Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#1]
1. There is absolutely no excuse for looting- .gov will take care of your every need (minus booze and high end electronics).

2. I've got to find my DU ID/PW so I can go trolling.

3. Can anyone read the red type Raven used, or is it just my 1996 Compaq monitor (seen better days).   I lean to blue.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nobody is starving,that is crazy. If they are starving then when they come to steal shoot them and end the suffering. No need to let them die such along and horrible death.

You apparently didn't get the memo.  Starving/dehydration is a very humane way of killing someone.  As their body simply shuts down, they experience a feeling of euphoria.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Looters should shot on sight.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:55:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The terrifying thing is that these people have the power to vote.

Indeed. Every now and then I hear or see someone so stupid that it makes me re-assess the value of a Republic.

It should make you thank God we live in a Republic and not in a democracy.

I do.

But even then, the thought that some of these people have the same power to vote that I do is downright SCARY.

If that is how stupid they are, what kind of leaders would they have govern?

It makes the blood run cold to even think about it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#6]
The poster there named "undergroundpanther" is a commie if I ever read one and a real jerk off to boot!
The guy I think must be one of us is "BikeWriter"
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:01:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

3. Can anyone read the red type Raven used, or is it just my 1996 Compaq monitor (seen better days).   I lean to blue.

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#8]
there were many different threads on this.  The central theme.  Looting was ok, because the people were stealing from those who hit the jackpot.  Business owners.

Morons.

Shoot a few looters, the problem will be solved.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I saw a guy this AM carrying a pack of charmin through the water.   Is toilet paper even worth having after it's been underwater?

I saw that too...I laughed so hard I thought I'd pee myself.  I was thinking the exact same thing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

It's not easy for me to read either. I only used red text because that's what the author does, and always explains that the DU'ers quotes are in red.  If I ever quote him next time I 'll point you to the the link where the red text's easier on the eyes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Take something that isn't yours without permission is stealing.

What's so damn hard about figuring that out?

Thats what a pure democracy is all about actually.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I agree, but I always wanted to ask if it were legal to do so.  In know in some state you are allowed to defend personal property with force (lethal if need be), but what about the states where the criterion does not include loss of property.  Is there a special pass when a state of emergency exists?

I think in GA, we need to be in fear of grave injury or death of self or others in order to use force that could lead to death of the Bad Guy. Fear of lossing property is not enough. Of course, it would be the word of me versus the dead bad guy, but still, I wonder if it would be legal to shoot a looter.

Educate me on shooting looters.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OK, quick question.

I don't go to DU. Well I went there once but my hurt too much after a few minutes that I don't go back.

Is it possible that this "undergroundpanther" is doing this tounge-in-cheek?

I mean, he CAN'T be serious.

Can he?

DUers have seriously said that:

1. Suicide bombers are brave
2. That Hillary Clinton can win the votes of religious conservatives if she says the right words
3. That the US needs to lose in Iraq

Ya. He means it.

Ya. They really ARE that stupid.

Dont forget after the election they said the soldiers and marines deserve to die in Iraq after voting for Bush. I saved some quotes and links but cant find em right now.

One would think that as far off the deep end the left has slipped that folks would separate themselves from its insanity. Unfortunately they will follow them right inot oblivion, watch the next election. They could run a sock puppet with Carrot Top and they will still vote for them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not all of them are completely stupid...

BikeWriter  (1000+ posts)      Mon Aug-29-05 06:37 PM
Response to Reply #82
95. You condone stealing. Fuck that. Someone steals from me...
I will kill him for stealing what I might otherwise have given him had he shown me respect.

thats my DU account

Its gone now , their spies are everywhere. Now you admitted it, I bet they killed the post.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Do you think a DUmmy would mind if someone looted their bong to make a

field expedient breast pump to feed a starving baby?

GM

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, but I always wanted to ask if it were legal to do so.  In know in some state you are allowed to defend personal property with force (lethal if need be), but what about the states where the criterion does not include loss of property.  Is there a special pass when a state of emergency exists?

I think in GA, we need to be in fear of grave injury or death of self or others in order to use force that could lead to death of the Bad Guy. Fear of lossing property is not enough. Of course, it would be the word of me versus the dead bad guy, but still, I wonder if it would be legal to shoot a looter.

Educate me on shooting looters.  

Depends on the place.

Down here in Florida I cannot use deadly force to protect property. I can use deadly force if you enter my property uninvited in order to protect myelf. Same as my place of business. If I am in MY store packing and folks rush in uninvited. I may do whatever it takes to defend myself on my property.

After Hurricane Andrew it was so bad folks patrolled their neighborhoods and some even set up checkpoints leading into some areas. Le and Military was non existant in some area and I bet anyone who shot a looter pretty much didnt have to worry about repurcussion. Heck the body would probably be pretty rottted by the time someone of authority got their and if the entire neighborhood defended the shooter, I doubt anything would happen.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll bet every one of those people at DU opens their doors and starts a chow line in thier own homes every time it rains.

And when the good citizens leave after a gracious free meal they give them parts of their home entertainment system.

That's sharing a whole lotta luv right there.

Those nutjobs only care about their agenda.  Screw 'em.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:59:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
aw man.. thanks for the laugh this morning... great post..

This is looting for greed, not survival. It's BS and it should be stopped by any force required. These people are making a bad situation FAR worse.

[LOUSY FREEPER TROLL!!!]

you made me spit out my breakfast.. !

