Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Total of 10 days of gasoline maybe more if the consumption rate falls as the price increases.  That is assuming that they are only using the largest tankers.

Do the math before you spout off about who knows what and who doesnt, but thats your usual pattern isnt it.   It will help us get over the the next couple of weeks maybe.

No offense but you're being a little harsh since it was you who originally said:

That would last a medium sized city several days. Wont have any real impact on much of anything.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn, if you love that movie so much, why don't you marry it?

If you watched the movie and compared what is happenning before our eyes, you'd be freaked out, too.  Don't friggin jump on my case about being concerned here.  So far, events are playing out just like the movie.  Some folks would know they need to get prepared if it hit them in the head with a baseball bat.

In the movie, the tankers did not help assuage the situation very much, because they only made a small dent in the problem.

...and you expect a bunch of hollywood freaks to correctly predict TEOTWAWKI when they cannot predict the duration of their own carrers and marrages?  The same jokers who cannot accurately depict the magazine capacity of any common firearms?  The same hollywood that made Superman III which depicted a weather satelite MAKING WEATHER?

Just pass me by.....

My guess is they based the movie on research, as you saw in the National Geographic article from 10/2004 that predicted everything that has happenned as well.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you trying to be an a-hole or what?  Chill out.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you trying to be an a-hole or what?  Chill out.  

Hey, I ain't the one here who married my board reputation to a cheap B-Grade movie.

I say you guys challenge eachother in the pit!

As for gas, 45 days sounds like a good timetable to get our sh!t together.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Forgive me if this is wrong..but is'nt the refining or processing that we're having? And not the actual supply of available oil? If it is, then why/how will we process this oil that is coming in? I have heard that we have plenty of oil but no way of transporting the oil from the NOLA region?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Forgive me if this is wrong..but is'nt the refining or processing that we're having? And not the actual supply of available oil? If it is, then why/how will we process this oil that is coming in? I have heard that we have plenty of oil but no way of transporting the oil from the NOLA region?

Its gas thats coming in, not oil
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, the problem with storing gasoline is that it goes stale after a period of months (if you don't believe me, fill the tank on your car and then let it sit there for three months. See how well it runs afterward). So you'd have to be constantly rotating your stock in and out in order to assure that you dont have a huge supply of what amounts to garbage.

Sta-bil.

You can add BHT to gasoline and store it for years.

And just rotate the stocks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top