Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So this new Fulcrum variant is the MiG-35?  What are the MiG-32, 33 and 34 then?

There are no even-numbered MiG variants, generally speaking.

MiG-33 is a develpopment of the MiG-29.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I see you didn't bother to ask the USAF and Navy guys who went up against the former East German Air Force MiG-29's what they think of the MiG-29.

Quoted:
As good as they may be, they are no match for the US Airforce or US Navy.  And they will not have the technical support or financial means to keep front line craft like that flying.  Russians have never delivered a plane that lived up to the hype.  This includes Mig 25s and Mig 29s, all of which have always been outclassed by their American counterparts.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I dee you didn't bother to ask the USAF and Navy guys who went up against the former East German Air Force MiG-29's what they think of the MiG-29.

Quoted:
As good as they may be, they are no match for the US Airforce or US Navy.  And they will not have the technical support or financial means to keep front line craft like that flying.  Russians have never delivered a plane that lived up to the hype.  This includes Mig 25s and Mig 29s, all of which have always been outclassed by their American counterparts.

Well, what do they think?  I take it you knew a few.  And for the record, I never said they were poor designs.  I said Russian planes were poorly executed, in terms of manufacturing quality, quality of crews, and availability of spare parts.  Even the USSR Airforce was in shitty condition, and the western strategists only recently decided that the Soviet war machine was overestimated.  Read the book by the Fulcrum pilot that landed in Turkey, see what he has to say.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It will be flown by half assed trained pilots, maintained by monkeys with no mechanical skills, supported by zero spare parts, and serve as the next target practice for American pilots in our next war with some shithole country that bought a few of Russia's "greatest" airplane.  

Hot DAMN thats a great reply. I couldnt of said it better myself. Nice job.

Only if it's true.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:59:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Exactly… the last time the USAF went up agianst 1st division Pilots flying 1st Division aircraft was in the Korean War when Russian Pilots were flying against them… look up the kills the Russians scored.

The RUSSIAN pilots flying MIG15's in the Korean War had a 2:1 kill ratio…

http://www.acepilots.com/russian/rus_aces.html

ANdy

Those weren't the average Russian pilot, they were the best they had.  And of course they had quality pilots in the early 50's, they still had WWII vets flying and training these guys.  That has nothing to do with their ability or LACK of ability to field an effective modern Air Force; much less the abilities of their second rate allies.

Whoopee, the Russians have a few demo Mig 35s... let's see the production model.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

And the USAF/USMC/RAF pilots in Korea were the best we had…

The Russian pilots were only a handful flying with the North Koreans, handpicked from the Soviet airforce and hardly representative of the average Soviet pilot.  Our pilots were not handpicked from among other pilots, it is not a fair comparison.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top