Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:20:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Sex offenders? I think my give-a-shit's broken.

They got what they deserved.  If there were Level III they shouldn't have been free anyways.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:22:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The other problem is that the level of offense is not always listed.  Some of the people on the offender list are people who merely groped someone or exposed themselves.  

I dont have a problem if the guy getting killed is actually the offender.  

what about situations where the guy was convicted only to find out a few years later the 12 yr old girl lied about the sexual assault - happened in Denton - my friend was on the jury and they convicted the guy just on her word, no cross examination, nothing (i told him at the time that it sounded like bullshit to me....) - a few years later she confessed - it was all made up! - that bothers the fuck out of me - it is one power women have over men if they want to abuse it and the laws protect them from cross examination too
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:22:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Karma will kick you in the nuts everytime.

Sometimes, a bit harder than normal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Good find, Kythri.

I can't understand why this dude let one sex offender walk out the door after seeing his face, when he was already planning to kill them.  That seems kind of sloppy from my armchair.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:50:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Missing sex offender sought

JOHN STARK
THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

The Whatcom County Sheriff's Office is looking for Paul Landis Gorden, a convicted sex offender who left his registered address in the 5400 block of Guide Meridian without notifying authorities.
The state Department of Corrections has issued an arrest warrant for Gorden, 26, because of the probation violation. Jones is considered highly likely to commit new offenses, said Whatcom County Undersheriff Carey James.
Gorden has two convictions stemming from sexual relations with 14-year-old girls. He is white, 5-foot-9 and 175 pounds, with blond hair, blue eyes and tattoos on his arms, stomach, back, head and ankles. Anyone with information on his whereabouts may contact the Sheriff's Office at 676-6650 or the Department of Corrections at 676-2110.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:51:31 AM EDT
[#6]
We should castrate all dangerous sex offenders.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Now, the really interesting question is, Does the shooter have any more "projects" in the works? If he's really motivated, this could get quite interesting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Link to article?

Google News = news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=bellingham
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#9]
So they were not nice people...............Level III. High risk to re-offend within the community at large. Relevant, accurate and necessary information concerning offenders classified as risk Level III may be disclosed to the public at large............So society has been protected...................The Justice system is starting to work!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:07:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The other problem is that the level of offense is not always listed.  Some of the people on the offender list are people who merely groped someone or exposed themselves.  

I dont have a problem if the guy getting killed is actually the offender.  

WTF
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:07:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Interesting justice.  Here in Los Angeles, they would probably be having a candlelight vigil for them...  

Eric  

ha ha ha ha aha aha ha aha aha aha ahaa aha
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:14:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please, please, please let it begin.

yes but if whoever did this is out there make sure you dont kill the types who pissed behind the bar in public or were in college and went streaking

The news article seems to indicate the the offenders were Level III offenders.

Washington classifies Level III as:

Level III. High risk to re-offend within the community at large.  Relevant, accurate and necessary information concerning offenders classified as risk Level III may be disclosed to the public at large.

The information about the 3 offenders mentioned in the article may have been removed, but, this is what I've found so far:

Bellingham Level III Sex Offenders
Whatcom County (Bellingham is in Whatcom) Level III Sex Offenders

If they were Level III, then the 'vigilante' needs to start being referred to as a hero.

How would like to have this freak as your neighbor?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:16:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Evans, Nathan Thomas Marion - victim is female, age 12.
Gorden, Paul Landis - victim is a female, age 14.
Marroquin, Joe Louis - victims are female, ages 8-14.

The address of all three is "5400 Guide Meridian"

Is it just me,  or does letting three high risk offenders that target the same victims, live in the SAME HOME seem like an outstandingly bad idea?

WTF is the parole board thinking?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#14]
What's the problem?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:32:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What's the problem?

The only problem I see is that the shooter missed one and is only batting 666.666
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The FBI should take credit for this, they could use some good PR.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Posted by BigBore45
matia.cob.org:4911/PIRSexOffenders/OffenderPhotos/SO_1026822.jpg

How would like to have this freak as your neighbor?

That looks like a strung-out Howard Stern!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:41:45 AM EDT
[#18]
As for the shooter, give him the ket to the city and a free box of Golden Sabres

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
We should castrate all dangerous sex offenders.

Wouldn't do any good bro.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Is it just me,  or does letting three high risk offenders that target the same victims, live in the SAME HOME seem like an outstandingly bad idea?

As a parole officer, that was the first thing that hit me.  WTF is up letting three turds reside together?  In every jurisdiction I've worked in/had expereince dealing with on interstate issues etc, there is a conidition of parole/probation/release that the individual cannot be in contact (much less reside with) another individual who is on any type of supervision.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a parole officer, that was the first thing that hit me.  WTF is up letting three turds reside together?  In every jurisdiction I've worked in/had expereince dealing with on interstate issues etc, there is a conidition of parole/probation/release that the individual cannot be in contact (much less reside with) another individual who is on any type of supervision.

I have no experience with any of this, on either side of the law, but I could have sworn that it was as you say, a condition of release...

They don't appear to be the only ones, either - there's another pair living together in Bellingham, as well, it looks like.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Update.

www.bellinghamherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050828/NEWS/50827007

Any realtors around here with access to the Whatcom County MLS who can tell us who the owner of the house is?

