BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:17:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ah, so the need for you being a class A dick is because you have a burr up your ass due to personal experience and were probably blamed in one or more circumstances, or feel guilty, and your way of coping is by becoming over zealous in need to accept responsibility.  My wife is a therapist and makes VERY good money to deal with fucked up people like you on a daily basis.  People like you paid for my smith and wesson.  Thank you.

LOL, dude get off your fucking high horse.  Go ask you wife if 2 weeks of an SSRI will make someone kill themselves.   You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.  The ignorance you display is very revealing about you. Obviously not good enough money or she would have bought you a better gun.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:18:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ardoc, your a stupid ass sonofabitch and out of all the rude shit I've seen people say on here, that took the cake,  Several prescription drugs have been directly linked to increased suicide rates.  Thats some dirty shit for you to have pulled.  No wonder people have such a bad image of gun owners.  With people like you representing us....

You have no idea WTF you are talking about.  Why dont people take some responsibility for their own actions and not blame others.  I too have lost a relative to a suicide as well as my GF.  So why dont you go fuck you self and the crappy horse you rode in on. The only stupid ass you. No smiley needed here.

Give me examples of prescription drugs that will make you kill yourself after one or two weeks of use.  I bet you cant dumbass.

While ARDOC's bed keyboard-side manner is lacking in this thread, I believe he is right.  The medications probably just take away your fear or inhibitions, kind of like alcohol.  You have to already be thinking about it to do it.  Without the meds, you might just keep yourself in check.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:20:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ardoc, your a stupid ass sonofabitch and out of all the rude shit I've seen people say on here, that took the cake,  Several prescription drugs have been directly linked to increased suicide rates.  Thats some dirty shit for you to have pulled.  No wonder people have such a bad image of gun owners.  With people like you representing us....

You have no idea WTF you are talking about.  Why dont people take some responsibility for their own actions and not blame others.  I too have lost a relative to a suicide as well as my GF.  So why dont you go fuck you self and the crappy horse you rode in on. The only stupid ass you. No smiley needed here.

Give me examples of prescription drugs that will make you kill yourself after one or two weeks of use.  I bet you cant dumbass.

While ARDOC's bed keyboard-side manner is lacking in this thread, I believe he is right.  The medications probably just take away your fear or inhibitions, kind of like alcohol.  You have to already be thinking about it to do it.  Without the meds, you might just keep yourself in check.

you are correct, I have to stop responding when I am tired and cranky.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

people, I'm talking documented case of people with no shown suicidal tendencies being prescribed anti depressents and other mood altering drugs offing themselves.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:27:45 AM EDT
[#5]
A kid I went to High School with was at a party one night and got drunk and decided to play Russian Roulette with a 357 Magnum with 3 bullets loaded in every other chamber. Needless to say he found the first chamber loaded. I found out all of this before the school did the next day because my younger cousin was at the party when it happened. The strange part of this was I knew the kid and we chatted a few times but we were never friends and a few years later I ended up working with his Uncle and became great friends with his Uncle. It hit the kids family hard especially his Uncle who was the kids favorite family member. Really sad that he had to do something like that. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]
My half Brother attempted suicide 2 years ago. He used a 357 magnum with ball ammo. Went thru the roof of his mouth and exited the top of his head about the diameter of a dime. He lived thru it, out of the hospital in a week, and he had to re-learn how to walk, etc. There was some frontal lobe damage that screwed up his reasoning, number comprehension and recognition, temper, and his ability to be trusted with any kind of sharp objects, etc.. He died a year later from sugar.

His wife had the same mentality that you are talking about. She said guns were evil, and anyone that owned them was evil too! Piss on the bitch!!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:59:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:03:46 AM EDT
[#8]
when I was 10 I had to be one of the alterboys at the funeral for my oldest brothers best friend who shot himself with a .45playing russian roulette. If he would have kept living he'd probably be on this board he was a rather large fan of the evil black rifle. he had about five or 6 of them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Brother-in-Law #2 shot himself with a shotgun back in 1993, I have that shotgun in my safe.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:02:40 AM EDT
[#10]
A friend from deer camp did himself in a couple years ago with his own reloads in caliber .243.  He was in the latter stages of cancer.  He beat it for a year longer than was expected but when he was at a point were he could no longer control his bowel.  He ended it his way.

He was cremated & his ashes are burried next to his deer blind.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#11]
My neighbor struggled with cancer for awhile, then one night he couldnt control his bowels anymore and put a 12ga to the chest. He was about 65-70 a former Sheriff and a great guy.  I can understand why though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

people, I'm talking documented case of people with no shown suicidal tendencies being prescribed anti depressents and other mood altering drugs offing themselves.

Please name the cases.  And since you are so knowledgable about these drugs how long do they take to work and how much is the effective dose?

ETA: dude you so full of yourself its very entertaining!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:11:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I had a great uncle off himself with a .22 to the back of the head.  No real reason why, other than he was old and had a few health issues.

