User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My gun guy has a full auto bb gun.  Wonder what it would do to a looter at 5 yards.

Really piss him off!

I want one in .22, and a big bottle of Nitrogen/CO2/ or argon.

Take the Mardi Gras bead and cut the strings off of them.....load them into a hopper of a paintball gun......less lethal for the liberals.....yet hopefully effective...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And loaded with red shells!  You know he's serious if he broke out the RED ones!!!

Although I wonder, all my buckshot shells have red jackets (Federal and S&B).  I guess the reporter might think that the red ones are more evil or something.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
My gun guy has a full auto bb gun.  Wonder what it would do to a looter at 5 yards.

Really piss him off!

I want one in .22, and a big bottle of Nitrogen/CO2/ or argon.

Take the Mardi Gras bead and cut the strings off of them.....load them into a hopper of a paintball gun......less lethal for the liberals.....yet hopefully effective...

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You watch, at some point the local leo's will come and crack down on them instead of the looters.  

Not likely, Louisiana has even in NORMAL circumstances "Shoot the Burgler", "Shoot the Carjacker", and "Make My Day" laws.

They are probably second only to Texas in tolerating or even encouraging shooting criminals caught in the act.

Which they need to be considering the legendary corruption and general backwardness of the law enforcement in that state.  Not just the troubled NOPD.  A lot of the smaller departments are as bad or worse.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:21:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nothing beats the Hurricane Andrew documentary with the 12 yo girl sitting in a lawn chair with the street sweeper.  Reporter/interviewer asks her "Is that a real gun?" Little girl says "Yep, and these are real bullets" holding out a handfull of shells.

This is what SHTF is about folks, 1*, you have to be able to be responsible for your own self. Gov't can't help you on a scale like this. In FL, the Governer can call up the citizen militia, I'd hope that in LA, MS, & AL has the same rule of law and will consider if neccessary.

Well the LEO always say I should bow to their authority because they are who I will call in an emergency
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:22:01 AM EDT
[#6]
This whole looting thing really rubs me wrong...  everybody is told they were to evacuate...  smart and good people would get out of the city...  then these people run around and help themselves...

I can't imagine staying behind to protect your property in a situation like this... but man!  Then the police are not doing a thing about the looting (I do understand that what can they do...).  Sounds like a situation where the 2nd Amendment and the right to protect oneself, one's property, and society in general is very important....

Really makes me rethink what I would need to do especially in a post 9-11 era where disasters like this could happen in any city or town in the country (Nuke, Biological, Chemical)....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#7]
if you're a big POS who's lootin', then I hope someone is doin' some shootin'. Looters should be shot plain and simple.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hopefully not a dupe, but thought it worthy of a new topic:

In Uptown, one the few areas that remained dry, a bearded man patrolled Oak Street near the boarded-up Maple Leaf Bar, a sawed-off shotgun slung over his shoulder. The owners of a hardware store sat in folding chairs, pistols at the ready.

Uptown resident Keith Williams started his own security patrol, driving around in his Ford pickup with his newly purchased handgun. Earlier in the day, Williams said he had seen the body of a gunshot victim near the corner of Leonidas and Hickory streets.

"What I want to know is why we don’t have paratroopers with machine guns on every street," Williams said.

Like-minded Art Depodesta sat on the edge of a picnic table outside Cooter Brown’s Bar, a chrome shotgun at his side loaded with red shells.

"They broke into the Shell station across the street," he said. "I walked over with my 12-gauge and shot a couple into the air."

The looters scattered, but soon after, another man appeared outside the bar in a pickup truck armed with a pistol and threatened Depodesta.

"I told him, ‘Listen, I was in the Army and I will blow your ass off,’" Depodesta said. "We’ve got enough trouble with the flood."

The man sped away.

"You know what sucks," Depodesta said. "The whole U.S. is looking at this city right now, and this is what they see."

In the Bywater, a supply store sported spray-painted signs reading "You Loot, I Shoot" and "You Bein Watched." A man seated nearby with a rifle in his lap suggested it was no idle threat. At the Bywater studio of Dr. Bob, the artist known for handpainted "Be Nice or Leave" signs, a less fanciful sentiment was painted on the wall: "Looters Will Be Shot. Dr. Bob."

www.nola.com/newslogs/breakingtp/index.ssf?/mtlogs/nola_Times-Picayune/archives/2005_08.html

Words of a genius.

How many prartroopers does the National Guard have?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#9]
These people stayed behind for a reason.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
These people stayed behind for a reason.

Uh, yeah, they are on ground higher than the levees that isn't going to flood...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:32:07 AM EDT
[#12]

NFA violation, 10 years in Club Fed

And who is going to arrest him? An ATF agent on a hovercraft?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

And who is going to arrest him? An ATF agent on a hovercraft?