ETA: It sure was nice of the webmaster to remove all three offenders from the list, since nobody with those addresses are on there...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oddly, in the Sex Offender Alert that we have in the Arizona Repugnant I noticed that there were TWO sex offenders also being listed in the same addrees.  From what I have understood, many offenders of that type are often sent to the same apartment complexes and such.  Not very bright on the State's part....but easier for Hit men.....hee hee.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like dad/brother/uncle/cousin/etc. didn't like that fact that the guys who messed with his little ones were let out on the street with a slap on the wrist.

I can't say I disagree with what he did.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Castration for the first offense. Death for the second.

Skip step A and go right to step B!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Castration for the first offense. Death for the second.

Skip step A and go right to step B!

Agreed.  Rape rates right up there with murder.  No castrastion, no second chance.

Of course, I'd rather the punishment of castration compared to what we have now...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Nothing but net.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Guy deserves a medal.

+1

Although I agree that it may help hide the ID of other offenders.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#32]
I would be willing to bet that it is either someone who was the victim of a molestation in the past, or someone who had a kid who was a victim, who is actually a really nice guy and would normally never kill.  He probably went there armed with some information about the crimes, and dropped several questions on them for two reasons:  To make sure they were the right ones, and also to let the rage build up so that he was able to go through with it.  He probably was too 'normal' to be able to go up, ring the doorbell and put a slug into the guy who answered the door.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like dad/brother/uncle/cousin/etc. didn't like that fact that the guys who messed with his little ones were let out on the street with a slap on the wrist.

Or a serial killer decided to go after sex offenders, figuring that little effort would be put into the investigation. I suppose that's a bit of a stretch though.

Interesting thought, since serial killers tend to have some sort of sexual/emotional motivation.  He's a clever SOB at that,  since he managed to role play 3 felons for HOURS.

Could we have a sexual deviant that gets off on killing other sexual deviants?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:57:43 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or a serial killer decided to go after sex offenders, figuring that little effort would be put into the investigation. I suppose that's a bit of a stretch though.

No it's not and a damn fine idea for a movie too
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:00:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that could make for an entertaining movie.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that could make for an entertaining movie.

It would be one of those movies where it would be hard for the audience to have any sympathy with the soon to be deceased child molesters.
And promote gun culture at the same time
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#37]
It was only a matter of time before some vigialanties got their address's off the internet
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Yawn.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#39]

This really made my day.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The world is a little better off than it was yesterday.

+1,000,000

Vermin got what they deserved.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Peronally, I feel that the justice system needs to be upheld.

I recommend,...no, make that DEMAND that we find out who murdered these people.

...Just as soon as we clear up where Natalie Holloway is...
...who really murdered Nicole Simpson...
...who assassinated JFK...
...who shot JR...
...find out who it was that scratched my bumper...
...investigate who invented Vienna sausages and why...
...and finally, get a sample of the sun's core.

After that, this murderer goes right to the top of the manhunt list.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Boo F'ing Hoo

CARES?!

If these guys had been in prison, the same thing would'a happened, sex offenders are pretty well at the bottom of the prison food chain.

I'm with Johnny_Reno on this, this needs looking into... as soon as we compute pi to the last digit.  And Double check the results.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

It took them years to catch Gary Ridgeway

This guy they'll spare no expense in catching
Gotta protect those Sex Offenders
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Missing sex offender sought

JOHN STARK
THE BELLINGHAM HERALD

The Whatcom County Sheriff's Office is looking for Paul Landis Gorden, a convicted sex offender who left his registered address in the 5400 block of Guide Meridian without notifying authorities.
The state Department of Corrections has issued an arrest warrant for Gorden, 26, because of the probation violation. Jones is considered highly likely to commit new offenses, said Whatcom County Undersheriff Carey James.
Gorden has two convictions stemming from sexual relations with 14-year-old girls. He is white, 5-foot-9 and 175 pounds, with blond hair, blue eyes and tattoos on his arms, stomach, back, head and ankles. Anyone with information on his whereabouts may contact the Sheriff's Office at 676-6650 or the Department of Corrections at 676-2110.

www.bellinghamherald.com/images/masthead-nobg.jpg

From his file:

Third Degree for having sexual intercourse multiple times over a 6-week period with an
unrelated 14-year-old female victim. Gordon was sentenced to 20 months in prison.
After he got out of prison, and while still on probation, he located another unrelated 14-
year-old female victim and groomed her for the purposes of sexual victimization.
Gordon had sexual intercourse with that victim multiple times over a few month time
frame. Gorden ignored the warnings from Police and Probation Officials against contact
with young females. Gorden targeted vulnerable young troubled females, and used
grooming techniques over a relatively short time frame to induce them to have sexual
intercourse with him. Gorden also has a history of assaults and an armed robbery
causing harm. Gorden has not participated in any sex offender treatment programs.
Paul Landis Gorden was evaluated as a Level 3 Sex Offender (a High Risk to Re-
Offend).

Eric  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Like someone else said, if the state was doing it's job, they would be dead already, if not locked up.

I just hope the shooter has melted the gun down with a oxy-acetlene torch. I don't want to see it used against him.

Rightous shoot, I'd say.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Hell mabye this is where all of the long time board members are going. To help with a ARFCOM star chamber.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#47]
After reading the criminal history posted....holy shit.

We are better for having lost them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#48]
What I want to know is, if Level III means "high risk to re-offend", then...

WHY THE FUCK ARE THESE CRETINS FREE TO ROAM AROUND?!!

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have often wondered about that. Not sex offenders so much as hard core criminals. Who the heck really cares if scumbags kill scumbags?

However it might be because criminals do sometimes fight back. Serial killers probably like nice easy targets.

Just rambling. Back to the thread at hand.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#50]
<-----------------Turns blind eye.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top