Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The age we live in is so sad, absolutely no respect for anything.

welcome to the new america. only holywood and athletes are worthy of anything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cant believe these people, just because of a farking hurricane, they think they have the right to raid museams that hold Americas history?!

What makes you think they give a fuck about American history? American history to them is nothing but a plow and a whip. They hate the country that guarantees the freedoms they are too stupid to realize they have.

The more I see of their behavior, the more of them I hope die. Yes, I said it. I just hope the death is limited to the guilty.

Fucking savages. If the FF had known about this, they'd have picked their own GD cotton.

Then, of course, thay fall back on their one-trick pony: RACISM! It's all about racism! The looters are innocent! After all, there's SO MUCH that's critical for life in the D-Day museum or the local Best Buy!

Fuck them all. Let them rot.

+1

+1  Says everything. Those freedoms they take for granted also keep the army from sweeping in and leveling the landscape.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Frickin animals.

Now I wonder why all those brothers and sisters refused to get on the cruise boats. Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#4]
You know, after reading this yesterday, and thinking about some more last nite and this morning...
I'm still pissed off about this.
I have really lost any respect that I had for this whole thing.
I was watching Fox last nite and some "professor" was trying to justify looting to the reporter.
I just wanted to reach thru the TV and pound on him.
Better yet, make this "professor" go down there and clean up the museum.
I'm still pissed off.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:56:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does that mean Thompsons, BARs, and Garands are loose on the street??

Most likely. They had a nice selection of period weapons in glass cases. Not sure if they were operational or not.

Holy crap!

Garands in the hands of those looters....is just.....obscene.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I attended the grand opening of the National D-Day Museum with my family, and it was one of the most memorable events of my life.

We went back for the grand opening of the Pacific wing a couple of years later and took my grandfather (a WWII pilot) on what would be his last trip before he passed away.

In addition to all of the other information that has come out of NO, this news is heartbreaking.  It's something I have feared since I first heard about Katrina.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I have read on at least one other site that there was at least one caretaker that stayed in the museum and it was not looted.  Maybe we should wait for the real story before we condemn the world.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Doggone it... I hadn't been able to get there when I was in NOLA.

Chalk up one more thing not to put in a city under sea level: Priceless historical artifacts.

On a slightly lighter note... wonder if it was a survival type? A working DUCKW or Higgins Boat would have been very valuable in the aftermath.

w00t! A DUKW would kick-ass in N'awlins right now.

tanxheaven.com/ljs/dukwljs/06-GMC-DUKW-353,Best.jpg

Just on GP I'd choke someone to have a DUKW.

I've seen on one of the news channels (I think it was CNN) where the reporter was riding along on a DUKW as it was being used to rescue people in NO.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:41:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Sad very sad
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]
What a damn disrespect to those honored in that museum. There is no place in this country for those shitbags.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Excellent News!!!

D-Day Museum
The Museum's web presence will be back shortly. Steve G. from I-55.com was just up here to fetch some rails for the server. He reports that the Museum took minimal storm damage but was broken into by looters. Somehow the exhibits were not infiltrated though.

Tom Brokaw will be broadcasting from that location tomorrow night.

www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Last report that I heard said that all of the artifacts are safe .
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Excellent News!!!

D-Day Museum
The Museum's web presence will be back shortly. Steve G. from I-55.com was just up here to fetch some rails for the server. He reports that the Museum took minimal storm damage but was broken into by looters. Somehow the exhibits were not infiltrated though.

Tom Brokaw will be broadcasting from that location tomorrow night.

www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/

Personally, I think it would be very very bad juju to screw with those artifacts.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top