Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Credit Cards have certain laws that apply to them AND your agreement with the company.

Likewise debit cards have certain policies and laws.  But if they run the debit card as a credit card, in some cases neither apply, and only the goodness of the company may save you if it gets stolen and used.

Thats why I made sure my Credit Cards are credit cards and the debit cards are debit cards and not both.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I never use a debit card.  Use a credit card, and let the CC company deal with the mess.  

+1. I never use my debit card either. Why use a card that gives direct access to youtr cheking account, when you can use a card that uses the credit card company's money?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit_card/ <--the credit card experiment..basicly shows you can sign anything.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:38:39 AM EDT
[#4]
And this thread is the very reason that I always make sure that I have cash on hand.

If I need cash for the day, I'll go to the ATM, and take cash out.  That way, no little scumbag can steal my number while I'm purchasing something.  Besides, why should I let anyone know what my spending habits are?  It just means someone, somewhere, is selling that info, and I end up getting more junk mail.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top