+1 !  that was the funniest damn part, I cracked up good.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Where are all the alligators when you really, really need them?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#21]
too bad those weren't korean owned stores... "say herro to mai rittr flend!"
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Just saw some looting video's.  They stormed at Liquor store.  I guess they "needed" the alcohol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Just saw some footage of looters carrying away cart loads of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Just saw some footage of looters carrying away cart loads of stuff.

CNN?  I saw one guy with a cart full of Bud Lite
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#26]
The only thing  a looter deserves is a bullet
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
libralism= a mental illness

More specifically a learning disorder.
I tend to believe that liberalism is a case of arrested development, primarily around the age where a child begins to grow beyond dualism. Most people grow to learn that there is a grey area between black and white, and that many variables compose the complete picture of any circumstance. Prior to that understanding, children tend to see things as right or wrong, yes or no, up or down.....there is no in-between, and no logic can convince them of the flux between both states.

It seems to me that liberalism is a function of a person not getting past that dualistic way of interpreting the world around them.

Obviously, none of the people posting their outrage about the NG were even affected by the storm in the first place (they still have internet access)....as usual, they talk out of their asses about things they have little or no first hand experience with.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Who would have guessed that gun control supporters would be criminal sympathizers?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Looters are opportunists, not people in need. Relief efforts were being planned and prepared for even before the storm hit. Nobody down there is going to starve. Very few are in any real danger of dehydration.

If they can get to a store to loot, they can get to the many relief areas being set up to give people aid.

Liberals are complete idiots. And crap like they are spewing in that DU thread is EXACTLY the reason they should never be given power or any serious consideration.

Couldn't say it any better than that.

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looters are opportunists, not people in need. Relief efforts were being planned and prepared for even before the storm hit. Nobody down there is going to starve. Very few are in any real danger of dehydration.

If they can get to a store to loot, they can get to the many relief areas being set up to give people aid.

Liberals are complete idiots. And crap like they are spewing in that DU thread is EXACTLY the reason they should never be given power or any serious consideration.

Couldn't say it any better than that.

+1

+2

Fuck these cocksuckers. Why do you think they stayed behind? So they wouldn't miss out on the opportunities. Anybody who thinks these fucks weren't planning in advance which places to hit is an idiot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#31]
By ALLEN G. BREED, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 47 minutes ago

NEW ORLEANS - With much of the city emptied by Hurricane Katrina, some opportunists took advantage of the situation by looting stores.

At a Walgreen's drug store in the French Quarter, people were running out with grocery baskets and coolers full of soft drinks, chips and diapers.

When police finally showed up, a young boy stood in the door screaming, "86! 86!" — the radio code for police — and the crowd scattered.

Denise Bollinger, a tourist from Philadelphia, stood outside and snapped pictures in amazement.

"It's downtown Baghdad," the housewife said. "It's insane. I've wanted to come here for 10 years. I thought this was a sophisticated city. I guess not."

Around the corner on Canal Street, the main thoroughfare in the central business district, people sloshed headlong through hip-deep water as looters ripped open the steel gates on the front of several clothing and jewelry stores.

One man, who had about 10 pairs of jeans draped over his left arm, was asked if he was salvaging things from his store.

"No," the man shouted, "that's EVERYBODY'S store."

Looters filled industrial-sized garbage cans with clothing and jewelry and floated them down the street on bits of plywood and insulation as National Guard lumbered by.

Mike Franklin stood on the trolley tracks and watched the spectacle unfold.

"To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he said.

-----------------------------
And that makes it ok I guess?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

"To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it's an opportunity to get back at society," he said.

-----------------------------
And that makes it ok I guess?

I guess they need to "get back" at society for the free education, welfare, WIC, etc that they were given.

Dam I need to be oppressed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#33]
I'll say it again, looters should be shot on sight. Period.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#34]
what a bunch of bullshit.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Oppressed??  Wow.  

O-ppress the forward assist.  O-ppress the trigger.  O-ppress the urge to shoot up the entire magazine.

Anyway, next I want to see DU justify arson.  That usually follows mobs and "free" alcohol.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#36]
"I've wanted to come here for 10 years. I thought this was a sophisticated city. I guess not."

Very Cosmopolitan ...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Anyway, next I want to see DU justify arson.  That usually follows mobs and "free" alcohol.

Why, they're just trying to keep warm, you fascist pig!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#38]
I remember how much of a big stink DU'ers raised after Saddam was toppled and Irakis started looting government buildings.

somebody call them out on their bullshit

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Agreed, that would stop the vermin from stealing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Why are there so many fires?  Are they from the looters as well?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:12:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Damn straight!  

Oppressed my ass.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I remember how much of a big stink DU'ers raised after Saddam was toppled and Irakis started looting government buildings.

Iraq had free healthcare and education, so they don't meet the criteria of oppression for DU'ers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You get permanently banned so fast it is amasing.

I sure did

I saw on MSNBC a family that had been looted. THeir house was dry, but the fucking looters took everything of value. Oh, not that it matters, but the family that got looted was a very poor Black family, who, sadly did not have insurance....

Sure, it's just taking from the oppressor rich man......fucking DU retards. May they all eat a bowl of dick.

ETA: Isn't somebody from here a mod over there? If you can unlock my acct, I would appreciate it

Gravity Check is was my username over there....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Shiiiet, any looters that want to eat, i'll glady feed them! You TOO would be a fool NOT to feed a desperate looter that is in need of your help.

he can have all the 7.62 and 5.56 candy he wants.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:47:06 AM EDT
[#46]
... Oh course they do! They're usually the first in the streets to steal and act like asses
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top