Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2001 10:39:42 AM EDT
Found this on the Gun & Knife Forum.

[url]http://www.co.arlington.va.us/police/gun_reg.htm[/url]

Do you think anybody will really fall for this?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
how scary is that? like i can't keep my serial #'s written down without the govt.'s help? what a crock!!

i'm gonna pretend to live in VA and "voluntarilly register" all of my stinger missles, orion class submarines, M1A1 tanks and my aircraft carrier! hell, i may even use the name Bill Clinton!

hey VA govt., voluntarily register this! [-!-]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
They need a few more fields like...  How many people have you shot today, Lifetime etc.

Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Have any "friends" in Arlington you enjoy playing practical jokes on?  How's about filling in this quest, ahh...registration form in their name.  

For serial #: None-made it myself.
For Type: Sub-machine gun.
Barrel Length: 10"

edited cause it needed to be.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]
For all your "registration" needs use the social security number 567-68-0515. It belongs to Richard M. Nixon.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]
" ... as a service..."

Yeah  right.  " I'm from the government and I'm here to help"   Thanks, but do something the police ought to be doing, like catching criminals.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#6]
(                  )

...that's me laughing.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Okay, it's a hoot, but don't you find it interesting that they want your race?  What possible bearing could that have on a simple "we'll keep track of your guns for you" service?

Wonder how they explain that request?  Of course, the dolts who'd register their guns here are too stupid to ask, I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#8]
[-!-!-] [-!-!-] [-!-!-] [-!-!-]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Hello....

As funny as it would be to register more items than they have at most armories, it probably would not be a good idea...

In my spare time away from shooting ( i wish it was like that ) I get to be a computer geek for a local ISP....  I am not looking to insult anyone's intelligence or anything like that but just about every page on the net logs IP access to their page, and if something were posted that they wanted to find some legal offense to they could supena your ISP for your name and address.....  just an FYI

~Bob
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hello....

As funny as it would be to register more items than they have at most armories, it probably would not be a good idea...

In my spare time away from shooting ( i wish it was like that ) I get to be a computer geek for a local ISP....  I am not looking to insult anyone's intelligence or anything like that but just about every page on the net logs IP access to their page, and if something were posted that they wanted to find some legal offense to they could supena your ISP for your name and address.....  just an FYI

~Bob
View Quote

Ok, so i will just go to the library and do it.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#11]
MAKE: Howitzer
CALIBER: 105mm
ACTION: Single Shot
BARREL LENGTH: Can stick my arm in up to armpit.
RANGE: Haven't found one big enuff.

NAME: Howard Cannon

ADDRESS: 105 Pillbox Lane
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Your gun registration information has been sent. Thank you for helping to make Arlington County a safer place.
View Quote

That's what it said after someone (hmmm) registered a Thompson 1928A SMG for Edward A. Flynn and his home address.  He is Arlington's very rabid anti-gun (even more so than the politicians here in SC!) police chief.  BTW, he first became infamouse when he had his bully-squads breakdown doors in Massachusetts to confiscate legal firearms.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Have any "friends" in Arlington you enjoy playing practical jokes on?  How's about filling in this quest, ahh...registration form in their name.  

For serial #: None-made it myself.
For Type: Sub-machine gun.
Barrel Length: 10"
View Quote

Whoa - all of ten inches?! That long? [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top