BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Departments are not going to cover any liability to officers who go to this.  

In a city filled with people looking to make a quick buck, what does an officer have to prevent getting sued, and losing his/ her house in a BS lawsuit that is all too common?  I don't have 10k to hire a lawyer just to clear my good name.  If you think the ACLU and others aren't all over this looking for scapegoats, you are insane.

Secondly, health care costs are not going to be absorbed by the department of the officer who takes this.  Tell your Admin Lt that you can't return to work because you sprained your ankle, or caught the flu/ plague/ Hep A or B, and see if you job is waiting when you come back. Who gets you medical care down there, or when you get back?

I'm not trying to rain on any officers parade, but I would be overlooking my duty to my brothers and sisters if I didn't bring these things up.  Please look at these issues and see how they relate to you.  Consider your options, is all I'm asking.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
$400 a day may be decent money down there, but its not going to sway many larger departments....

Man Stick $400/day is 2k a week......never heard of any LEO making that $.  I am a guy that was fulltime LE then went into personal business and stayed on as a reserve so I could keep all my certifications.

I own my own business now with my wife and I don't make $400 a day here.  This is a good deal.  I do agree they need to look at retierd Officers/Military Vets also.  I bet they will if they can't get enough qualified guys.

The LEO and other branches make that and more here on Long Island, NY.

They had an article here about a month abgo where a few officers made in excess of 150Khr

Good point, but cost of living in NY vs OK?  For instance I pay less than $700 a month on a new brick home with 3 bed rooms over 2000 sq ft. and 20 acres.........15 year loan.

Just fyi Shootemup, thanks for the post too, I like learning new things...good post.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My health care situation would be good. I have aflac coverage on top of my City plan. I have a crap load of vacation available to. My only problem will be clearing it with the X2 and desciding if I want to be away from my  3yoa son for that length of time which will be a tough one. I wonder if TMPA would cover me there since you are acting in an LEO capacity or just as a security guard?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Departments are not going to cover any liability to officers who go to this.  

In a city filled with people looking to make a quick buck, what does an officer have to prevent getting sued, and losing his/ her house in a BS lawsuit that is all too common?  I don't have 10k to hire a lawyer just to clear my good name.  If you think the ACLU and others aren't all over this looking for scapegoats, you are insane.

Secondly, health care costs are not going to be absorbed by the department of the officer who takes this.  Tell your Admin Lt that you can't return to work because you sprained your ankle, or caught the flu/ plague/ Hep A or B, and see if you job is waiting when you come back. Who gets you medical care down there, or when you get back?

I'm not trying to rain on any officers parade, but I would be overlooking my duty to my brothers and sisters if I didn't bring these things up.  Please look at these issues and see how they relate to you.  Consider your options, is all I'm asking.  

Thanks Stickman, but looks like I am going there Sunday.  Want to 'do something'  my Cheif is going with another detail to a different part of LA.  I honestly get sick to see the things I see on TV, but I feel like I need to go?? Don't know why, not just the money, may not even be the money, I just feel like I need to go.........

Like I said I have my own business I don't need the money.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#6]
FYI...All officers deployed wioth us are covered under our liability insurance and our workman's comp insurance. Also, all officers that are not up to date on tetanus or hep can get a booster at our client's ICP.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
400 a day for two weeks is better than 1K a day in iraq for months.
If my dept wasn't so short handed, I'd be all over this
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I as a private citizen with copious amounts of firepower am available for private security work. My rates are $165 per hour plus travel and billeting. please IM me for more details......
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
FYI...All officers deployed wioth us are covered under our liability insurance and our workman's comp insurance. Also, all officers that are not up to date on tetanus or hep can get a booster at our client's ICP.

Stickman, do you have any other issues that you would like to ask about? If so, PM me or call me (I'd like to talk to you personally). My number is posted.

You are busier than you probably wish to be right now, and you were kind enough to answer all of my questions via PM, which I thank you for.  

My primary fears were regarding liabilty to officers, and their exposure/ medical issues.  It seems you have these things well in hand, which speaks well for your company.  I've dealt with, and heard of too many companies right now which do not take care of their contractors as well.  I especially like the Tetanus and Hep boosters being available, as I think it is a serious concern.

Thankyou for taking the time to reply, my goal was not to take clients or contractors away, but to protect those I care about.  I think our words back and forth have shown you as being more than capable of doing that, and I thankyou for your time.

