Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I call BS. [bsflag]

Is the Iraqi Tabuk a 7.62x39 or a 7.62x54r?

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I call Bulshit on this.

This sounds waaaaay too much like some liberal fantasy movie character.  "Invisible"  "unknown"  

What's next?   "Immortal"?

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#3]
"including four US Marine snipers in one day. "

I can garantee you that this is incorrect.
If this individual really exist he has not killed 4 Marine Scout Snipers period, much less in one day.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#4]
oooooooooohhhhhhh, he made a 200 yard shot, I'm scared.

Hell, with my M1A I can hit a torso at 200 yards from the offhand position.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If this individual really exist he has not killed 4 Marine Scout Snipers period, much less in one day.

Yea really.......... I doubt this too.......... However it is amusing!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#7]

La Voz de Aztlan received an e-mail from one of our subscribers in Saudi Arabia...

Why do you suppose a Saudi Arabian is a subscriber to a leftist/ racial separatist newspaper of the US?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

]

There were, what, six of them killed in one operation a couple weeks ago.  

Moral:  always check your six!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:52:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

La Voz de Aztlan received an e-mail from one of our subscribers in Saudi Arabia...

Why do you suppose a Saudi Arabian is a subscriber to a leftist/ racial separatist newspaper of the US?

Excellent point. They both share the goal of the downfall of the US. There have been reports that Arabs pose as Mexicans and enter the US through the Mexican border. If they do have subsciber, then why couldn't there also be an alliance between the Aztlan group and Al Queda. Even if there is no such subscriber and no current alliance, then the article is effectively an advertisement for an alliance. They, at least, are fantasizing about having subscribers in Saudi Arabia and snipers in the US and are in a position to offer aid to terrorists.

On the bright side, if such an alliance if found, it will be politically damning for the Aztlan traitors. I'd love to see them tied to Al Queda.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:53:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I too think this a bucket of BS, considering it comes from the AZTLAN press, and their insertion that one of the first targets should be Senator Tancredo whom we all know is leading the fight to end illegal immigration here. Sounds like 'wishful' thinking in this case.

As far as the possibility of a skilled shooter existing in Iraq, sure why not?? There has to be at least ONE "capable" shooter somewhere in the entire Middle East!!!  But I too doubt that he has been so successful as to take one, (much less four US Snipers in one day.)

Yeah, just a pile of wishful bs thinking comming from those who would like to see something like this happen.

I for one will not lose any sleep over it.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:56:59 AM EDT
[#11]
The sniper issue is real.  I haven't heard if "Juba" has been verified, but one of the other theories going around is that they are Chechens.  I think it might have been posted here even.

A friend of mine captured a Tabuk rifle complete with suppresor on a raid last year.  Said it was a decent rifle but only shot 2 moa tops.  More like an accurized AK than an SVD.  The suppresor was good for 1-2 shots before it puked the steel wool it used out all over, and you had to piss in it for it to really do anything.  His overall opinion:  POS.

I have pics but I would have to edit out some faces before I post them.

Here is a pic...

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#12]
call for fire is a great thing
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I remember that in the Arab world long distance target shooting was a very popular sport. It was one of the reasons the Kyhber pass was so bad for the Russians.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
 I say we just bomb them back 50 years to the stone age and be done with it....

We already did, thats why they're using AK's
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Highly strained Islamic snipers on their way to the USA

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow, he shoots from 300 yards.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Assumeing there really was a "sniper", it likely is not a single person this would explane why noones seen him, it's simply a conglomoration of the few terrorists that actually bother to aim, surprise if you aim you tend to hit your target, this is also supported by this is a standard AK doing it, and contrary to the artical the rifle they mentioned is just a standard AK, just Iraqi produced there not sniper rifles there not even good AK's it's a complete piece of crap, cheap even for an AK, the artical chose it because it's Iraqi, and makes better propaganda, and there is no way to tell contry of origion by the sound of the shot, a Romanian AK-47, a Chinese AK-47, a Yugoslavian AK-47, A Russian AK-47, A Bulgarian AK-47, an Iraqi AK-47, and any other AK-47 all sound the same....

If the gun was correctly identified as a Tabruk, it's just an Iraqi manufacturered Druganov extended range rifle. It is based off a Kalashnikov and fires 7.62x54R (same as the PKM LMG, but more accurate);  it is not a "sniper rifle" per se. The Russians used them to cover the inaccuracies of the AK-47 at longer ranges, so do their client states.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#19]
"aztlan.net"

You have to be fucking shitting me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He has been known to hit his mark from 300 yards which is the length of three football fields.

Woooh!!!! 300yds!!!!………

BFD… US/UK Snipers take shots out to 1000-1,200yds…

Come play with this Marines .338 Lapua Magnum 1,200yd toy Juba!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/04113501.jpg
British Royal Marine Commando on counter-sniper detail in the Green Zone.

Exactly.

This guy is no hotshot.  The only thing that he's smart about is that he only takes one shot at a time.

