Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:26:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
actually, in texas, game wardens have a buttload of proscribed rights other le folks don't have.  

Proscribed or prescribed?

Elaborate, please.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:28:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Was it full of aluminum cans, headed to Michigan? Oh, wait ... that's Mother's Day weekend, not Labor Day. Sorry. Move along.

My favorite episode. They packed more insanity in 22 minutes since Jethro Bodine took his first flight as an astronaut- powered by Grannys home remedy.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Fish Police in Texas have ARs?

Being a game warden is dangerous: Think about what they deal with. Drug growers in state and national park lands, poachers armed with high power rifles....

They need those ARs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Hehe...  Gotta love it.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:53:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Fish Police in Texas have ARs?Yeah, and they have jurisdiction over the entire state.

They are much more than fish police. In fact they have more power than the state police. It is not uncommon to include a Texas Game Warden on many raids. they can legally enter a residence without a warrant. This loophole has something to do with poaching and the nature of there job. Game Wardens are common on rural Meth Lab raids because of there search abilities. Of course they are not front line warriors and are backed up by a number of heavily armed LEO's. In fact due to the Federal game laws that the state wardens enforce a local PD can get de facto federal aid in some situations. All that said they are the best they don't want to hassel anyone except game thiefs and those that would dog the enviroment. I have had many beers poured out and my ass chewed by Texas Game Wardens they perfer not to take you in.

Yup. They can take your guns, truck, go where they please, do just about any damn thing they have a mind to.

The upside is that most TX GW's I've run across are very proffessional and down-to-earth.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:01:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Armed Texas game wardens on the hunt for animals.. sounds good to me!

+1,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I asked my LEO neighbor his oppinion, here it is. Texas game wardens can enter any property without a warrant using the same governing rules that allow them to enter private ranches without the owners permission.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#8]
This is just ASKING for a photoshop!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some here have full auto M-16's.

GO TEXAS!!!

Not sure if they are "AUTO" or not, but the Game Wardens in Texas have M16s, not ARs.

They carried Mini-14s for the longest time, but replaced them all with surplus M16A1s bought dirt cheap from DRMO last year. It is only about $30 in parts to make them SEMI-only (though still legally MGs), and most Departments do that with the surplus M16s before making them Patrol Weapons.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being a game warden is dangerous: Think about what they deal with. Drug growers in state and national park lands, poachers armed with high power rifles....

They need those ARs.

They have them here in IL also.  Some have M14s instead.  All semi though.  I was glad to see them finally obtain some more significant firepower.  Think about it - these folks are typically on their own far away from any backup.

Most of the Conservation Police Officers (CPOs) that I've met are really good down-to-earth folks who'd rather not lock somone up unless you're screaming for it.  For the most part, if you have an axe to grind you will NOT become a CPO in IL if you want to.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some here have full auto M-16's.

GO TEXAS!!!

Not sure if they are "AUTO" or not, but the Game Wardens in Texas have M16s, not ARs.

They carried Mini-14s for the longest time, but replaced them all with surplus M16A1s bought dirt cheap from DRMO last year. It is only about $30 in parts to make them SEMI-only (though still legally MGs), and most Departments do that with the surplus M16s before making them Patrol Weapons.

They're semi and completely refurbished.  Whoever did the work was good at it, they look great.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All real Texans have at least 2 10 ARs.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Isn't stealing a mail truck a federal offense, along the lines of interfering with the US mail, theft of US mail etc?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All real Texans have at least 2 ARsOr AKs/SKSs.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050901/i/r411173970.jpg?x=380&y=272&sig=b65c8HTIhuwTuJ4a4vWXPA--

Those are looters who stole a mailtruck and were heading to TX to commit more crimes. They should've known better than to mess with TX.

Those looters from LA better be careful while they are in Houston, they might get robbed while they are there!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

"or"????   dude, get both!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

[tinfoilhat]The militarization of law enforcement![/tinfoilhat]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#18]
That's racist and I'm offended
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Those looters from LA better be careful while they are in Houston, they might get robbed while they are there!

That's no joke. Crime in Houston is rampant, in certain parts of town.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[tinfoilhat]The militarization of law enforcement![/tinfoilhat]

Actually, they probably had to buy them themselves. The Dallas PD did.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I live just South of Houston.  Our cops here are Nazi's. Literally.
And our city has more CHL's than any other city in Texas.  Our crime here is pety.  They probably wouldn't wanna come this way either.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

"or"????   dude, get both!

You can't hunt with a .223

Aside from that, I can only keep reliable weapons in my safe

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I live just South of Houston.  Our cops here are Nazi's. Literally.
And our city has more CHL's than any other city in Texas.  Our crime here is pety.  They probably wouldn't wanna come this way either.

Yep.  League City, Webster, etc.  The man is just looking for a reason to lay down some suppressive fire on someone or something.

And those guys better thank heaven that they did not have a red drum over 28 inches long w/o a tag from a fishing license.  They would never see the outside of the jailhouse again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They let them go?

Isnt stealing the mail a major no no?

Spending 6 hours back in the office processing some guys who stole a mailtruck to flee their neighborhood as it sunk into the ocean and erupted in gunfire might not be the best use of time for 3 well armed police officers.

I would also do anything necessary to get my family to safety, legal or otherwise. It's just survival, and whatever it takes to get out alive must be done. We have clearly seen that doing nothing or depending on your Government/LE agencies - to rescue, feed, or protect you - could have dire consequences.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
They let them go?

Stealing the mail YES, stealing the truck itself probably not.  Actually shows some good ingenutiy in getting the fuck out of Dodge when it was time to get the fuck out of Dodge.

+1 for smarts in getting out of there, -2 for not ditching the truck when they got to relatively dry ground.

And yeah better use of time for the LEOs is likely, so kicking them loose is a logical if not emotionally satisfying solution.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They let them go?

Spending 6 hours back in the office processing some guys who stole a mailtruck to flee their neighborhood as it sunk into the ocean and erupted in gunfire might not be the best use of time for 3 well armed police officers.

That doesn't justify becoming an animal and disregarding the law. They had time to loot but not leave? I think looters should be shot on sight, it might set an example for others contemplating similiar actions. Laws are what separate us from savages, and there is no excuse for what is going on there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Did they stamp their foreheads "RETURN TO SENDER"???
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#28]
They were just trying to help the mail get distributed.  

( Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail......what? a hurricane? "Abandon all trucks!!!" )
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:28:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Why are you all screaing "looters"?? All it states is they wanted OUT!!!! I would have done the same damn thing if nothing else was available.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top