Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The system is so corrupt that I will never vote for an incumbent at national elections.  Local is another story, even then with the gerrymandering, I still wont vote for an incumbent. But I do vote every election

I'm just a malcontent
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
We need to go back to the intent of the Founding Fathers.  So, basically, I'm advocating the Republicans nominate someone like Vin Suprynowicz.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wish they would seal the border, but I doubt they will.

But, as long as the Beast is running as a Demoncrat, I will vote for just about anyone else to try to beat her.

And, sad to say, the Republicans know that.

That's a really bad campaign strategy. Look at what it did for Kerry.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not be Democrats.

Exactly.

Who the hell else has a snowball's chance of winning without a (D) after their name?

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Lockdown the borders.  An AR (in .308) in every pot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think I'll be voting in '06 or '08.

Republicans had their chance but they let democrats have their way on what seems like so many things. The border should have been closed when 9-11 happened, but it wasn't. Troops should have deployed and landmines buried.

If Hitleray wins it'll be America's fault. I just hope I can handle another war delared against innocent American people, because it sure won't be against communists & islamic maniacs.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GAS PRICES !!!!!!

Exxon / Mobile making record profits while we pay record prices.  I always voted republican, but I must admit that this really pisses me off.

And just what should the Federal Gooberment do about that?

Do you really know what you are saying?

O_P bringin' the truth.

The number of closet commies on this board is amusing.

FWIW some that have suggested the .gov get involved with oil prices do so out of ignorance... as I did a while back strictly from lack of knowledge of how it works - and O_P corrected me on that ...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
GAS PRICES !!!!!!

Exxon / Mobile making record profits while we pay record prices.  I always voted republican, but I must admit that this really pisses me off.

And just what should the Federal Gooberment do about that?

Do you really know what you are saying?

O_P bringin' the truth.

The number of closet commies on this board is amusing.

FWIW some that have suggested the .gov get involved with oil prices do so out of ignorance... as I did a while back strictly from lack of knowledge of how it works - and O_P corrected me on that ...

You might enjoy this discussion:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=382242
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Reduce gas prices and quickly before it corrupts our economy.

Control the Border-----This will carry alot of weight for my deciding vote.

Reduce taxes as they have been doing.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Lets just say it involves Tom Delay, Hillary Clinton, and a Cleveland Steamer.

You get the picture.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Control the Border-----This will carry alot of weight for my deciding vote.

Reduce taxes as they have been doing.

It already has.  Prices are starting to go up.  Retailers are reporting lower profits.  It costs money to ship everything.  We are headed for economic disaster so fast that I'm waiting to hear the sonic boom.  Whoever will take the steps that will fix this will get my vote.  As long as they also support the 2nd and tightening border security.  Those are my top 3 things.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Another one......
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
GAS PRICES !!!!!!

What about gas prices?  What is the government supposed to do? What's wrong with energy companies making profits?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish I had a solution. If I did, I'd be running for POTUS.

But what do I know? I'm just a dipshit bass-player.

Explains a-lot dipshit.  

T.

At least I'm ruggedly handsome!

SHHHHH!!! TRG might be listening....

TRG? He's CUTE!!!

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm voting for Mrs. Clinton.

As much as I dislike her she has more/bigger balls than many/all so called "conservatives" on the hill.

The republicans, as a party need to grow a pair...period!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So what do you need to see to make you vote Republican in 2008?

For me the list is as follows:

1. The Border Problem - I don't expect anyone to solve the problem of illegal immigration. I think it will always exist. But I want to see them end their encouragement of illegal immigrants. I want to see the end of liberal crap like Bush's Immigration Proposals and I want to see a Republican candidate address the border as the threat to US security that it actually is. Perhaps they could give it at least the attention they give the war on drugs.

Get control of both the northern and southern borders.  If they mean us to still be a country in 5 years, they're going to have to prove it.  If not, we'll start a party that will. Oddly, Pat Buchanan was preaching border control back in the early 80s when everyone hated him and said he was too conservative.  If it means building a wall. Build a damn wall. Screw the Mexicans and the Canadians. We're not talking about friendly open trade here, we're talking about survival.

2. The Iraqi War - I don't expect the Republicans to wave a magic wand and make everyone in the Middle East stop hating America. That won't happen. And I'm not in favor of the Democratic solution of walking away (brilliant exit strategy) and letting the terrorist claim a victory that will embolden them. But I think we are all pretty sick of seeing US soldiers killed while trying to make Iraq a better place. Most of us would like Iraq to be a peaceful country but we don't want to pay the cost in US blood to build power plants for an ungrateful population. I can't say I have a simple solution but I hope we can come up with something better than what we are doing.