I wonder how many times he's missed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#21]
What i dont understand is why the Govt does not go after these Aztlan pukes for sedition...........
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Los Angeles, Alta California - August 23, 2005 - (ACN) The USA mainstream media is "filtering" the news coming out of Iraq. It is not reporting on certain items deemed by the Pentagon to be detrimental to the morale of US troops or their families back home.

hahahaha OK.... whatever.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm sure Sheriff Moose will be hot on the case!
www.abcnewsstore.com/store/customer/images/products/images/abc_moose_021022_nh.jpg

Yeah,they're probably over there looking for a white guy in a white van.

Fortier had an article in Shotgun News a couple months back about an Iraqi made "sniper rifle".I think it was in 7.62 x 54.

I would bet there are at least a couple terrs over there that know how to shoot.O don't think there's a chance of them coming here though.Could be some already here.

I agree that they're already here.  What is John Muhammad was actually a terrorist and was just saying he was doing it for the money so it wouldn't be exposed as a terrorist plot ?  Anybody else thought of this ?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I hope one of our sniper teams can take him out.

Max
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Multiple snipers using the same name to try to bring up morale sounds more believable to me. If I was the weaker force I would use propaganda such as this myself. Only shooting once is smart as it is hard to pinpoint the shot. While I have no doubt that there are skilled snipers on the side of the enemy a "legend" is much more effective to recruit others then just saying we have lots of good shots.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The sniper issue is real.  I haven't heard if "Juba" has been verified, but one of the other theories going around is that they are Chechens.  I think it might have been posted here even.

A friend of mine captured a Tabuk rifle complete with suppresor on a raid last year.  Said it was a decent rifle but only shot 2 moa tops.  More like an accurized AK than an SVD.  The suppresor was good for 1-2 shots before it puked the steel wool it used out all over, and you had to piss in it for it to really do anything.  His overall opinion:  POS.

I have pics but I would have to edit out some faces before I post them.

Here is a pic...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/TheKill/Iraq/tabukedit.jpg

I would agree with a summary of a few posts. If a enemy sniper is having a run, he is probably a mercenary ringer brought in from a former soviet unit. Probably a chechan. More than likely, a couple of guys brought in to take some shots at our guys. I doubt they are training anyone in Iraq, but more likely in Syria or Iran, and trying to sneak them in. If the  borders there are anything like the borders here, I suppose that it is easy to get them in. However, I doubt they will be active or successful for very long. We have to many assets over there, that will nip this clown or clowns in the bud.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
He has been known to hit his mark from 300 yards which is the length of three football fields.

Woooh!!!! 300yds!!!!………

BFD… US/UK Snipers take shots out to 1000-1,200yds…

Come play with this Marines .338 Lapua Magnum 1,200yd toy Juba!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/04113501.jpg
British Royal Marine Commando on counter-sniper detail in the Green Zone.

Exactly.

This guy is no hotshot.  The only thing that he's smart about is that he only takes one shot at a time.

I wonder how many times he's missed.

I wonder how many others are learning the one shot rule?This shit has been going on long enough that some of the ragheads are going to learn and adapt.

I think Darwin has weeded out most of the stupid ones and the ones that are left are starting to figure it out.You see your ol buddy Achmed fire a bunch of rounds at the infidels,then see a 500 pounder dropped on him,you might,if you are smart,rethink your strategy.

I think the longer this goes,the smarter they will get (or at least as smart as they can get) and the more knowledgable they will get about tactics and what works................and what doesn't.

BOB1984-I think there is more to that story than what they are telling us-Wouldn't want to bring up the whole muslim/Christian thing though.People might get riled up.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I remember that in the Arab world long distance target shooting was a very popular sport. It was one of the reasons the Kyhber pass was so bad for the Russians.

Afghanistan is known for their riflemen. Not true for the rest of the arab world though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Chechen
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#30]
I think I've seen this movie before... Vassili Zaitsev, anyone?

Sounds like a poorly organized propaganda effort, and the aztlan.net doesn't help their credibility much.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I call Bulshit on this.

This sounds waaaaay too much like some liberal fantasy movie character.  "Invisible"  "unknown"  

What's next?   "Immortal"?

CMOS

Yeah, I picked up on that also.

An unknown "super" sniper that kills US troops and trains other snipers to come to the US and kill Tancredo and right-wing radio talk show hosts?

Sounds like a DUh orgyfantasyfest.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/TheKill/Iraq/tabukedit.jpg

Yeah...     three blacked-out lines above a(n) <specific unit> patch along with a date on the photo.

Methinks your editing skills need improvement, man.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#33]
My son is an army scout at Camp Rustimya. He said several weeks ago there was sniper giving them some trouble and they were taking steps to sniper a sniper. I will ask him about it when I talk to him. We hear from him about once or twice a week. He said this morning that Sadr city was heating up.

Chinook3
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#34]
The first part of that Aztlan article sounds credible, especially since I've read it  before.  The second part about a squad of them coming to the US to take out Rush Limbaugh and Tom Tandredo is just wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Juba is now a mythic hero to the Iraqi resistance. Word on the streets of Baghdad, from those who know Juba, is that his rifle is running out of space to add more "notches" that signify US occupation soldiers he has killed. Juba is now training an "elite" insurgent sniper squad that will target personnel coming in and out from Baghdad's Green Zone.