Good luck with getting a full crew, and good luck to those that go.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Waiting for am to speak with employer, so I can go & help
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#11]
If they would take veterans I'd go tommorow. What I lack in LE certification I make up for with real world force protection experience. And I have my own gear.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#12]
This REALLY makes me wish I hadn't already used up all my vacation time this year. Otherwise, I'd be all over it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
It's rabbit season in New Orleans.

I would be there in a nanosecond
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#14]
tag
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I found out I would have to take 60 hrs of ceu's to get my status current. I can't go.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got off the phone with them and I might be going on the 2nd rotation of the contract is still good. So will see if I can arrange the time off.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#17]
As a former LEO, I am not current so I am out of this on this side. However it sounds like we have the same client. I have boots on the ground providing medical to the power crews, and my son is one of them. I had to stay behind to help run the company (management) the customer takes very good care of my people with long days good food and great pay.
My son is 22 college student, with current med. cert and is making about $535 per day. for you LEO's if you can go for it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:19:35 AM EDT
[#18]
We will be neededing officers for the rotation during the period 17 September through 1 October (or later). Call our office and speak to Mandy on Monday: (727) 461-9417.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It is a shame that one has to be a Certified LEO. There are a lot of guys out there that are willing and capable that have prior military training and their their own weapons and gear. Hell, I would go, but I am not an LEO.I would even take leave from TSA.

I was going to say the same thing.  

ETA: Does becoming certified involve attending a weeks-long academy or is there some test I could take?  I'm a quick study, so if there's a test just tell me what I need to do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:37:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks. I know there are a lot of good guys out there that would be more than capable, but there are a lot of issues that restrict us to licensed security personnel and certified LEOs...Reciprocity established between Florida (our State) and Louisiana, liability insurance, background investigation requirements, standards of training, etc...

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#21]
"Pay Rate: $400 per day (Day Rate)"  

Another firm offering illegal compensation (Recon Scout, if you are associated with this firm, please take this as advice that will keep you out of serious trouble).

I am constantly bemused by the number of firms that PUBLICLY offer to pay people in a manner that is illegal.

Just because its a disaster doesn't mean the Fair Labor Standards Act goes away.  Nor does the US Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.

Except for positions that are legtimately exempt as per the law, anything over 40 hours is overtime.  "Daily rates" for hourly work are illegal.  Security companies aren't exempted from the law (hell, police departments aren't).

Agreements and contracts that are based on illegal actions are null and void.

DOL W&H would investigate this and say "You (Critical Intervention Services) hired people for $400 a day  which divided by an 8-hour work day is $50 an hour.  That's the 'effective hourly rate' and the overtime rate is $75.

"And during this pay period Joe Blow worked 12 hours a day for 7 days a week or 84 hours a week.  That's 40 hours straight time and 44 hours over time each week or 80 hours straight time and 88 hours overtime for the pay period.  You paid Joe $5600.  You should have paid him (according to our 'effective rate' calculation) $10,600 ($4,000 straight time and $6,600 overtime).

"You have 30 days to pay Joe the $6,000 you owe him and the other 199 people you paid that way." $1,200,000 is a LOT of money...  I doubt this contract has unobligated funds in it to cover this situation.

That's how companies go bankrupt.

And are people expected to work beyond 12 hours a day?  The FLSA says you can deduct meal periods and a sleep period if it is 8 hours of uninterrupted rest (workers don't have to sleep, just have the opportunity to do so).  Wake the guy up and its all paid time (ask the Cumberland County NC EMS what the results of their DOL inspection was) because the worker is being "paid to wait".  So, you could wind up paying a 21 hour day (if meal periods are available).  That's a 147 hour workweek (40 ST and 107 OT).  Joe would see a $14,450 check after DOL got through with THAT!  

Using my 200 man work force example, if $1.2 million is high, $2.89 million is really going to bankrupt a company.

The only way to do it is to basically pay people for every hour they are working and adjust the hourly rate down until you are paying a rate equivalent to $400 a day.  But then guys sneer at the job when they see they are paid $28 an hour ($42 OT) a day for a 12 hour day or $13.97 for a 23 hour day.  Its hard to get people to divorce the hourly rate from the coins it produces.

That $400 just sounds sooooo much simpler / kewler.

And it doesn't matter if Joe and his boss think its okay to pay this way.  Its illegal.  Do it because you don't know better and DOL W&H won't fine you...  but, if they think you did it deliberately?  Katey bar the door!

