Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You don't need a third floatation device in a canoe.

Well, if you keep your lungs full of air MOST people naturally float. Myself included.

Yeah, try it. Blow all the air out of your lungs and you will sink. I do it all the time in the 15 foot section of Cleburne lake when I'm looking for buried treasure.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Lanyards for your slippery guns.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
+ alot for Seats with backrests
Sit in back,with wife/gf in front (one or the other-NOT BOTH)
That way,they do all the paddling.You just steer.Whenever they start to turn their head back,begin paddling.If you're good,they'll never catch on.You'll get where you're going well rested.Dave
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:15:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, if you keep your lungs full of air MOST people naturally float. Myself included.

Yeah, try it. Blow all the air out of your lungs and you will sink. I do it all the time in the 15 foot section of Cleburne lake when I'm looking for buried treasure.

I was just wondering what your response had to do with my reply.  

TJ said that you needed regular PFD's and a throwable in a canoe.  I said that the throwable PFD rule didn't apply to canoes.

As for floating, I am unable to float for some reason.  I take a big breath and I float back up like a turtle.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Found this while searching Canoe stuff on Google: Enjoy :

A blonde is sitting in the middle of a old cornfield rowing away in a canoe.

Another blonde is driving by on the highway and sees her.

She quickly pulls over and gets out of her car.

She walks over, and the other blonde continues to paddle furiously.

"You know, its dumb blondes like you who give the rest of us a bad name."

"Oh yeah? You wanna do something about it?"

The blonde seems to be considering it, but then decides against it.

The blonde in the canoe laughs and says, "What? You a chicken?"

This infuriates the other blonde and she shouts back, "Oh, I'd come and get you, alright.

I just don't have my bathing suit on."

I'm here All week , don't forget to tip your servers........
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Over 16' you do in Texas bud and they aren't real picky about measuring.

Tj

According to the Coast Guard regs VA just adopted, no third PFD requirement for canoes.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Every state is different and it is always imperative that you check your state's regulations.  Don't take my or any other person on the net's word for it.

Until VA adopted the Coast Guard regs, we didn't even have to have a 3rd PFD in boats.  I had a couple of friends get cited for that one.

I still carry a third PFD in the canoe with me just in case.  Never know when you're going to need it.  Just make sure it is secured in the canoe.  Lost my cushion a couple of weeks ago when we flipped the canoe.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top