Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
And just as a comment, demonizing liberals as irrational and illogical is just as bad as Michael Moore demonizing American gun lovers as irresponsible and ignorant.

I love guns, but had they not been such a prevalent part of American society, we'd statistically have much less social issues, ala Japan, Britain. But since they are everywhere, and it's easy as pie for criminals to get guns (whereas it's impossible, and is punishable by death in most decent Asian countries) the law abiding citizens need to have the right to arm themselves just as well if not better then street thugs.

As shown in NO.

Had this been a unpredicted disaster and average joes been caught in the aftermath... you'd bet that there would never ever be a case for taking guns away from law abiding citizens
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Will the situation in NOLA prompt action on a new federal AWB?

No.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think so, times are different and I think a lof of people now understand the need to have armed citizens.

don't get upset, but you are living in a dream world, if you think that..........a lot of the people are not going to think that way. if anything NO it's going to be a poster child for more stringent gun laws......especially for 'AW"

I just don't see it.  MOST Americans right now how more pressing concerns that EBR's.  It isn't even on the radar screen.  Some will try to exploit it but they will be the same old hags that have been trying to introduce bans over the past year.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Japan, Britain.

The Japanese gut themselves and the Brits have a horrible crime rate.  What are you trying to say?  Look at Switzerland.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#5]
No it won't.

Even Dianne Feinstein once carried a gun for self defense.

She can't exploit NO without looking like a hypocritcal dumbarse.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No it won't.

Even Dianne Feinstein once carried a gun for self defense.

She can't exploit NO without looking like a hypocritcal dumbarse.

CRC

Was that sarcasm?

I think she would still exploit it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't think so.

And I'm being serious. The ban is dead. Thanks Tom DeLay!

CRC
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Well CRC knows things and stuff.

Seriously, hearing you say that does give me confidence that I will still be able to legally buy/own my evil rifles.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#9]
The antis like Feinstein did reintroduce their 'gun bans' but these bills have gone nowhere.

Plus Feinstein and Schumer are too busy dealing the John Roberts nomination to the SCOTUS.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool beans!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#11]
THE NRA HELPS GET PROGUN PEOPLE ELECTED. WHAT THE HECK DO YOU DO?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And just as a comment, demonizing liberals as irrational and illogical is just as bad as Michael Moore demonizing American gun lovers as irresponsible and ignorant.

I love guns, but had they not been such a prevalent part of American society, we'd statistically have much less social issues, ala Japan, Britain. But since they are everywhere, and it's easy as pie for criminals to get guns (whereas it's impossible, and is punishable by death in most decent Asian countries) the law abiding citizens need to have the right to arm themselves just as well if not better then street thugs.

As shown in NO.

Had this been a unpredicted disaster and average joes been caught in the aftermath... you'd bet that there would never ever be a case for taking guns away from law abiding citizens

Keep telling yourself that, it may be punishable by death but it is nowhere near impossible, GBR is having an explosion of firearms crime (they calim it is not as high as USofA firearms crimes, but per capita it is worse)  Japan has it's own share of gun crime, as well as bladed crime (swords are illegal there without special consideration)

Canadian Firearms crime has airsen in the east, the firearms registration notwhistanding....

The USofAis hardly the only country to have had (and have) firearms play a major formative part in the growth of the country, it is also hardly the only one with firearms crime, and quite often has less crime than other countries (per capita) in relation to firearms.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#13]
The liberals don't want anyone to know the extent of the lawlessness there, so I don't think they'll use it to push the issue. I think a lot of ordinary people saw the light when it came to guns, because of this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The extreme left exploits every tragedy.  Why not this one?  C'mon Kerry, Kennedy, Clinton et al let's hear it!  Evil bastards.

Just like 9/11 was exploited to pass the Patriot Act?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:41:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
It SHOULD prompt a National Re-armament Bill.  

major +1
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#16]
please no... i hope dems never get control of house again... fingers crossed
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree this should serve as a wake-up call for many fence sitters. No the government can't and won't protect you. You are responsible for your own safety and security. If anything I think that the situation in NO will lead to even more states passing laws authorizing the "Castle Doctrine". People have the right to defend themselves and their property by use of deadly force if necessary.

I really like these two quotes.  The last 10 days have confirmed their truthfulness.

"The moment the idea is admitted into society that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence." -- John Adams  

“If violent crime is to be curbed it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore, what he must be taught to fear is the victim." - Jeff Cooper

I like Coopers so much I'm going to change my sigline
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish it would nhave been ted kennedy or diane feinstein instead of Rehnquist.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Interesting thread and I'm mostly posting to tag it for future perusal.  

I will say this to Gordon_Freeman:

Brother, if you think Britain and Japan have fewer "social issues" than we do, you are gravely mistaken and need to educate yourself about what things are like.  They do not have the gun crime that we do, obviously (actually England is getting close from a per capita standpoint).  But their societies have other issues that are just as dramatic.  Take a look at the suicide rate in Japan and how they promote the sexuality of young (VERY young, ILLEGALLY young by our standards) girls and older men.  Christina Aguilera is an old prude by comparison.  And the Brits have got some serious, serious social problems that the traditional stiff upper lip has not been able to keep from spreading.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

As shown in NO.

In regards to your comment "demonizing liberals..." they bring it on themselves so I do not consider it irrational or illogical like MM. I'm referencing the extreme element, of course. However, there are still many liberals who will not acknowledge the truth and will believe lies just because of their pride. I've seen this with my own mom and sisters.

The fact that guns have been a prevalent part of America - so what? The problem is not the guns but the breakdown of our Judeo-Christian heritage and moral fabric. We are reaping what we have sown for many decades and generations. I lived in the Philippines for two years back in 78-79 where martial law was in effect and gun ownership unlawful. I can assure you, the guns were there, death penalty or not. Are you calling "decent"- Asian countries which have gun control which allows their citizens no protection against criminals or gov't tyranny?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Will the situation in NOLA prompt action on a new federal AWB?

No.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top