Quoted:
Just like Waco

[homestarrunner]you're weird[/homestarrunner]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
you need to calm down

No kidding. Pot this is the kettle, you're black.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Can we get a Daycare forum for the kids who get out of drama class early and don't have anything to do until their parents get home?

General Guidelines

6.) Repeatedly attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

Guess you don't know how to read then, huh?

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can we get a Daycare forum for the kids who get out of drama class early and don't have anything to do until their parents get home?

General Guidelines

6.) Repeatedly attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a respectful manner.

Then I guess I'm glad the CoC isn't open to your interpretation.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Did you expect the cops engaged in the actions you are questioning to answer you here?

I do know the COC and your thread deserved to be locked.

So someone can't call the people in a story dickheads unless they expect those people in the story to be able to answer?
Otherwise the insult defaults to applying to another forum member?

That seems bizarre.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#8]
lippo,
When you find yourself arguing about something that happened in Virginia with residents of Virginia, who are extremely angry about the situation like VA-gunnut and myself, perhaps you are arguing just to argue.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

General Guidelines

Your just digging a hole deeper.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#10]
FOX- posted, lock it up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nobody's given you an answer on why you couldn't IM the mod or Staff you wanted.
It's because you misspelled his name.  If you try to IM Double Feed, you'll never send it and I'll never get it.  If you tried The-Beer-Slayer, you'd never get him either.  You probably tried soomething like Vagunnut and couldn't get him.
Spelling is everything.  That's right, sports fans, this site's IM program is one of them damn spelling nazis!

Doggonit!!

No wonder I'm not getting any answers to all those hate-filled rants directed to Double-Feeder.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I dunno, I didn't start a thread titled to sound like a generalization against all the AR15.com Moderators, when it was only about one, about another thread of yours that was locked because you made a bad generalization against all LEOs, rather than the ones who did something you disagree with.

So.. You hit China yet?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Try pulling back on your LEO bashing and you might not get so many threads locked.

Yeah, don't say things they don't want you to say, and they won't shut you up.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
lippo,
When you find yourself arguing about something that happened in Virginia with residents of Virginia, who are extremely angry about the situation like VA-gunnut and myself, perhaps you are arguing just to argue.

No, I want to know "why" from the LEO's the reason why they don't hold their own to account? Out of ALL of the officers that were at that gun show, you CAN'T tell me that there were some there that thought what they were doing was wrong. Are you or are all the LEO's here that don't want to get into a discussion so weak that they just follow orders?

I didn't attack anyone personally. I wan't to "maybe" get an LEO tell the truth for once. And it looks like I may have gotten one. But they he says, I have to do it locally. Passing the buck once more. The BATFE is a FEDERAL organization and if local cops would say no to them, they'd be put in their place. But LOCAL cops don't seem to want to do that.

That's what I am getting at. And nobody seem to want to discuss it, because it "hurts" their feelings. You guys may be pissed about it, but I am too. I may not live in Virginia, but when a Federal agency does this, it hurts as if they did it here too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Try pulling back on your LEO bashing and you might not get so many threads locked.

Yeah, and I didn't know WHO locked my thread. And then when I wanted to IM to find out why. They block their IM's.

And there is no spelling to the IM button. You just push it.

Va-gunnut, you overstepped your authority. I didn't violate the CoC, like many do on a constant basis. And you don't lock their threads. Don't like what I say, then IM me. Don't just lock and hide.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's become his trademark and it was over the top. Check out the thread, it should be linked on page 2 of this one.

ETA: Nope, the thread's been trashed.

ETA2: Lippo - in the future, look at the bottom-right corner of the System Message post that locks your thread, it tells you who did it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
lippo,

No, I want to know "why" from the LEO's the reason why they don't hold their own to account? Out of ALL of the officers that were at that gun show, you CAN'T tell me that there were some there that thought what they were doing was wrong. Are you or are all the LEO's here that don't want to get into a discussion so weak that they just follow orders?

I didn't attack anyone personally. I wan't to "maybe" get an LEO tell the truth for once. And it looks like I may have gotten one. But they he says, I have to do it locally. Passing the buck once more. The BATFE is a FEDERAL organization and if local cops would say no to them, they'd be put in their place. But LOCAL cops don't seem to want to do that.

That's what I am getting at. And nobody seem to want to discuss it, because it "hurts" their feelings. You guys may be pissed about it, but I am too. I may not live in Virginia, but when a Federal agency does this, it hurts as if they did it here too.

If they do something bad, like evading arrest, they just say that "they were crazy, and we can't charge a crazy person"

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

General Guidelines

Wow.... the crack must be GOOD this batch  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
[LEO's the reason why they don't hold their own to account? Out of ALL of the officers that were at that gun show, you CAN'T tell me that there were some there that thought what they were doing was wrong. Are you or are all the LEO's here that don't want to get into a discussion so weak that they just follow orders.

First of all, there is some dispute whether or not things went down exactly as the VCDL bulletin said it did. In order to find out, you have to gather evidence. Which means you have to go out and find who went to the gunshow. Then you have to interview them. Then you have to interview their families and/or neighbors. They make the case first, then they confront LE. If there is weight to the report, I'm confident the VCDL will raise holy hell. They are a very effective group.

The point is why demand answers from LE officers that weren't there? Maybe if you asked the question would the officer's on this board engage in such operatins then you could have gotten your question answered and your thread wouldn't be locked. As soon as you start throwing around insults, instead of discussing the matter, you can expect your thread to be locked.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's become his trademark and it was over the top. Check out the thread, it should be linked on page 2 of this one.

The link just goes to the GD page.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

General Guidelines

You're the dude with the shovel and the veins popping out of your forehead.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Nobody's given you an answer on why you couldn't IM the mod or Staff you wanted.
It's because you misspelled his name.  If you try to IM Double Feed, you'll never send it and I'll never get it.  If you tried The-Beer-Slayer, you'd never get him either.  You probably tried soomething like Vagunnut and couldn't get him.
Spelling is everything.  That's right, sports fans, this site's IM program is one of them damn spelling nazis!

oh, and IBTL!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yeah, and I didn't know WHO locked my thread. And then when I wanted to IM to find out why. They block their IM's.

Va-gunnut, you overstepped your authority. I didn't violate the CoC, like many do on a constant basis. And you don't lock their threads. Don't like what I say, then IM me. Don't just lock and hide.

Example:

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just sent him an IM and the system didn't stop me.

I think you can't IM the system message.
It happened to me the other day Kinda pissed me off at first, but then the Mod explained that you can IM him, but not the system message.

It was no big deal, but I didn't think it deserved a lock.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=381534

Then I posted this: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=381537

It was a different topic, but I did take a little shot at him. Oh, well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:22:24 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Example:

www.apt401.com/lock.jpg

Thank you. I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#31]
How about instead of locking threads, they just get moved somewhere. No, not the trashcan.

If it is abusive, it goes ____
If it is racist, sexist, or has to do with gerbals or whatever, it goes ____

just a thought

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
How about instead of locking threads, they just get moved somewhere. No, not the trashcan.

If it is abusive, it goes ____
If it is racist, sexist, or has to do with gerbils or whatever, it goes ____

just a thought

Hey leave the animals out of it!! Equal time for bestiality!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#35]
What a load of crap.  Rules are rules.
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Question Asked and Answered...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top