Not that I contemplate suicide at my age (26), but if I was older and had a family and was terminally ill, and the pain and suffering got to me I would probably off myself to save my family the thousands in extra $$$ during my last days.  I would at least have the notion to write them a long long note so that they would understand that I wanted it that way and that I could no longer be a burden to them, to live life again and know that I'd be waiting for them...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Knew a kid while I was in highschool that shot himself(12 gauge) ... he seemed so happy to... hmmmm.

Another fella shot himself playing russian roullette(44 mag) .... his bravery was only surpassed by his complete stupidity.

These incidents never turned me against guns, I knew If they were pointed away from when i pulled the trigger, they wouldnt hurt me ...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Brother-in-Law #2 shot himself with a shotgun back in 1993, I have that shotgun in my safe.

I would have though it would be confiscated as evidence in a murder case.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#16]
My brother in law shot himself 10 years ago. We got the call in the middle of the night. A rough time, it was. My in-laws don't like guns but its not due to that incident, nor have they ever criticized my ownership of them based on their sons actions.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes.....
My brother  its hard to talk about....  Great father, wife and 2 kids 31 years old....
Was having slight depression so went to doctor... Doctor put him on 5 meds and he wasnt there 15 minutes??? Things at his home started to go badly almost immediately.. My father was over there talking to him twice a week.. Even called the doctors office and told them something wasnt right!!!!
Week or 2 went by with no effort from the doctor....
He took my grandfathers walther ppk that he brought back from ww2 and shot himself....
GOD KNOWS I miss him and wish he could see how his children are growing>>>
He died in 2003 in October and the doctors office is still sending his wife a bill(last time we talked) for him not showing up at the doctors appointment  in NOVEMBER....
His children will understand that a gun didnt kill their daddy  an incompetent doctor did....

Dude, please, your story is so full of shit, there are always two sides to the story.  No meds make you kill yourself. You have to be fucked up to begin with.  Why dont you blame his family for not helping him by taking him to the hospital if they were so concerned.

I think you need to back the fuck up and check yourself before you talk about someones dead brother that way.

You owe an apology.

No, I dont. If anything you should fuck the back up.

ETA: Dumbasses like you believe that shit, hook line and sinker.  So the family is concerned but not enough to take him to the hospital or call the authoritites. There is only one doctor in town?   Come on, this story has all the makings for a unwarranted lawsuit.  I bet this person has had a long history of psych and emotional problems and or substance abuse problems.  Not to mention most psych drugs take 2-4 weeks before having any significant effect.   It usually takes months before the full effects are realized.  

Its sad but this person would have done it anyway.  The underlying problem that tortured this person would have still and always been there.  There was no disrespect directed towards this person but this story is full of holes.

You sir are WAY out of line here. There is a time and place for this discussion and it is not here. Feel free to start a thread in the pit and IM me to let me know. I will be along to tell you what I think of your comments.

Until you walk a mile in someone else's shoes I suggest you keep your mouth shut.

ETA - You need to learn to respect people's deceased loved ones.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, I know it happened for a fact. I've seen the death certificate.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My uncle blew his brains out last Friday night.

It's not going over well with my Dad.

I'm sorry.

EDIT: Yes, a friend in high school blew his brains out with his dad's 12 gauge.  He was incredibly smart, Varsity football and lacrosse, serious girlfriend, seemed like he had everything going for him but his dad just couldn't lay off.  He never felt like he was good enough.

His dad sold the entire collection.  His mom lost it.  Kept his room exactly the way he left it.  I visited her once, about a year after it happened.  I had to keep from crying when she asked me to stay for dinner because he was going to be home from football practice any minute.  Dunno how she is now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:30:25 PM EDT
[#20]
My aunts husband put a jennings j-22 to his head and pulled the trigger.  However, the bullet didn't go through his skull.  It bounced of his skull went down his face a loged under his left eye. At the hospital they made a small cut and the bullet fell out.  Happy to say she has since left him and has a new appt. with a new boyfriend.

Antoher guy who went to high school with my brother shot himself with a shotgun over a drug problem he had.  Put it under his chin and pulled the trigger.  A few years later my brother almost bought the jeep he shot himself in.  Decided not to when he found out that was the jeep.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#21]
My brother-in-law's brother killed himself with a shotgun & it did not turn by bro-in-law against guns.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Lost a classmate last year to suicide by firearm...

New another older gentleman with cancer who used his Ithaca mag 10...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Personally, my wife had a cousin (a few years older than us) who shot himself a few years back.  

Professionally, we have reviewed 32 youth (<18) suicides by firearm in this state since 2000.  

But neither of the above has affected my interest in and love of firearms...  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Knock on wood I do not know anyone who has comitted suicide, and i feel terribly for those on this board who have lost people.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I hope my topic didn't  offend or dredge up bad memories for anyone and I'm sorry for everyone who has lost someone.  Apparently, it happens more than I thought and the stories I've heard from associates are probably true.

- Nw -
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top