Nuke the city.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Maybe AZTLAN plans to start thire ''war'' snipe at us and are leaders then blame it on a Islamic sniper?    
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#37]
This is nothing new to any theater of operations.  Back in the day, I can remember reading several issues of Soldier of Fortune where Mujahideen forces were using WWII Lee-Enfields in .303 to wreak havoc on the invading hordes of Soviet troops.  Many of these shots were taken in excess of 500 meters.  So if many Afghanistani freedom fighters are capable of making what would be considered excellent shots at extended ranges, then it's probably a good chance that the Iraqui soldiers or insurgents can do the same.  

Don't misread my meaning here, I'm just playing devil's advocate.  Thinking that the Iraqui soldiers/insurgents aren't capable of doing this is to set yourself up for a major suprise.  The same mistake was made in Vietnam and we all know how that turned out.  

Our troops are better trained, have better equipment, and have a wealth of knowledge from seasoned NCO's and officers.  This is a war in which we will previal, Juba or no Juba.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like a desparate attempt to scare the US.

It'd qualify as a SHTF situation where anyone that shot any of these guys would probably get away with it.  So any of you crazy fuckers out there that think you look forward to shooting someone, then here's your chance.

Does this mean we can start up local counter-sniper teams

You guys aren't already training?????  You're behind the curve!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd like to see what some of our deployed members here have to say about this.

Justin
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
This is nothing new to any theater of operations.  Back in the day, I can remember reading several issues of Soldier of Fortune where Mujahideen forces were using WWII Lee-Enfields in .303 to wreak havoc on the invading hordes of Soviet troops.  Many of these shots were taken in excess of 500 meters.  So if many Afghanistani freedom fighters are capable of making what would be considered excellent shots at extended ranges, then it's probably a good chance that the Iraqui soldiers or insurgents can do the same.  

Don't misread my meaning here, I'm just playing devil's advocate.  Thinking that the Iraqui soldiers/insurgents aren't capable of doing this is to set yourself up for a major suprise.  The same mistake was made in Vietnam and we all know how that turned out.  

Our troops are better trained, have better equipment, and have a wealth of knowledge from seasoned NCO's and officers.  This is a war in which we will previal, Juba or no Juba.

I remember reading those articles.I remember SOF interviewing former Russian soldiers telling how they feared that one round of 303.It came out of nowhere and took a guy out and you never new where it came from.

I also remember them saying when they when into a village,if they found even ONE 303 round,the village was razed.

I would be more afraid of someone that fires one well aimed shot,than some clown spraying with an AK.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#41]
MECHA with arafatASS

Draw your own conclusions.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Multiple snipers using the same name to try to bring up morale sounds more believable to me. If I was the weaker force I would use propaganda such as this myself. Only shooting once is smart as it is hard to pinpoint the shot. While I have no doubt that there are skilled snipers on the side of the enemy a "legend" is much more effective to recruit others then just saying we have lots of good shots.

That's how it typically works.

The IRA had a rather decent sized team of snipers and radiomen working in Armagh. Of course it was publicized that it was only one guy. Makes it seem spookier that way.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
MECHA with arafatASS

Draw your own conclusions.

scary shizzle  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#44]
That first article is total BS. It's a propoganda piece from the fucking La Raza assholes who we KNOW have been working with the muslims against America.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not BS, there is a very skilled Sniper operating in Iraq, mostly in Ramadi but appears to have moved east.

The BS part is that he's coming to the US.

My mistake should have been more specific, he was moving into Eastern Iraq and now it seems he is working around Baghdad.  The Sniper is very real and has wounded or killed several who were sent to get him.  A little while ago they did role up his one of his spotter though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#46]
The 4 Snipers in one day was something not related to the suspected Chechen.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#47]
The whole "coming to America to destroy the US propagandists" sounds like a bunch of bullshit aimed to make people stop saying those mean harsh things about those nice islamic psycho-fanatics.

+1 on the "Enemy at the Guantanamo, starring Juba Law and Ed Harrisema
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#48]
From what I have been able to determine, this article appears to be a "plant".  The lack of mention of the Juba fellow by any of our numerous members currently in theater strengthens my suspicion.  I don't think any of them mentioning the Juba fellow would compromise any operational security, so the silence from these folks on this topic appears to be because this fellow doesn't exist.  I'd like to hear from folks like Simplydynamic who are in the region, if they've even heard of thsi fellow.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#49]
This guy is probably a Chechen.  If they had a Iraqi with balls enough to look something in the eye(that was not a child, old woman or drugged and tied up) and kill it I would be suprised.

Shooting 300yds is not that impressive, shooting guys leaving the outhouse or trying to help the locals it nothing but low.  What they are forgetting is that their are thousands of AMERICANS who can clean house at 600 yards and if they wanna play like this we can wait outside the local mosques or raghead neighborhoods and play the fucking game back.  If shooting random folks for no good reason is OK with Allah, it is Ok with God too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:08:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Every source of this article is a source that is sympathetic to the Iraqi Insurgency cause.  It appears to be a psychological warfare tactic -- I will continue to believe this to be the case unless I hear from anyone in country that says otherwise.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top