I was pretty sure that Louisiana was a NFA friendly state, it may very well be a real sawed off shotgun AND entirely legal..
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:33:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yep. The RKBA sure is worthless in this modern age of law and order!

Shoot 'em. Buzzards gotta eat, too.

The only thing I would add to this thread is that the bullet-riddled bodies of looters should be hung in plain view with signs around their necks that say "CAUGHT LOOTING."

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
2nd Amendment...we don't need no stinking 2nd Amendment...the Police will protect everybody there is no reason for gun ownership...you will just hurt yourself and injure family members!

I wonder how the liberal media and liberals in general are going to feel about gun ownership once word gets out about people using firearms legitimately to protect personnel property?

Oh, I forgot...probably the same way they handled it when reporting on the LA riots and Hurricane Andrew...

Unfortunatly, you won't hear a peep about the proper use of a firearm.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#16]
i had no problems with the grocery stores being looted for food, which is going to go bad anyway, but when u see them laughing and mugging for the cameras like its fun instead of just grabbing food and leaving, why take stuff other than food or water?
Then u see these running down the streets with furniture and TV's , its mind boggling.
What the hell are u gonna do with a fucking TV or a couch in 4 feet of water and no power for possibly weeks.

Can u see them trying to bring a plasma TV on the evac school bus.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i had no problems with the grocery stores being looted for food, which is going to go bad anyway, but when u see them laughing and mugging for the cameras like its fun instead of just grabbing food and leaving, why take stuff other than food or water?
Then u see these running down the streets with furniture and TV's , its mind boggling.
What the hell are u gonna do with a fucking TV or a couch.

Or the four genius' rolling the dumpster through the streets filled with shit they looted.  Like they are going to bring it back to their house or something
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or the four genius' rolling the dumpster through the streets filled with shit they looted.  Like they are going to bring it back to their house or something

Maybe they think they can stash it til they get back?
its not like they can sell it

I just think its the idea of getting free shit
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Wonder when President Bush is going to refer to them as "vigilantes"?

*disclaimer* I voted for him twice.

*sigh*
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#20]
It's about time citizens defended themselves against the criminals! Now let's send the military in there for water-MOUT practice. Clear 'Nawlins block to block.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe they think they can stash it til they get back?
its not like they can sell it

I just think its the idea of getting free shit

Useful to note here that a lot of the looting reports I’m seeing are not taking place in NOLA… These guys fill up the back of a pickup and it shows up on ebay listed by some seller in Oklahoma.

The retarded people looting Wal-Mart are not the ones causing serious problems. It’s the guys that carjack and bust up ATMs, banks and gun shops that have got people worried.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Almost makes me want to pack up an AR with mags and ammo...ship it to an acquaintence in N.O.  The thought of a few "notches" to the stock may sound blood thirsty, inhumane, etc.  but the looters deserve every bit of a 77 gr. 5.56.  What kind of morals do looters have who steal from those in the same dire situation.  F 'em.  I'd patrol my property as well.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2nd Amendment...we don't need no stinking 2nd Amendment...the Police will protect everybody there is no reason for gun ownership...you will just hurt yourself and injure family members!

I wonder how the liberal media and liberals in general are going to feel about gun ownership once word gets out about people using firearms legitimately to protect personnel property?

Oh, I forgot...probably the same way they handled it when reporting on the LA riots and Hurricane Andrew...

Unfortunatly, you won't hear a peep about the proper use of a firearm.

My dad lived in Homestead, south of Miami, when Andrew hit.  Devestated the neighborhood.  He and his neighbors broke out the "evil black rifles" and started patroling their neighborhood until the Police came back.   There was a lot of looting in Homestead in that time, but practically none on those streets.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#24]

My dad lived in Homestead, south of Miami, when Andrew hit. Devestated the neighborhood. He and his neighbors broke out the "evil black rifles" and started patroling their neighborhood until the Police came back. There was a lot of looting in Homestead in that time, but practically none on those streets.

i was in Kendall Lakes

Cutler Ridge mall was ransacked, people in our hood were patrolling
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
And loaded with red shells!  You know he's serious if he broke out the RED ones!!!

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Although I wonder, all my buckshot shells have red jackets (Federal and S&B).  I guess the reporter might think that the red ones are more evil or something.  

My buckshot is blue.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

My dad lived in Homestead, south of Miami, when Andrew hit. Devestated the neighborhood. He and his neighbors broke out the "evil black rifles" and started patroling their neighborhood until the Police came back. There was a lot of looting in Homestead in that time, but practically none on those streets.

i was in Kendall Lakes

Cutler Ridge mall was ransacked, people in our hood were patrolling

My mom worked  in Cutler Ridge.  She just quit after the hurricane.  Nothing to go back to.  

