BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1911GREG, you expect them to cut the Guard lose on them?  They wont even cut them lose in Iraq.  The ROE is rediculous. What makes you think they will do it in NO?

I worked the 1993 flood in K.C. Kansas in the ARNG.  Think we were given five rounds each?  Also got these little ROE cards.  Think I still have one of those cards.  I do remember we were not allowed to shoot people just because they were looting.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, I hope this is BS.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot of the Tulane students have been moved to Georgia Tech where I am at.  We got an email about it from the Tech president this morning.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard a story this morning where a NO area Wal-Mart was broken into last night and all the firearms stolen.

Time for a serious reality check for the sheeple.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Let's try this out .. a dose of reality.

The phones in the hospitals and the radios are mostly working.  There is a MASSIVE effort to clear all hospitals of patients.  The authorities are wroking will ALL medical centers to evac. all patients and personnel ASAP.  Tulane is a major medical center.  The police, state and FEMA are all working together to clear these facilities how did they miss the looters outside as they evac. the people!

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT FOX AND CNN-ABC-DRUDGE-CBS AND ALL OF THE RPINT MEDIA WOULD MISS THIS!  This is the dream of every lib reporter in the world!  I for one do not believe it.  Two other such stories have also been proven false.  

When it is verified by at least ONE major news outlet, then I will give it some creadence.

I'll have to agree now.  Seen some pretty wild rumors going on.  We'll see what shakes out overnight.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i havent seen anything about this on the news..........and this is big news if its true

Maybe the news agencys are supressing news at the request of the Govt?  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably done by a bunch of stupid gang-bangers who will now be doing float-by-shootings with their new Remington .270 gats.....

Quoted:
I heard a story this morning where a NO area Wal-Mart was broken into last night and all the firearms stolen.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's just beginning.

Watch for a smack-down. It'll take some time to put together an over-whelming force, but when they do, WHAM! The New Orleans Police do one thing very well, crowd control.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Heard something similar on the radio, except they said ALL the gunstores had been looted.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heard something similar on the radio, except they said ALL the gunstores had been looted.

They were.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:14:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Let's try this out .. a dose of reality.

The phones in the hospitals and the radios are mostly working.  There is a MASSIVE effort to clear all hospitals of patients.  The authorities are wroking will ALL medical centers to evac. all patients and personnel ASAP.  Tulane is a major medical center.  The police, state and FEMA are all working together to clear these facilities how did they miss the looters outside as they evac. the people!

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT FOX AND CNN-ABC-DRUDGE-CBS AND ALL OF THE RPINT MEDIA WOULD MISS THIS!  This is the dream of every lib reporter in the world!  I for one do not believe it.  Two other such stories have also been proven false.  

When it is verified by at least ONE major news outlet, then I will give it some creadence.

AGREED!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I loaded 25 29-rounders Sunday night. My Lula paid for itself.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Texas has mobilized 6000 natl Guardsmen, while LA Gov Blanco sits on her hands and does nothing.

hell yea...deploy the TEXAS NATL GUARD...this problem will quickly be resolved

can i bring my 30-30 w scope and help out
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Supposing this is true, and the NG shoots some of them, I would expect some sort of Rodney King-like reaction. Killing the oppressed who have a right to strike back at society and all....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry, the Guard will do nothing about the looting.  Their ROE wont allow it.  They probably don't even have ammo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Probably done by a bunch of stupid gang-bangers who will now be doing float-by-shootings with their new Remington .270 gats.....

Quoted:

They'd be lucky if they had the right ammo...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Texas has mobilized 6000 natl Guardsmen, while LA Gov Blanco sits on her hands and does nothing.

I was watching LA Army National Guard in the disaster area yesterday on national news.  I recognized the bumper numbers from the engineer group in LA, these guys specifically from Bossier City.  The infantry brigade is, AFAIK, still in Iraq.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Lord God, send money so I can buy more ammo and some MREs.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Drugs, The druggies have been without a fix for over 2 days now.  Even under normal conditions, it's not uncommon to have them attack medical staff to try to get drugs.

Ah, right. Makes sense now.

FWIW, here's all I could find... (that wasn't a freeper rumor mill thing - not that there's anything WRONG with that )

abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=forecast&id=3399007

And this: www.tricities.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=TRI%2FMGArticle%2FTRI_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031784788478

Quoted:

Quoted:
If the stuff that's happenning in New Orleans is not the worst case scenario, I do not know what is.

Amen.    

Jesus, I didn't see it getting this bad.

Huh, I figured it would be WORSE. <shrug>

ETA: One more 17 minutes ago. Is "Tulane" The Children's Hospital?
www.americandaily.com/article/9009
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#20]
^^^^^^
www.americandaily.com/article/9009

The most frightening incident so far occurred Tuesday night. The Louisiana Governor's office reported that armed looters attempted to break into the Children's Hospital in New Orleans. They were no doubt searching for a stash of narcotics. The hospital held 100 children who were too sick to be evacuated before the storm. Police could not respond to the call due to high water. The hospital staff and children were left to defend themselves against the drug-crazed mob.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#21]
The administration at my hospital has been in contact with NDMS.  Word is that some Drs and nurses in NO and surrounding areas have tried to leave the hospitals.  They have been working 3 days straight and have had no contact with their families.  They are being held by the Nat'l Guard, preventing them from leaving.

I have no personal knowledge of this, so I can't confirm it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#22]
The Children's Hospital thing was a rumor - not substantiated and the HR Director at Children's Hospital said this rumor distracted them from doing what they needed to be doing.