Republicans need a strategy to win; the "stay the course" is a strategy to lose.  Add 200,000 troops to Iraq. Admit the enemy IS Islam.  At least, radicalized Islam IF you absolutely must be politically correct.  The majority of war against us is funded by Syria, Iran and Saudi Arabia. We're going to have to get serious about who is our enemy if we want to survive. Appeasing the Islamists means our women get fitted for Burkas. There can be no quarter.

Russia needs to be our friend. Bush, and future presidents, needs to get off his ass and work Russia for all it's worth. Trade, loans, technology, mutual military excercises, whatever.

3. Guns - We've done pretty good in the last 8 years. Most importantly we BEAT the renewal. But the Feinsteins and Bradys have NOT been taught it is a dead issue. Also ATF continues it's crap like the parts kit ban. I need a Republican President who will say "enough of this crap already." I want a Republican candidate who will put the ATF "on notice" in the same way Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter made them an "attack dog." I want anti gun members of Congress to know anti gun legislation is political suicide. And I want the Brady Bunch to find that anti gun issues are a bottomless money pit. If the Republicans are REALLY behind us as gun owners that isn't too much to ask IMO.

You're going to need a new political party for this one. We FAILED the last 8 years, the sunset was due to the political FEAR in both parties. There's not a damn bit of difference between the Republican and the Democrats. Our guns are going in the near future unless there is a drastic change in the way we are represented.  If not, we're, meaning the country, going the way of Lebanon.

Those are really my Big Three. Everything else is either being done to what I consider a satisfactory level or isn't a huge issue with me.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Tell Chuck Hagel to shut the fuck up and quit undermining our President and what this country stands for... Thatd do it for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
We need to go back to the intent of the Founding Fathers.  So, basically, I'm advocating the Republicans nominate someone like Vin Suprynowicz.

lol, I guess that would pretty much assure my vote too.

However, since Vin is considered fringe even among other Libertarians, I doubt that he stands much chance of being nominated by the Repubs.

I look at candidates on an individual basis, even though up until now I have ended up voting Republican every time. Basically, they must nominate a candidate who, all issues considered, is significantly less bad than the Dem candidate.

Bush got my vote because Kerry was so extremely anti-gun and the AWB expired. Had Dean been nominated and/or the AWB been renewed, I don’t think that would have been the case.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Close the freaking border.

A complete 10 year moritorium on ALL immigration.

Round up all illegals in the country and kick em the eff out.

Protect our 2nd amendment rights.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Grow a frigging backbone.

As to gas prices, that can be blamed squarely on refining capacity. Or lack thereof. And that can be blamed squarely on the Federal Government, for making the regulations for a new refinery cost so much.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Wall off the border

+1

Bring manufacturing back to the US

How, exactly?  It wasn't the Republicans, Democrats, or federal government that drove it away.  It was the cheap price of labor in other countries.

Nationwide CCW

Right, because they'd never abuse having a list of gun owners.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#23]
there is no way they will get my vote in 2008.  I will only vote R in the presidental race to keep the dems from controling that.  The republican party will not get my vote on any other issue.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Not nominate John McCain.

Or that gun grabbing pseudo-liberal Rudy Giuliani.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted: So what do you need to see to make you vote Republican in 2008?
A lot of dead enemies. When the Democraps becoming more war-like in their treatment of America's enemies, then I'll vote for them. After all, military action against our enemies is one of the primary responsibilities of government.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#26]
tag
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:21:34 PM EDT
[#27]
No 1. - Get serious in the war on terror.

No. 2 - Close the borders and increase the security on the borders.

No. 3 - Develop an energy policy that encourages the production of current oil and oil shale reserves, construction of more refineries and nuclear power plants, then task NASA to come up with an alternate energy source to take us off dependency of foriegn reserves.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#28]
#1 - Eliminate the IRS and go to a simple tax system, Fair Tax, or whatever. It does not have to be this complicated but that is the way big government survives, by justifying itself.

#2 - Border Security. Quit being a bunch of pussies.

#3 - Remove the enviromental restrictions and build some more refineries and nuclear power plants. Alot more. Drill the crap out of where ever the hell we want, I don't care if there is an oil rig off the Florida coast, it will be jobs and increase supply.