All it takes is ONE (perhaps disgruntled) employee calling DOL W&H.

So pay a hourly rate that equals $400 a day for the max number of hours people will work and have employee-produced timesheets to back that up (another hint - timesheets must be done by the employee).

And Critical Intervention Services can't use the "independent contractor" dodge, based on what has been posted here reference workman's compensation.

Again, frinedly advice from a guy who once worked for a business run by a guy that deliberately flounted labor law and got repeatedly caught.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:45:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Just not a smart move at this point IMHO.  First of all I can make that here no problem and do when I ant to. Second, the liability factor really concerns me. You will be going into "go time" situataions and I dont think I want to deal with the potential liabiltiy. I could see it if you went at the states request with your department as a group.  I mean this is not Iraq and those animals down there are quick to call Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and raise hell when they are caught doing something wrong. Screw them, why should anyone put there ass on the line for thise who dont give a damn about anyone. Hell, they were shooting at the cops trying to save there asses.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Another firm offering illegal compensation (Recon Scout, if you are associated with this firm, please take this as advice that will keep you out of serious trouble).

I am constantly bemused by the number of firms that PUBLICLY offer to pay people in a manner that is illegal.

Just because its a disaster doesn't mean the Fair Labor Standards Act goes away.  Nor does the US Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.

Except for positions that are legtimately exempt as per the law, anything over 40 hours is overtime.  "Daily rates" for hourly work are illegal.  Security companies aren't exempted from the law (hell, police departments aren't).

DOL W&H would investigate this and say "You (Critical Intervention Services) hired people for $400 a day  which divided by an 8-hour work day is $50 an hour.  That's the 'effective hourly rate' and the overtime rate is $75.

"And during this pay period Joe Blow worked 12 hours a day for 7 days a week or 84 hours a week.  That's 40 hours straight time and 44 hours over time each week or 80 hours straight time and 88 hours overtime for the pay period.  You paid Joe $5600.  You should have paid him (according to our 'effective rate' calculation) $10,600 ($4,000 straight time and $6,600 overtime).

"You have 30 days to pay Joe the $6,000 you owe him and the other 199 people you paid that way." $1,200,000 is a LOT of money...  I doubt this contract has unobligated funds in it to cover this situation.

And are people expected to work beyond 12 hours a day?  The FLSA says you can deduct meal periods and a sleep period if it is 8 hours of uninterrupted rest (workers don't have to sleep, just have the opportunity to do so).  Wake the guy up and its all paid time (ask the Cumberland County NC EMS what the results of their DOL inspection was) because the worker is being "paid to wait".  So, you could wind up paying a 21 hour day (if meal periods are available).  That's a 147 hour workweek (40 ST and 107 OT).  Joe would see a $14,450 check after DOL got through with THAT!  

Using my 200 man work force example, if $1.2 million is high, $2.89 million is really going to bankrupt a company.

The only way to do it is to basically pay people for every hour they are working and adjust the hourly rate down until you are paying a rate equivalent to $400 a day.  But then guys sneer at the job when they see they are paid $28 an hour ($42 OT) a day for a 12 hour day or $13.97 for a 23 hour day.  Its hard to get people to divorce the hourly rate from the coins it produces.

And it doesn't matter if Joe and his boss think its okay to pay this way.  Its illegal.  Do it because you don't know better and DOL W&H won't fine you...  but, if they think you did it deliberately?  Katey bar the door!

So pay a hourly rate that equals $400 a day for the max number of hours people will work and have employee-produced timesheets to back that up (another hint - timesheets must be done by the employee).

And Critical Intervention Services can't use the "independent contractor" dodge, based on what has been posted here reference workman's compensation.

Again, frinedly advice from a guy who once worked for a business run by a guy that deliberately flounted labor law and got repeatedly caught.

Salary?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Salary?

Or simply hire the LEO as a self employed contractor for a set daily figure on a 1099 schedule ???
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shouldn't this be about helping people out and not money!

EDITED as I think I was coming across wrong to a lot of people.

They should be taking military police and paying them for it.  Let those guys take leave and make some money.  They are horribly underpaid and unappreciated by just about the entire military.  

Stick Most Excellent Point.  Two of my buddies here in Oklahoma just came into my store while ago they are National Guard, just back from Iraq and got activated tonight.

How much money they making a day with the Gurard here in OK? $50 a day!!! That is Wrong.  The military are dumped on a bit.