Remember the LA Riots and all the people running around yelling they were gonna riot too?  My Dad and I evaced Mom and her co-workers through a back door armed with Glocks and Uzis.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#29]

a sawed-off shotgun slung over his shoulder.

say hello to club fed for a likely illegal SBS
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I think it is more like 18

for the barrel, and 26in overall length
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

In Uptown, one the few areas that remained dry, a bearded man patrolled Oak Street near the boarded-up Maple Leaf Bar, a sawed-off shotgun slung over his shoulder.

AR, remember, it's the MEDIA we're reading here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
www.cs.northwestern.edu/~hunicke/blog/images/hurricane/looters.jpg

That guy's from the hurricanes last year in Florida, not Katrina.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:44:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Is it just me or does it seem un-tactical to sit in front of your place on a lawn chair?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
What the hell are u gonna do with a fucking TV or a couch in 4 feet of water and no power for possibly weeks.

Does anyone who thinks it's ok to "just........" really think those doing the "justing" will stop at "just"? Oh, when their bellys are full and the eeelektronics are stashed, and they start feeling a little frisky, a l surprised, "Hey, that's my wife/daughter" won't cut it. Mobs are like boulders rolling down a hill- harder to stop the longer you let them go.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#36]

You're forgetting something: In a liberal world, there's no such thing as "personal/private property."
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe paratroopers was the wrong word, but his question is still valid.

Well, Gov. Blanco, according to Michelle Malkin, is going to ask President Bush for Federal troops to be sent to NOLA. The NOLA police apparently can't handle it (or in some cases apparently won't). USS Bataan is on her way I heard for SAR work. I do not know if her Marines are aboard.

Shhot, I saw footage where there were POLICE looting! (blue shirts, badges, firearms and batons, anyway...) Might have been security guards ...  but, MSNBC SAID that they were police. I believe it was a Wally World store, and the "officer" was a "too heavy" African-American Female.... didn't SEE her "taking" anything but she certainly was NOT stopping OTHER looters!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:09:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Yep. The RKBA sure is worthless in this modern age of law and order!

Exactly!

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My buckshot is blue.  

Mine is Green or Silver.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#40]
SYSTEM MESSAGE <LOCKED>
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#41]
The good people of N'awlins have my sympathies and prayers.

Lock and load, remember, [Fullmetal jacket] Looters-it's easy, you just don't leadem' as much[Fullmetaljacket]!

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:30:34 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My buckshot is blue.  

Mine is Green or Silver.

Not to get too far off topic what is the Best SHTF 2-3/4" Buckshot or Slug for a wet enviroment?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Another thought.  Because of all the people that refused to leave, and now are doing this,  I say the ones that refuse to leave during the evac get shot on the way out.  If a single rescuer dies then they all deserve it.   When your told that the world is coming to an end and you'll probably die if you don't leave, and you don't leave,  then you don't need to be in public anyway.

Garrantee names and addresses are being taken after they are rescued.  Me thinks they will see a nice bill in the mail and possibly a summons to appear in court after this has settled down...

Put the crack pipe down and step away from the keyboard!

There are no lists.
There will be no bills.
There will be no summons.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"You know what sucks," Depodesta said. "The whole U.S. is looking at this city right now, and this is what they see."

Actually the whole world is looking on and are seeing the widespread looting…

Your friends are shocked, but your enemies are rubbing their hands in glee at the propaganda coup they are being handed.

ANdy

Our friends and enemies both should look deep within their own cities and realize that they too are one disaster from savagery.

London would fare no better, nor would Beijing or Baghdad.  The disarmed law abiding citizens of those places would of course fare a lot worse.  

All that said Vito, you're 110% right
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Someone should put bottles of well place tannerite in spots were looter are apt to approach.  BOOM!

This morning the girlfriend said "Man if we were stuck down there, you could probably hold them off for weeks."
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:56:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Whats the legality of shooting looters in LA?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:59:04 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Could be a perfectly legal AOL    but i wouldnt trust themedia to describe a firearm.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#48]
And I bet the law won't hesitate to bring charges against owners and citizens protecting what's theirs.  They will turn a blind eye, though, to those who wouyld kill to take what is not theirs.  Society on the brink...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Whats the legality of shooting looters in LA?

I tried to start a new thread reagrdingt his, but it got locked.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=384753

Here was what I wrote, but the synopsis is that if your state already allows you to protect yourself AND property like TExas and Florida, then your definately OK.  I have no information regarding any special status when an emergency is declared and I don't know about LA in particular.

Does being in a declared state of emergency provide residents with any special protection under the law? People talk as if there were.

I know in some states, laws exists that allow people to protect the content of their homes with lethal force (I think Texas is one) and others expand that to include your car (i think FL is now one), but in GA one has to be in fear of ones one life or grave injury or the life/injury of another. What other states allow one to use lethal force to protect property?

I'm thinking that if there are no laws that kick in when there is a declared state of emergency and your state doesn't offer legal protections for the use lethal force to defend property, than shooting a looter just makes you guilty of a criminal act.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

You are kidding right?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top