Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
These things are a Russian sub disaster waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was this guy I bet.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/visigoth/sigmund2.jpg

Nah.... Sigmund the sea monster wouldn't hurt anyone...

What were his brothers names ???  Burp & Slurp or something ?

I find it a little disturbing that you know this.......

Being a kid in the 70's had it's advantages...  
A quick search...  The show was on the air from Sept '73 to Oct '75...  

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was this guy I bet.

www.70slivekidvid.com/sigmund/oozefam1.jpg

Ha! I remember that when I was a kid in the 70s! You guys remember H.R. Puff N' Stuff? Did the same guys create both of them?

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was this guy I bet.

Ha! I remember that when I was a kid in the 70s! You guys remember H.R. Puff N' Stuff? Did the same guys create both of them?

I'm pretty sure the same people were responsible for both.

Egad, now I feel old....I used to watch both shows when I was a wee lad.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Cookie Cutter.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#6]
[homer]Cookie Cutter Shark...hmmm...[/homer]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:25:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw a show that talked about the cookie cutter shark doing damadge to an American sub by bighting hunks out of the surface. Could that be it?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#8]

What they do is bite down and let the motion of the water drag them around in a circle to take out a chunk
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
suaid and the like are prety impressive animals
A friend has a good sized cuttlefish in his salt water tank
that thing kills and eats anything in sight
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was this guy I bet.

Don't forget the Sleestacks from Land of the Lost.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Any time you go into the ocean you are entering the Food Chain
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It was this guy I bet.

Yes..
Sid and Marty Kroft Shows

H. R. Puff n Stuff
Lidsville
Sigmund and the Sea Monster
Banana Split
Lost( ABC Series)Link
Donny and Marie Star wars Link
Land of the Lost
Dr Shrinker
Far Out Space Nuts
Lost Saucer
The Bugaloos
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Beerslayer is right! The navy has already proven it! The Giant Squid is drwn to the sonar bean for some reason, they have actually found dead ones fried by the sonar waves still clinging in a couple cases.

And yes they do exist. Canadian Seamen who had ships sank by Torpedoes in WWII have been eaten by them, due to the bright orange color of their floatation vest attracting them and other Seamen have seen that is what they were.

Crikey mate , whether getting picked off a lifeboat .......or swallowed whole while floating by a beak ,
I bet the survivors were a little shook .

Jeez wacthing your buddies gettin picked off the life raft by a tenacle would really suck (HAR HAR) I'm thinkin you'd never be the same not soon not later not ever ! gives me the willies just thinkin about it . I dont wilie easy

You're not getting swallowed whole. You have dozens or hundreds of suckers with scarred-flesh inducing  suction, sharp hooks digging into your body, and then shredded by a beak that is razor-edged on one side and serrated on the other. And you're under the water the entire time. It's about one of the nastiest, most painful ways to die there is.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But there is no documented case of a human seeing one alive .

Yeah there is.  The crew of the Alecton in November of 1861, amongst others.

Architeuthis.  I want one.

Your right I  forgot about that .

There was also an incident reported in WWII after a ship went down and the guys were stuck floating on debris for several days. They reported that a big squid stalked them and would periodically reach up and just snatch one of them off the rafts. One survivor still had big sucker marks where the squid had torn out big chunks of his flesh.

If I had my way that fucker would be frying in boiling oil. Even then that's still not good enough for the bastard.

Isn't that kind of harsh?  Just because an old Sailor is covered in giant sucker scars is no valid reason to subject him to that type of torture.

The squid, dumbass.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Those things are also supposed to be pretty smart.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Beerslayer is right! The navy has already proven it! The Giant Squid is drwn to the sonar bean for some reason, they have actually found dead ones fried by the sonar waves still clinging in a couple cases.

And yes they do exist. Canadian Seamen who had ships sank by Torpedoes in WWII have been eaten by them, due to the bright orange color of their floatation vest attracting them and other Seamen have seen that is what they were.

Crikey mate , whether getting picked off a lifeboat .......or swallowed whole while floating by a beak ,
I bet the survivors were a little shook .

Jeez wacthing your buddies gettin picked off the life raft by a tenacle would really suck (HAR HAR) I'm thinkin you'd never be the same not soon not later not ever ! gives me the willies just thinkin about it . I dont wilie easy

You're not getting swallowed whole. You have dozens or hundreds of suckers with scarred-flesh inducing  suction, sharp hooks digging into your body, and then shredded by a beak that is razor-edged on one side and serrated on the other. And you're under the water the entire time. It's about one of the nastiest, most painful ways to die there is.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But there is no documented case of a human seeing one alive .

Yeah there is.  The crew of the Alecton in November of 1861, amongst others.

Architeuthis.  I want one.

Your right I  forgot about that .

There was also an incident reported in WWII after a ship went down and the guys were stuck floating on debris for several days. They reported that a big squid stalked them and would periodically reach up and just snatch one of them off the rafts. One survivor still had big sucker marks where the squid had torn out big chunks of his flesh.

If I had my way that fucker would be frying in boiling oil. Even then that's still not good enough for the bastard.

Isn't that kind of harsh?  Just because an old Sailor is covered in giant sucker scars is no valid reason to subject him to that type of torture.