I saw your posts before the edit, I don't take you wrong, I'd just like your pay rate if you think $400 a day isn't good.  Don't know what your cost of living is either man.  

Take Care Stick...You produce some good "think about it" posts.

Well, this is going to be my first post here, I dont mean to step on anyone's toes or ruffle feathers, but I have to reply to this. I have heard it mention several times about accepting MP trained personnel or just persons with prior military experience. First of all, I did 20 years in the Army as an 11B, When I retired and started working for a mid-size PD here in TN. The only advantage that I gained from my military experience was I was way ahead on Tactics and weapons handling skills compared to the people with no prior military experience. While these are critical skills, you need to know the law. And where TN and LA law may be different in ways, it is also the same in a lot of ways. Learning the Tennessee Code Annotated was about the only thing that really stressed me out while in the Academy. I thought I had a good grasp on "the Law", but I was really surprised to find out how much I didnt know. I realized that I had a lot of misconceptions about the law. And it just boils down to training. Cops are pretty much cops anywhere.
    I am currently working as a Civilian Police Officer on Ft Campbell. I work with the MP's on a daily basis. For the most part, they are all a bunch of great people. But, the truth of the matter is, that Law Enforcement is really not their primary mission. On Ft Campbell, we have the distinct honor of having to enforce  TN, KY, US Code, and UCMJ violations. The majority of the MP's that I work with, really have no desire to "work the road". Other than some basic traffic laws, they really dont know the majority of the laws that we have to enforce here. When I was still in, at one time I wanted to be an MP, my reasoning was that when I retired I wanted to get into Civilian Law enforcement, I thought that the experience would be good. Hindsight being what it is, I was better off staying in the Infantry. Im tired, not sure that any of this makes sense, and again, I dont wish to piss anyone off. But, I think that these companies are doing the right thing by requiring LE certification.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#27]
AZ-K9

To be paid "salaries" (that is to say, a fixed rate of compensation regardless of hours worked) a worker must meet the legal test to be "exempt" from the hourly wage provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.  A DOL page with information on that can be found here.

Security guards do not meet the executive, administrative, professional or outside sales tests - even certified LEO hired as security guards.  I know that LEO consider themselves "professionals" but they are not 'professionals' by this standard (which is why LEO are paid hourly and get overtime - and as employees of a government entity they can also get compensatory time, which no non-governmental employees are eligable for).

ColtM4

The "independent contractor" dodge is common.  To do that in this case, however, just as in all the PSC security work in Iraq, is illegal.

A true "independent contractor" is paid to accomplish a task with a set start and finish.  The person hiring him provides nothing.  No general liability insurance because that is the responsibility of the independent contractor.  No workman's compensation insurance as that is the responsibility of the IC. The IC performs the task at a time and pace of his own choosing completining it on the agreed on date, not on a daily schedule provided by the person hiring him.

Basically if you were really an "IC" and doing this, if you got shot and were on the ground bleeding Critical Intervention Services would have no obligation to do shit except cut your final check (other than call 911 if Louisiana law requires bystanders to report a crime).

Further it is assumed that the IC is in business for himself (sole-proprietor, subchapter S, LLC, corporation) and pays all his own taxes (state, workman's comp, federal self-employment, etc.)

If I hire you to work on a project and you do it at home using your equipment and deliver it on the agreed date, then you are an IC.  If I have you report on my schedule at a workplace I designate and I supervise you, then you aren't.

All the artful dodges are just artful dodges.  The wise company follows the law and pays legally because all it takes is one employee that complains to DOL W&H and you're screwed.

Again, $28 an hour (with $42 an hour OT) gets you $400 a day if you work 12 hours a day 7 days a week.  AT THE END OF THE DAY THE MONEY IS THE SAME even if the hourly rate is "an insult".  

WTF is the "magic" of calling it "$400 a day" instead?  If you're willing to work for $400 a day then you're willing to work for $400 a day, even if I call it "$28 an hour for the first 40 and $42 an hour OT for 84 hours a week".

But no. lets use an "artful dodge", break the law, and take the totally unnecessary risk of getting bankrupted by a DOL W&H inspection if somebody gets fired, cops an attitude and makes the phone call.  Gee!  That makes sense...

