Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2001 9:26:07 PM EDT

Damn!!! am I pissed off!!
Not only are they Anti! they also do as they please with your money? they take advantage of it!
I am in a Dispute with PayPal from a Freud complaint from a transaction on Ebay I was never able to resolve with the seller.
I was the buyer on a Motherboard that wound up DOA.  I filed the reports with Ebay and PayPal in the fact I paid with PayPal.
Months go by? and Nothing was done on PayPal part to find a remedy. So I turned to my Credit card company which in turn took the money from PayPal. "are you with me so far?"
PayPal then freezes my account,   I cant use the money that's in there?  I cant close the account, cant do any transactions except receive payments! "like they would refuse the use of free money?" and to top it off? in my auctions I put "I do not use PayPal" but that's not the kicker?  PayPal sends My winners an Email with a link to pay to my PayPal account!!!Those Farkers!!!!and now I have people who click on this link? Pay to this Frozen account and I cant use my Money!!!  How Farked up is That?!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel your frustration, drop both paypal and ebay like a bad habit.  

I sell items occasionaly on ebay and use paypal. In my ads I state that if you want to use paypal you need to ad 2.2% to cover their fee. Well I get a message from ebay saying I had violated their rules by charging a fee, I should figure the cost of using paypal into my auction price. But if I wanted to give a discount for check or money order that was okay. Whatever!! I will not be using ebay again.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
No Shiatsu ! they want me to pay The $141.00 that my card co took from them! isnt that what insurance is for?
Whats the point if your not protected from Fraud

Bastages
No satisfaction!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am in a Dispute with PayPal from a Freud complaint from a transaction on Ebay I was never able to resolve with the seller.
I was the buyer on a Motherboard that wound up DOA.  I filed the reports with Ebay and PayPal in the fact I paid with PayPal.
Months go by? and Nothing was done on PayPal part to find a remedy.
View Quote

I'd hate to piss on your parade (especially since Paypal seems to be doing a good job doing that to you already) but if you read through the user's agreement when you signed up, it specifies that any fraudulent behavior is to be resolved as far as possible between the buyer and the seller first, before you drag Paypal into the picture. I'm guessing that you tried to resolve things with the seller first, but did you alert Paypal about your actions through the credit card company first, before you did it?

PayPal sends My winners an Email with a link to pay to my PayPal account!!!Those Farkers!!!!and now I have people who click on this link? Pay to this Frozen account and I cant use my Money!!!  How Farked up is That?!!!
View Quote

That is definately "farked" up!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Of course,, that was my last attempt to rectify the situation.

I tried for at least a month to get a response to the seller,, no returned Email? not nothing.
I was able to get his info from Ebay to no avail." he moved and it no longer applied."
So after that I filed with Ebay and Paypal and I never heard a word about it? except a form letter from Ebay saying that I had to file with Loyds of London after an additional 30 days. So I called my Card Co.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
but did you alert Paypal about your actions through the credit card company first, before you did it?

No ..I didnt tell them I went over their head.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
but did you alert Paypal about your actions through the credit card company first, before you did it?
View Quote
No ..I didnt tell them I went over their head.
View Quote
It would have been safer if you had.
I got this off their webpage (as information for others):

[i]If you do not receive the promised goods when using PayPal to make a purchase, take the following steps:

Attempt to contact the seller. Many disputes occur over simple misunderstandings and can be resolved through open communication.

If you are unable to resolve the situation this way, you may immediately initiate an investigation by filing a Buyer Complaint Form (login to your account and and select the "Security Center" link in the footer of any PayPal page). This report must be filed within 30 days of the payment. PayPal will investigate your complaint and attempt to recover any funds you are owed. You will be entitled to the return of any funds PayPal is able to collect on your behalf. However, fund recovery is not guaranteed. We will make every effort to complete our investigation and any reimbursement within 30 days of the date the Buyer Complaint Form is filed.

If you made your purchase on eBay, you may be eligible to file a Fraud Report and Insurance Claim through eBay. EBay offers insurance to protect the transactions in its community, and PayPal works to independently supplement their program in cases where we are unable to recover funds through our own investigation. To learn more about filing a claim with eBay, please visit eBay's Fraud Reporting and Insurance Claim Form.
If eBay’s dispute process is resolved in your favor, you must contact PayPal customer service with proof that your eBay claim was granted to be eligible for PayPal's supplemental eBay coverage. This must be done within 30 days of eBay's grant. Buyers may receive up to $200 additional coverage from PayPal when they qualify for eBay's insurance policy (currently limited to $200).
Note: PayPal's supplemental eBay coverage only applies to domestic buyers who pay Verified sellers.[/i]

Any which way - it sucks! I just recently started using Paypal, but I'm being careful about what I'm using it for, and who I'm buying from.

My only suggestion is call the Palo Alto BBB.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:41:25 AM EDT
[#7]
In a business sense, PayPal is a big risk to the consumer.  They offer convenience at a fee but with essentially no enforceable culpability on their part.  Caveat maximus emptor.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top