The squid, dumbass.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those things are also supposed to be pretty smart.

They are!

Something about the ability to change their skin color patterns and percive similar changes in their fellow cuttles.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:59:16 PM EDT
[#17]
How 'bout one of these babies chambered in the almighty .44 Magnum? (yes, they come in that size, or .357!)

Friggin' "part of the food chain" my ass!

It's a Bang Stick. Basically, a close quarters underwater gun. For big fish. And octopusses. And giant man-eating squid.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Are we talking squid rounds or squib rounds? Either nuke it or dont touch it, depending on what the fuck subject we're on...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#19]
TAGG
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What they do is bite down and let the motion of the water drag them around in a circle to take out a chunk

You certainly wouldn't want one of these to latch on to your genitals
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There wouldn't be much latching.  It would be there, the fish would hit it, and then it'll be gone.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Oh my God

ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2005/01/10/196341/squid1.jpg

Thanks for the nightmares.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

By the by a "league" is a unit of distance a "fathom" is a unit of depth.  It should have been "20,000 Fathoms Under the Sea.", LOL.

It referred to distance traveled while submerged not the depth of the sub.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.sciencenews.org/pages/sn_arc98/8_1_98/shark2.jpg

I can't think of many things I WOULD want to latch onto my genitals.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:29:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.sciencenews.org/pages/sn_arc98/8_1_98/shark2.jpg

I can't think of many things I WOULD want to latch onto my genitals.

My girl friend likes to latch on for a while.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:06:47 AM EDT
[#26]
The candiru has a voracious appetite for blood and will parasitize fish, mammals, and humans. One scientist, while holding a candiru, accidently let it enter a small cut on his hand. It could be seen writhing under the skin towards the vein.

To find a fish, the candiru first tastes the water, trying to locate a water stream that is coming from the gills of a fish. Once such a stream is detected, the candiru follows the stream to its new host and inserts itself inside the gill flap. Spines around its head then pierce the scales of the fish and draws blood while anchoring the candiru in place. The candiru then feeds on the blood by using its mouth as a slurping apparatus and while rasping the long teeth on its top jaw.

When candirus parasitize humans, it is usually only when they are skinny-dipping while urinating in the water. The candiru tastes the urine stream and follows it back to the human. It then swims up the anus and lodges itself somewhere in the urinary tract with its spines. Blood is drawn, and the candiru gorges itself on both the blood and body tissue, its body sometimes expanding due to the amount of blood. This is all said to be very painful for the poor person who has this happen to him or her. Unfortunately, they are almost impossible to remove due to the spines. Amputation of the private areas is the cheapest, and most life-changing, way to remove the fish. Actual surgery is extremely expensive and involves inserting the Xagua plant and the Buitach apple up the urethra. These two plants kill and even dissolve the parasitic fish. If surgery is not done in time, the blockage of the urinary tract will prove fatal. The candiru is the only known vertebrate to parasitize humans......

www.angelfire.com/mo2/animals1/catfish/candiru.html

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll take a giant squid any day over this "candiru" thingy. At least the squid doesn't swim up your A$$!

P.S. Ditto to being a kid who grew-up during the 70's. I miss those wacky creatures from Puff 'N Stuff.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The candiru has a voracious appetite for blood and will parasitize fish, mammals, and humans. One scientist, while holding a candiru, accidently let it enter a small cut on his hand. It could be seen writhing under the skin towards the vein.

To find a fish, the candiru first tastes the water, trying to locate a water stream that is coming from the gills of a fish. Once such a stream is detected, the candiru follows the stream to its new host and inserts itself inside the gill flap. Spines around its head then pierce the scales of the fish and draws blood while anchoring the candiru in place. The candiru then feeds on the blood by using its mouth as a slurping apparatus and while rasping the long teeth on its top jaw.

When candirus parasitize humans, it is usually only when they are skinny-dipping while urinating in the water. The candiru tastes the urine stream and follows it back to the human. It then swims up the anus and lodges itself somewhere in the urinary tract with its spines. Blood is drawn, and the candiru gorges itself on both the blood and body tissue, its body sometimes expanding due to the amount of blood. This is all said to be very painful for the poor person who has this happen to him or her. Unfortunately, they are almost impossible to remove due to the spines. Amputation of the private areas is the cheapest, and most life-changing, way to remove the fish. Actual surgery is extremely expensive and involves inserting the Xagua plant and the Buitach apple up the urethra. These two plants kill and even dissolve the parasitic fish. If surgery is not done in time, the blockage of the urinary tract will prove fatal. The candiru is the only known vertebrate to parasitize humans......

Who has an anus on their penis?

That explanation sounds like bull. Painful, awful bull.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#29]

...never heard of the Ureter Goldfish have you?

The story has it's facts mixed up...here's more: cockfish
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

...never heard of the Ureter Goldfish have you?

The story has it's facts mixed up...here's more: cockfish

I've heard of fish that swim up urethras and lodge there, yeah.

But this story is messed up - the fish swims up your anus yet gets lodged in the urinary tract and they have to shove apples and stuff up there to kill it...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:48:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#34]
The candiru is a very real creature and it does indeed swim up your urethra to parisitize you. That post, however, was written by a complete idiot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top