I posted this in another thread, with cite.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I know AL is gearing up to send a bunch of LEO's to LA.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link to my update on Children's Hospital

Hell, I had someone send me a report from CNN that looters were assaulting a hospital in Shreveport today.  Now, I know Shreveport.  My parents are in Shreveport.  It didn't even rain in Shreveport.  My dad was at work yesterday.  The rumor mill is totally out of hand.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Most if not all have been looted. The most significant one I've heard was about the cop who tried to stop the firearm looting in a Wal Mart and was in return, shot in the head. He lived through it, but still.

I'd like to go down there and give them a little help with a decent .308 bolt gun. I may not have money, but I would have no problem getting rid of the people looting to that extreme. The cops can't do anything as they're to busy saving people from the hurricane. Hopefully the NG gets there to save them from themselves.

If this rumor is true, I hope every one of the terrorist like shit heads are lined up and shot point blank in the face. That may seem extreme, but if that is at all true, it's my honest opinion of what should be done. They don't have time to deal with restraining them or locking them up. Shoot them, and take them down to the very close morgue and call it a day.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#26]
There was this really cool antique store in the French Quarter that had all kinds of antique firearms.  The most modern guns I saw were some trapdoor Springfields.  They also had all kinds of old knick-knacks like old bills and coins, 'I Like Ike' buttons and things of that nature.  It was a small-scale museum.  I hate to think what might have happened to it.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
There was this really cool antique store in the French Quarter that had all kinds of antique firearms.  The most modern guns I saw were some trapdoor Springfields.  They also had all kinds of old knick-knacks like old bills and coins, 'I Like Ike' buttons and things of that nature.  It was a small-scale museum.  I hate to think what might have happened to it.  

Yeah I been worried about it too.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Oddly enough, I have thought of Harry Anderson's Magic Shop.  He was the star of the comedy sitcom Night Court, and had all kinds of memoriabilia, like Houdini's props, in a little shop in the French Quarter.  I really enjoyed going to the various shops.  I didn't get into the Mardi Gras thing, I just liked the history and the unique flavor of the place.  Very, very sad.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Yo dis shit iz tyte!  I just got off the cell with my homie downtown, and he tells me he gots a Drager Narkomed 3 for sale yall!  Off da hook motherfuka!

Call me at 494-5890 or text l00t *-50

Peace out craka!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Supposing this is true, and the NG shoots some of them, I would expect some sort of Rodney King-like reaction. Killing the oppressed who have a right to strike back at society and all....

This is a Rodney King like reaction, except this time the excuse is the weather.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:09:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was watching LA Army National Guard in the disaster area yesterday on national news.  I recognized the bumper numbers from the engineer group in LA, these guys specifically from Bossier City.  The infantry brigade is, AFAIK, still in Iraq.

Correct, the largest majority of the Louisiana National Guard infantry are deployed in Iraq and and have been there for the past year. Most of them are from south Louisiana. They come home starting next month.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct, the largest majority of the Louisiana National Guard infantry are deployed in Iraq and and have been there for the past year. Most of them are from south Louisiana. They come home starting next month.

Since they just sent 3 battalions of Paratroopers to Iraq, perhaps they should consider getting those Louisianians back by air ASAP.

Yeah I know they wanted to beef up before the Iraq elections but THIS domestic situation trumps anything that might happen over there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Yo dis shit iz tyte!  I just got off the cell with my homie downtown, and he tells me he gots a Drager Narkomed 3 for sale yall!  Off da hook motherfuka!

Peace out craka!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Sweet Jesus. The world is going mad....

I'll never be caught unprepared again. This is simply unbelievable. Just wow......
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Peace out craka!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  

The one's we used to use.
www.dremed.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/60/products_id/37

Drager Anesthesia Machine homie!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Peace out craka!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  

www.dremed.com/catalog/images/Drager-Narkomed-3_large.jpg

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:25:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Man, I hope this is BS.

I could not find it anywhere in print, I did not search the Radio\TV\LEO websites, yet
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#41]
When do the gun grabbers try to take this to the bank?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#42]
That would just be tough shit in my book.........if they became violent, I would have them shot on sight

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
anyone else thinking "Blackhawk down"?

That's just plain racist to compare the looters to what we faced in Africa!

A Rose by any other name is still a Rose.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I'll never be caught unprepared again. This is simply unbelievable. Just wow......

Detroit. Los Angeles. Cincinnati. New Orleans. There should be NO doubt any more that ANY ghettoized urban city in America is just one day away from being transformed into a third-world shithole filled with third-world savages.

Hell just compare Florida 1992 (hurricane Andrew) to New Orleans 2005. NOTHING then was like the looting going on now in New Orleans.  

Why is that?

It's the people. The people make the city - and in the case of New Orleans, the people rape the city.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Probably being guarded right now by an old man with a LeMat revolver and Colt Revolving Shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Peace out craka!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?  

www.dremed.com/catalog/images/Drager-Narkomed-3_large.jpg

You know... Tulane Medical Center looted...stealing shit they can't even use...?  

Nevermind...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
members.cox.net/_themacallan/IvoryCoast1.jpg

Is that pic from Rwanda ??  Somalia ??  Liberia ??  Haiti ??  New Orleans ??
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
loading my mags....

For what reason? Aren't you in Washington?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#49]
its a genetic thing....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Detroit. Los Angeles. Cincinnati. New Orleans. There should be NO doubt any more that ANY ghettoized urban city in America is just one day away from being transformed into a third-world shithole filled with third-world savages.

Hell just compare Florida 1992 (hurricane Andrew) to New Orleans 2005. NOTHING then was like the looting going on now in New Orleans.  

Why is that?

It's the people. The people make the city - and in the case of New Orleans, the people rape the city.

Irene...I say again fuckin Irene......
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top