Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be heading to the local Triton boat dealer.  "liberate" me a TRX-21 & some tackle.  Cruise the banks pitching a spinnerbait or maybe a jig-n-pig.  

Seriously I would have been prepared/bugged out ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd be heading to the local Triton boat dealer.  "liberate" me a TRX-21 & some tackle.  Cruise the banks pitching a spinnerbait or maybe a jig-n-pig.  

Seriously I would have been prepared/bugged out ASAP.

Now that's some looting I can get behind!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldnt have to loot.   I would be supplied by all the looters

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
A)  I would have left.

b)  Barring that, I would filter and purify water after I ran through the few cases of bottled water I have.

C)  As far as food is concerned, I have resisted my wife's idea of an electric can opener.   My mnaual works just fine, and will on the pantry full of canned food.  Fruit cocktail, anyone?  Beans?  (Well....maybe not the best idea.)
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I fail to understand how anyone can live within eyeshot of the coast and not be prepared for a hurricane!

GOD DAMN IT!

Not only would I not have looted, I would not have needed to loot. Why is this question even viewed with acceptance?! It's like saying, "If you lived in Dallas, would you rape?" Anyone who responds with anything other than an instant and resounding "NO!" needs to be put in a cage.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Yup ... Food and water ....  Chest High Waders .... Shotgun & Shells ... Penecillin .... Inflatable mattress ...  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No. I would have left.

+1

From various news reports before the storm:

Category 5 hurricane
Mandatory evacuation
Possible annihilation

these are what some would call "clues"

EPOCH

Actually, I think those qualify to be "a hint and a half"
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope.

I have over 150 gallons worth of sanitation water and 15 cases of water put aside. I also have about 75-100 pounds worth of MRE's and canned food put away.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=38095

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=38091

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=38092

Again, all your stuff would be under 10 feet of water.

Only if he stayed
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Only if he was in a low area.

I live about a mile and a half from the Gulf.  BUT, my elevation is about 35 feet above sea level - nice long hill down to the beaches.  The hill is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:06:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope.

I have over 150 gallons worth of sanitation water and 15 cases of water put aside. I also have about 75-100 pounds worth of MRE's and canned food put away.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=38095

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=38091

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=38092

Again, all your stuff would be under 10 feet of water.

Uhhh...  nope Gloftoe - the Chief is in CA .

I'm impressed MC.  We get some time here in FL but there's no warning regarding an EQ.  Smooth move.

ETA: Aw day-um!  I'll say it before Gloftoe does...

Thread title: "If you were in NO..."

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I would have left, but if I had incredibly horrible bad luck....
I would loot only after my supplies dried up. If the business owner came back, I would repay them some way.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top