Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
You guys wanting to come on Wednesday, that's fine...but stop and grab some drinks on the way.

What....no chips?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can't we just invade someone else and steal all their oil ?  

Nope, we invade then let them keep their oil.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
... Doubtful

... I say ½ the American population could cut their fuel consumption in ½ and still function - I know I can

... What happens if that's the case? Demand goes way down and free enterprise takes over once again
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#4]
no sir...the oil will keep flowing from the middle east, and the new orleans refineries will be back in action in 6-8 months...houston will be working double time like a hardcore workhorse...prices are gonna be ruff for awhile, but it wont be the end my friends... always gotta think positive
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
From the original "Oil Storm" thread, discussing the movie when it first came out:

Quoted:
I'm waiting for a dam to bust.  Can't have a good SHTF movie w/o a dam break.  Or at least some locusts or other plague.

Quoted:
Just shows to go ya...we need more refinery capacity!

Quoted:
The JBTs open a can of whoopass on the hippies farmers.

ETA:  Martial law!

Quoted:
Civil unrest....lock and load....

Quoted:
Side bar:

Around here there are a ton of oil wells that have been capped off.  I don't really think anything like this would happen.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I missed the first bit of the encore... What caused the damned problem to begin with?

A hurricane hit New Orleans.

That's it?

That was the begining of the dominos

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it too late for me to join the SHTF?

I've got soup!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I vote we wait till Oct. 31st for SHTF..............If it's gonna be scary, then have it on a scary day
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I vote we wait till Oct. 31st for SHTF..............If it's gonna be scary, then have it on a scary day

Good call! That way we can have tootsie rolls and it won't be too hot out!

Now I'm all the way in! Unless it rains.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Maybe its time to pray to Assatru.

"Save us, Assatru."

how would you like it if someone posted "Maybe we should pray to Christisanass" "Save us Christisanass"

You may not believe in Asatru (notice the spelling), but TNFrank does.   How about showing him respect by not ridiculing his religion?

I don't use the abreviation Xianity because many Christians find it offensive.  You'd think a Christian would understand the Golden Rule....

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
pain is good.. if allowed to take affect.. which i hope we do.. time to build more refineries, drill in anwar, drill in florida.. find alternatives, use our yankee knowhow to build the better mousetrap.. quit depending on the dirt whorshipers for our oil supply.. learn to get by on our own.. say bye bye to all those third world oil whores...

time for bush to declare a second front on the war on islam (excuse me i meant terror). they can keep their oil and their craziness. let mordor (saudi arabia) keep its oil, let iran use its oil to greeze its goat's butts for friday's animal devotions.. let venezuela use it to flavor their fried hamsters....

may we wake up and finally do something instead of whine...

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#11]
GW has suspecded all fuel blend requirements, nationwide.  That means refineries can make the cheapest blend and sell it nationwide if the chose to.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
GW has suspecded all fuel blend requirements, nationwide.  That means refineries can make the cheapest blend and sell it nationwide if the chose to.

?? Did he do this in his 5:00(EDT) speech?  I only heard the first 5 minutes or so.

I did see on CNN that the EPA suspended the Clean Air Act stuff for the LA, AL, and MS so they can use the same gasoline.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe its time to pray to Assatru.

"Save us, Assatru."

how would you like it if someone posted "Maybe we should pray to Christisanass" "Save us Christisanass"

You may not believe in Asatru (notice the spelling), but TNFrank does.   How about showing him respect by not ridiculing his religion?

I don't use the abreviation Xianity because many Christians find it offensive.  You'd think a Christian would understand the Golden Rule....

Yer obviously NOT paying attention.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
pain is good.. if allowed to take affect.. which i hope we do.. time to build more refineries, drill in anwar, drill in florida.. find alternatives, use our yankee knowhow to build the better mousetrap.. quit depending on the dirt whorshipers for our oil supply.. learn to get by on our own.. say bye bye to all those third world oil whores...

time for bush to declare a second front on the war on islam (excuse me i meant terror). they can keep their oil and their craziness. let mordor (saudi arabia) keep its oil, let iran use its oil to greeze its goat's butts for friday's animal devotions.. let venezuela use it to flavor their fried hamsters....

may we wake up and finally do something instead of whine...

Coming from a southerner, the use of the word, "Yankee", in a posititive way is rather nice.

Thank you!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top