Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I didn't mean any offense.  From your post I guess you think bigger font is like shouting...

Prayers Sent.  

Hey CSM, no offense was taken - it was funny, I was very concerned when I called M4-CQBR and got a garbled and then cut off my panties got my balls twisted and my thinking clouded. It was funny. The large font really was my emotions going off - ahhhh, better now. Still haven't heard anything new as of now.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I was in the US, I would gladly go down there to help.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Stay where you are gather what cash you can ,await word from her of how you can help!!

You will do her no good dead,she may be able to meet you somewhere out side of LA!

She may need a bus ticket or cab fare,who knows what!!!!!

Even if you had a Bradley i doubt you could get through the Guardsmen whom might consider you a threat!!

I know you want to help and protect her but keep you head,as apparently all else have lost thiers!!!

Good luck to you and your family!!!

Prayers for your sister!!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks all for the kinds thoughts. . . they are good people.
So, Yeah I have a 6000 watt diesel generator mounted on a flat bed trailer with a 275 gal fuel tank mounted on the trailer as well.... was thinking bringing that behind the truck with the other stuff.
Unfortunately I can't afford to try and bring them up here any other way than going to get them myself.
But I would like to see if I can help them somehow down there. They are defenseless and fucking can't even find water or food.  They're storage food & supplies all got washed away.
Why the hell isn't anyone at least going around in boats and sharing some water or something?
My family aren't the loosers looters you see on TV stealing anything they can get their hands on.

M4-CQBR

You are a good man.

Where are you at man? If you are in Texas.....

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Where was her AR15?

Quoted:
Dude, she didn't leave the dog behind, or the other stuff for that matter.
The water came in so fast she had to flee for her life and all her stuff got washed away...
The little safe that she had with the important stuff in it was ripped out of her hands by some african american group of looters who met her on the treck to find dry land offering to help the family get thru some obstacles on the way. . . mostly very deep water...
Damn dude..... have some compassion or something

M4-CQBR

Quoted:
Not trying to be an asshole, but why didnt she just take the money and stuff with her when she left the house? She left a dog behind WTF is up with that? Money is one thing, but leaving a family pet knowing it will die, is downright cruel.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I know it's family, but think before you act.  I would not make any rush decisions, especially driving down by yourself, even one other person with you. Going down with your equipment without the right precautions and protection, is just asking for bad news. If your family is staying with friends and is okay right now, that's great news. I know things can change in an instant, but don't make it worse by putting yourself in jeopardy. If you go, get at least three or four other people to go with you, ARMED.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks all for the kinds thoughts. . . they are good people.
So, Yeah I have a 6000 watt diesel generator mounted on a flat bed trailer with a 275 gal fuel tank mounted on the trailer as well.... was thinking bringing that behind the truck with the other stuff.
Unfortunately I can't afford to try and bring them up here any other way than going to get them myself.

M4-CQBR

If you do end up going down there, especially with that stuff, go armed.

prayers sent.

+1

If you go, please be safe. Get back with them safe. Prayers out and good luck.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:26:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You are a good man.

Where are you at man? If you are in Texas.....

I wish I was in Texas, but I'm in Maine . . . and I plan to stay here until I have someone to go with me, and or some plan of action & logistical support/supplies. . .

I was reading a story somewhere on AR15.com about a guy & his brother who went to their house to try and get somethings they left behind. . . somewhere off Canal St. downtown NO.
Anyway, they said they got thru the National Guard & LEO's by flashing their EMT or Paramedic ID's and saying they we're activated to go help out.
I have been an EMT & Paramedic since 1999 . . . so I was thinking this was a good idea that could help me get thru in a quick.
And I have a friend in Maine, who's family lives 60 miles from Biloxi in LA somewhere and he has been eleceted to go down there and find out if the grandpaarents are ok.  Only thing is, I've shot handguns with him before, and he is waaaay underskilled.  In fact he sold is only pistol saying he didn't need it.  Prolly think twice about letting him watch my back, but maybe with a third or fourth person he could do the driving and we can do the "watching"

ETA:  Comment answered below this post....

As of today, No word from my sister or anyone. . . .  
The caravan idea isn't bad, and I've been talking about it in another thread that by cmjohnson talking about getting a job down there doing disaster relief.  
I'll see if I can link it up with this thread.
 www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=383700

M4-CQBR out for now. . .
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:29:01 AM EDT
[#9]
If you end up going, make sure you post it, you may be able to make an ARFCOM caravan of guys who want/can go to go with you, picking them up along the way....

Any new news? How are things going now for them?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top