Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 8:56:17 AM EDT
I just saw it.What a FREAKING COOL MOVIE!!!
let me get at the guns first.
WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!
There's three mercenaries who are in the crew,at the beginning,they are field testing a Barret Light Fifty,loaded with HEAP rounds.The blow up an old plane with it.Another guy has a Steyr AUG,which never gets used,but it can be seen later at the crash site,with it's barrel bent,thus unusable.CS teargas is used,along with a flare launcher,and at the end,a brigade of Marines lands on the island.
Not too much gunplay though,but enough.
They lose all weaponry after crash,before crash you can hear the Barret firing a whole mag in the forest,before the guy gets eaten.Tons of dinosaurs,NON_STOP action,and it has some good story loops into the other films.I LOVED it,and I plan to see it again.The way the plan crashes is actually quite interesting.I am only telling you the gun-related stuff,so go see the film.It's got my thumbs up!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:09:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Another guy has a Steyr AUG,which never gets used,but it can be seen later at the crash site,with it's barrel bent,thus unusable.
View Quote

WHAT A WASTE!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another guy has a Steyr AUG,which never gets used,but it can be seen later at the crash site,with it's barrel bent,thus unusable.
View Quote

WHAT A WASTE!!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Everyone knows with an AUG you are supposed to carry extra barrels.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Goddam bastards stole my idea!

I wanted a Jurassic Park sequel about sending a MEU/SOC to clean up the island, after dinos started reaching the mainland by themselves (like in the opening of the original novel).  It would be kind of like a Starship Troopers/Aliens kind of bug hunt through the jungle looking for Raptors. Bastards!

On a more humerous note, could you imagine the breafing on board ship!  When they were told that they were going to eliminate Dinosaurs?  I wonder if their is a Lieutenant Colonel somewhere in the Marines who has enough of a sense of humor to actually use this as a drill?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
It's been said before, but still true:

"Nuke 'em from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure."
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The Marines were there to rescue them.As for your idea....authough probably fun to watch,would not be realistic,as the U.S. Government would be hacked to bits by the public for taking out the animals.Not to mention Isla Sorna is under Costa Rican control.
In the first book,at the end the Costa Rican Army has gunships gunning animals down.Unfortunately,most of the animals gunned down by the helicopters are peaceful herbivors.Also,most of the island is canopy,so there's no way to clear the island by air,unless you just nuke the place,which would never be allowed.The Marines in the film never fired a shot,and except for the chopper pilots,none of them actually see any dinosaurs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
......Not to mention Isla Sorna is under Costa Rican control.  In the first book,at the end the Costa Rican Army has gunships gunning animals down.
View Quote

Yeah!  I forgot about that from the book.  I guess Michael Crichton didn't know that Costa Rica doesn't have a military of any kind!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Marines were there to rescue them.As for your idea....authough probably fun to watch,would not be realistic,as the U.S. Government would be hacked to bits by the public for taking out the animals.Not to mention Isla Sorna is under Costa Rican control.
In the first book,at the end the Costa Rican Army has gunships gunning animals down.Unfortunately,most of the animals gunned down by the helicopters are peaceful herbivors.Also,most of the island is canopy,so there's no way to clear the island by air,unless you just nuke the place,which would never be allowed.The Marines in the film never fired a shot,and except for the chopper pilots,none of them actually see any dinosaurs.
View Quote

Of course its not realistic!  Marines hunting dinosaurs!! Think about it!!! The whole scenereo isnt realistic.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah well didnt they also nerve gas the island in the first one to destroy a ton of raptors and other carnavores?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys are talking about what is realistic in
reference to a DINOSAUR MOVIE!!! ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd open a can of Kel-Tech Whoop-ass !
[:D]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/003/20/Pr/Db/zc40672.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Wait, a brigade of Marines?
That's pretty cool.
Let's see... a regiment of grunts, an Air-Group (helos and Jets), an Artillary Co, a company of AMTRACs, Recon, and a Brigade Service Support Group to chop up the dead dinosaurs and cook them up for the grunts.
mmmmmmmmmmmgmgmaaaahhhhh.... bronto-burgers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I remember the first time I saw the first one. I got there late and had to sit all the way in the front. ITWAS THE BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE. If you go to see a movie with big things in it...trust me...THAT IS THE PLACE YOU WANT TO SIT!!! It was awesome. Try it next time you see it Nomad-FA2
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#13]
The movie was ok, not great.  Wonder if Planet of the Apes will be the next disappointment? The movies I am waiting to see is the Lord of the Ring Trilogy.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:28:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Dereck45, that was Fing hilarious, I LMAO.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Notice in "The Planet of the Apes" previews the apes are armed with swords, unlike the original where they had guns. I think the spaceman has some sort of futuristic blaster thingy though. I expect they will skirt any gun issues (be they pro or anti) altogether or at least for the most part.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:13:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The movie was ok, not great.  Wonder if Planet of the Apes will be the next disappointment? The movies I am waiting to see is the Lord of the Ring Trilogy.
View Quote

I can't wait to see the scene where Gandalf pulls the belt-fed machine gun out of his golf bag.
[ni] [ni] [ni]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#18]
A friend of mine (Mark Serbu) told me that some of his weapons will be un upcoming movies. I can't remember exactly, but I think he said the BFG50 is in JPIII.

I guess Ill have to go see the movie.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Just saw Jurassic Park and I would rate it a 7/10. Really good special effects (as usual), and a LOT of action. If you liked either of the first two, chances are you will like this one as well.

Just my .02

Tyler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top