Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Become a life member. Since I did, not a single phone call or solicitation letter.

Or you could whine on the internet.

Your choice.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
A gun rights organization trying to get money to fight gun control laws? The horror. THE HORROR!

Seriously though, you DO realize that simple annual membership dues alone will NOT keep us on the winning side of the fence, don't you? They...we, for that matter....need money from these spammy phone calls and letters in the mail. No, I don't like them either. I doubt anybody does. But if everybody completely ignored them, yes, they'd go away...but then either A) your membership dues would increase to compensate or B) we'd be living in a liberal happy land, given enough time. We don't have billionare bigshots like George Soros to fund our organization. Annoying as this telemarketer stuff might be, in actuality, we depend on it for our rights (to an extent).
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm an NRA member and I got this call.  It started with the caller saying she was an NRA member and had an important message from Wayne LaPiere (sp?) and then there was a recorded message about the NRA getting all our guns.  I work nights and hung up so I could go back to sleep.  It wasn't a big deal, they are trying to raise more money to fight for our 2cnd amendment rights.  Name any other organization with their amount of influence, there aren't any.  They also put out the best gun magazines going.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 The next generation of new hires are kids with tattoos

Yes, because tattoos are a valid indicator of a lack of work ethic.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Pony up for a membership or STFU.

The NRA has done more for your gun rights than any other organization.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess it really just boils down to what is more important to you.  The Constitution and the 2nd Amendment or 20 bucks and a five minute phone call?

I figure it this way.  I will fight and die for the US Constitution and the freedom that it protects.  How can I in good conscience fight fire with fire and possibly leave my family one day permanently to fend on their own or hurt the ignorant who are "just doing their jobs" if it ever comes down to it, when I couldn't be bothered with twenty bucks and a five minute phone call once in a while just because the NRA wasn't the 100% perfect reflection of my own vision for it.  Anyone who will not do what they can now to keep things from going that direction, is number one going to lay down like slaves when and if the time comes to do what's hard but what's right, or number two is kind of a piece of shit for not doing the simple things they could have done in the first place to avoid the whole damn thing.  

Not that we should have to do all of this crap, its freakin sad that we have people who actively fight against the US Constitution, and not even to change it through amendment either but to just flat out undermine it.  But at the same time I really can't see myself fighting back when being aggressively disarmed if I couldn't fucking shell out the cost of a few hamburgers now and then to try to keep it from happening in the first place.

Now I don't have a whole hell of a lot of disposable income right now.  But I give what I can when I can, and so should you.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:08:39 PM EDT
[#7]
What to do about the NRA?

Convince their idiotic billing department that I did pay for my membership this year.  Despite offering to send them bank statements clearly showing that they charged me for said membership, they still pester me about this.  If they want their American Rifleman magazines back so damn bad I'll gladly send them back so they can shove them up their money grubbing asses.  </drunk>
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:34:56 AM EDT
[#8]
The people that are complaining are NRA members.

The problem is that the NRA people are doing stupid stuff and we don't like to be associated with stupid.

Just thought I'd clear that up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:34:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My son just got a call from some money sucker from the NRA and the first words out of their mouths after they confirmed it was him was what would he do if the UN came into our house and took all his guns.

My wife took the phone and said he's only 17 for God's sake and hung up.

Tell me why I continue to belong to an organization like this.

If they spent more time on services and events than trying to scare people into giving more money they MIGHT be worth it but I'm begining to think they aren't.

I don't suppose it has ever occoured to you that anti-gun groups will make phone calls to try and get people to leave the NRA, did it?

Certain "activist" student groups around here pulled all sorts of stunts around the last election time.

That being said, sometimes the NRA pushes too hard.

But moderation in the persuit of liberty is no virtue.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]
The UN DOES WANT YOUR GUNS. That is a fact. The NRA lobbies endlessly trying to prevent the passage of all BS gun laws.

The times that gun laws have passed and the NRA supposedly "Sold us out" is simple minded. The law had more than enough votes to pass. The NRA knows that. The best they can do in some instances is try to have it changed to at least make it less intrusive.

As is stated endlessly, If the NRA had 10 million members (which should be an easy number) than we wouldn't have to worry about anymore dumbass unconstitutional anti-gun laws. I am a member and I also signed up my brother and my wife as associate members. It's only $10 more and adds numbers to the ranks of the NRA which is always good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:45:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The UN DOES WANT YOUR GUNS. That is a fact. The NRA lobbies endlessly trying to prevent the passage of all BS gun laws.

The times that gun laws have passed and the NRA supposedly "Sold us out" is simple minded. The law had more than enough votes to pass. The NRA knows that. The best they can do in some instances is try to have it changed to at least make it less intrusive.

As is stated endlessly, If the NRA had 10 million members (which should be an easy number) than we wouldn't have to worry about anymore dumbass unconstitutional anti-gun laws. I am a member and I also signed up my brother and my wife as associate members. It's only $10 more and adds numbers to the ranks of the NRA which is always good.

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#12]
COZ nailed it...

Did they lie to you? No?

Tell them you'll donate when you can, not when they ask for it.

They've done a ton for our rights so I'll give them a little slack.

See my sig line. It wouldn't be there if I didn't believe it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top