And don't even get me started about large defense contractors that coerce employees into signing "waivers" where they won't put overtime down on their timesheets even when they are working 24 hours a day and the same employees that complain about it but don't have the balls to make the call to DOL W&H because "its disloyal".  And the company's loyalty to them is?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#28]
RECON SCOUT....little info pleas im thinking about coming for the second deployment (LE in MD).question gear wise,  sidearm and longun right (run with what you bring?) Whose legal authority are we working under (HR218 covers us to carry out of state), what if any legal issues surround us getting our hands "dirty"...I know your busy, but need to know this prior to coming...just gotta get the leave approved via the Dept.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#29]
There were some department near me that were letting officers go to NOLA for diaster relief. They were given a week or two unpaid leave but they didn't need to use vacation time to go. This would be a hell of deal for those guys.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They should be taking military police and paying them for it.  Let those guys take leave and make some money.  They are horribly underpaid and unappreciated by just about the entire military.  

Stick Most Excellent Point.  Two of my buddies here in Oklahoma just came into my store while ago they are National Guard, just back from Iraq and got activated tonight.

How much money they making a day with the Gurard here in OK? $50 a day!!! That is Wrong.  The military are dumped on a bit.

I saw your posts before the edit, I don't take you wrong, I'd just like your pay rate if you think $400 a day isn't good.  Don't know what your cost of living is either man.  

Well, this is going to be my first post here, I dont mean to step on anyone's toes or ruffle feathers, but I have to reply to this. I have heard it mention several times about accepting MP trained personnel or just persons with prior military experience. First of all, I did 20 years in the Army as an 11B, When I retired and started working for a mid-size PD here in TN. The only advantage that I gained from my military experience was I was way ahead on Tactics and weapons handling skills compared to the people with no prior military experience. While these are critical skills, you need to know the law. And where TN and LA law may be different in ways, it is also the same in a lot of ways. Learning the Tennessee Code Annotated was about the only thing that really stressed me out while in the Academy. I thought I had a good grasp on "the Law", but I was really surprised to find out how much I didnt know. I realized that I had a lot of misconceptions about the law. And it just boils down to training. Cops are pretty much cops anywhere.
    I am currently working as a Civilian Police Officer on Ft Campbell. I work with the MP's on a daily basis. For the most part, they are all a bunch of great people. But, the truth of the matter is, that Law Enforcement is really not their primary mission. On Ft Campbell, we have the distinct honor of having to enforce  TN, KY, US Code, and UCMJ violations. The majority of the MP's that I work with, really have no desire to "work the road". Other than some basic traffic laws, they really dont know the majority of the laws that we have to enforce here. When I was still in, at one time I wanted to be an MP, my reasoning was that when I retired I wanted to get into Civilian Law enforcement, I thought that the experience would be good. Hindsight being what it is, I was better off staying in the Infantry. Im tired, not sure that any of this makes sense, and again, I dont wish to piss anyone off. But, I think that these companies are doing the right thing by requiring LE certification.

you make a very excellent point.  However I'd like to point something out.  CIS isn't hiring people to enforce the law, they're being hired to provide security and protection.  So knowlage of the law and all that isn't necessary, and in the conditions down there, which is basically martial law, rule of law may not even apply anymore.  This is why, I assume, national guard troops can be used in this situation.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I just spoke with the point of contact for the deployment. All the slots are filled.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I got this email a few days ago. Good luck to anyone who goes - if i was certified i would.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#33]
spoke to POC also all slots are filled, their taking names and numbers for the second deployment.slated in a week and a half or so...............
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Just wondering why a ".org" rather than ".com", and is this company owned 100% by U.S. citizens?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Their website has been updated with a form to fill out to get added to the list. I guess they will be getting more picky since the first rotation is full.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#36]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:59:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Well it appears they have filled all jobs including the second rotation. I was thinking I would get a slot and even took vaction time to due so. I called today and the person I spoke with said all the slots were filled for the 2nd rotation so I guess it was a waste of time to fill their online form over a week ago I think I'll give Blackwater a call, maybe.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#38]
They don't need more out-of-state officers in N.O.

They need to kick the Supt of Police Eddie Compass's ass out of there, and recind the "Nobody can have guns but us police" BS.

Employers should recind their "no guns at work" policies.

The word should be, "Civilians, if you have a gun, wear it.  If not, get one."

They don't need cops, they need armed citizens.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#39]
um whatever, I was just updating officers who might have applied for this position.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#40]
The customer is who sets what qualifications are required on their contract.
The service provider (i.e. Blackwater, etc...) sets the pay rate (and subsequently the bill rate) based on how hard the position is to fill and how much other providers are paying.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top