ETA: I'll vote for Hillary before Rudy or McCain anyday and I can't stand her but I detest those two RINOs and she has a bigger dick than either of those two.

Edit again: on second thought I just wouldn't vote if those were the choices McCain is teaming up Kennedy and working with him now, WTF !!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not be Democrats.

+1 though some are pretty close

+11ebentytrillion.

What Dem is going to do all the things we want?

None.

What Rep?  

None.

Gotta go with a general lean and acto as locally as possible to affect national politics in the future.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Just be better than the Democrats.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
All the Republican party has to do to get my vote in 2008 is simply to run a candidate.

There's not one prominent democrat I'd vote for if I had a gun to my head and orders to vote for them.

CJ

A big +1 on that one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm voting for Mrs. Clinton.

I need your address. So I can get in some batting practice. With your face. Ahem.

I just want some of this free health care I keep hearing about.

Everything comes with a price. Free health care = health care for the healthy. The un-healthy on a GOV free system get Shivo treatment.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Get the CIA to "terminate him with extreme prejudice".

CW
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All the Republican party has to do to get my vote in 2008 is simply to run a candidate.

There's not one prominent democrat I'd vote for if I had a gun to my head and orders to vote for them.

CJ

A big +1 on that one.

I wasn't suggesting people here were gonna vote Democrat.

But many feel betrayed enough to vote for one of the Inependents.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

A big +1 on that one.

I wasn't suggesting people here were gonna vote Democrat.

But many feel betrayed enough to vote for one of the Inependents.

As betrayed as I feel... I think that a good independent canidate will spell horrible doom.

Unless they can miraculously garner a majority vote, a good independent will probably split the conservative vote ending up in a liberal majority.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I myself am really dissapointed in the Republican party on the State and Federal levels

It will be real hard to vote for any incumbant in the State level here in Minnesota. I dont care what they do, they fucked themselves
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#38]

SECURE

THE

BORDER
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#39]
lighten up on the abortion thing
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Remain firm on the abortion thing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:45:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Grow balls
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#42]
For all the border closing members, Chertoff is getting serious.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Grow a pair.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Admit it....sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between the Democrats and the sellout, do nothing for freedom while in power Republicans.  The Republicans did let The AWB expire, but hesitatingly.  Where are the American patriots of the kind that founded this nation.Certainly not in Washington.

BORDER!   BORDER!  BORDER!  What hypocrisy to treat me like a terrorist at the airport and let the illegals flow in uninterrupted!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I will vote for whoever meets thesse chriteria.

1. Free market. Currently there are way to many restrictions on buisness, from minnimum wage to Unions. Unions are good, untill they demand more than can be afforded. Better working conditions and slightly less hours are the extent that can be demanded. Anthing lower than 45 for menial jobs begin to distort the market, as to any wages above what can be supported. If business is given no restrictions then the econmy grows, for those who want clartification ask, or read Economics in one lession.

2. Gun Laws. It's simple, you can't make a single law that regulates what guns you can buy, or who can buy them. The amentment was not made for hunting or for self defence, it was made for rouge government controll. If people thought for forty seconds then the would understand.
     "Well let's see the Founding Fathers fought against a goventment who imposed taxes upon them. They used phamplets to express their ideas and guns to fight for them. Thus were born the First and Second amendments. They were also pissed that soldiers were quartered on them and thusly was born the Third amendment. The rest of the amendments were wrought from trying to keep the federal government small which leads to my next point.

3. Taxes. You can not make a direct tax, it is in the Constitution. So get rid of it. This also rids us of the IRS, but even better the ATF. With no ATF there will be no more Ruby Ridges or Wacos. Everyone wins, except for greedy bastards who do not want to make money in a buisness.

4. The Iraq War. Simple, ask the Iraqi police, and people wether they want us out, if they do, we leave. If they do not, we stay. If we leave, have a small force remain so that we have a presence in the Middle East to secure Oil.

5. Things I do not expect. Free choice, while I would love that and firmly belive in it, I realize for no real reason Republicans do not like it. I do not know why, however that is what they belive. ALSO I do not think that the government will restore state rights. members of the government want power and money, like the Inner party in 1984, this is why laws will continue to be made, reguardless of who is in power. I mean anyone, I hoped that the constitution would stop most of this, however, people in the government piss on the constitiution, oh well.

Ask me for clairification on any points.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top