV are skinny, most of them are grossly over weight.

That's what happens when you combine:

a) a feeding tube directly from the state's teat into your mouth, and
b) people who only get up off of their asses to cash checks
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
i don't think anyone was speaking technically,i just think they meant that the NG is not the same as Regular Army,which no one can really argue.it's not a derogatory thing,i think the point is that they each have differing levels of experience and are both good in their own areas.

Not really true, and it varies from unit to unit.  Many National Guard soldiers are former active soldiers finishing up their time.  More importantly, many National Guard units just spent a year in Iraq, and are proficient at their jobs; especially in a hostile urban environment.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#35]
this,too,is true,it does vary. and yes,there has been much experience to be had,and thankfully,i believe the NG does have more former active troops than it did (i have nothing to back that up with,though). but i still believe that NG and RA put emphasis on different things,and they should both be used to their fullest extent.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top